“Great Little Spot”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2014

When we walked in the door we weren't sure....first impressions are not the best. However, the place is cozy, quaint and everything was uphill from there. The service was very good, the wine list was interesting---certainly not limited to California wines; and the price range is reasonable. And the food was great. We both had salads followed by a perfectly prepared medium rare steak for my husband and amazing lamb for me. Both dishes came with a selection of vegetables. The seafood dishes all sounded wonderful and we will be back to try them. For some reason we were both in the mood for red meat that night. A great spot for a romantic and special meal.

There are newer reviews for Antiquity Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I dined here in Dec. 2013 after buying multiple gift certificates. Kind of forgot about 1 and just found that it expired 6/14. Called the owner who replied "No problem." Skip the corporate places. AWESOME food.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Where do I start?

First, the restaurant is in a VERY historic part of town: Old Town. The restaurant is very elegant in a rustic way, and great for romance.

The steaks are some of the best I've tasted, right up there with my Texas standard of Bohanan's. Very well seasoned, with good bread. I recommend the filet wrapped in bacon. They also have very good after dinner coffee.

The staff and chef were all very nice and affable. I like the manager a lot.

If you come to Albuquerque, you need to eat here.

2  Thank jameygamer
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We selected Antiquity as the place to take my spouse's 96-year-old mother for her birthday, largely based on TripAdvisor reviews.
The restaurant was hard to find (in the middle of a block and with small signage), and parking was problematic (no parking on the street, with public parking a block or so away). There really wasn't a good pullout along the small street (in the "old town" historic/shopping district) to stop and let our elderly birthday girl out, so we ended up just forcing a couple of cars to be patient as we stopped in the street and helped her out of the car.
When we first walked into the restaurant, I was concerned because it was pretty hot--chefs were cooking on open grills in this front area. When we got beyond that to our table, the temperature was much more comfortable.
There were a couple of steps to navigate up to the tables, which were artfully arranged in small booths that provided a sense of separation and space in an otherwise small room. Lighting, artwork, everything was tastefully done in a kind of rustic, eclectic chic, giving the impression of a place that had been there for a long time (hence the name, I suppose).
The food and wine were very good, from appetizers like the french onion soup to the various entrees and specials that we had. Birthday girl said her spicy shrimp was indeed spicy, so consider yourself warned.
The best part, though, might have been the service, which was excellent! Prompt and attentive without being overbearing, friendly and patient with our older guest, and our main waiter shared a touching family story with us, plus, he brought a chocolate mousse and a candle for the birthday girl. (Thumbs up on the mousse.)
All in all, it was a very pleasant evening and did feel like a special occasion.
It wouldn't be the right restaurant for small children, though. They are open nightly 5-9pm. Call (505) 247-3545 for reservations.

2  Thank pseudonym
Reviewed 6 August 2014

were in Albuquerque for only 24 hours, but the staff at the hotel told me Old Town had some nice restaurants. Just happened into this place by chance - very nice appearance, welcoming staff and good service, very good food! Next time in town, this is the place to have dinner.