“Simply Amazing! ”

Ranked #45 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Valle Crucis, North Carolina
“Simply Amazing! ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove Trough Albuquerque during a long road trip from NC.

I am French and moved to the US about 9 years ago and since then have not had a chance to go back home.

When I looked on trip advisor for restaurants, I was of course looking for the traditional Mexican food, after all who would think Albuquerque would hold such a delightful French restaurant.

I went with high hopes, having memorized their menu before even arriving. That being said, I was fully prepared to be disappointed, we were after all in Albuquerque.

Boy was I wrong. The food was heavenly and between that and the setting I almost forgot I was not in Paris anymore.

L'Assiete Paysanne was amazing, the pate, the cheese. The onion soup was amazing. My husband had the special of Steak Au Poivre and having had mine (I too am a chef) he dared say theirs was better. He would not say that lightly! :) I had the spinach crepe which was so light and fluffy.

After all that food, I didn't think we could do desert but when I asked if I could have a crepe with butter and sugar (very typical of us French folks) and she obliged willingly, I could not resist and it did not disappoint.

Service was equally amazing! Our server was extremely knowledgable
Of all dishes and how they were prepared which is so important in the industry and shows a special attention to detail!

Thank you for a wonderful meal and a wonderful evening.

Please don't hesitate to visit this wonderful restaurant. It will not disappoint! And Bon Appetit!

3 Thank StableStabler

Albuquerque
“Charming”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a lovely place to go on a date with one's spouse or somebdoy new. It is hidden away in a little corner so privacy, service, and marvelous flavors are enhanced. I look forward to going to this quaint French restaurant again!

• Visited November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Charming and, thank heaven, different”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This small, cosy, informal restaurant with its own pleasant character offers changing menus of French-influenced standards (eg crepes, onion soup, pommes frites) for lunch and dinners. It is in a lovely tucked-away courtyard in Old Town, just behind the Albuquerque Museum. The food is consistently good if not quite spell-binding. But, I am utterly grateful for reliable French food in green-chile obsessed Albuquerque. My own little secret about Crepe Michel is that it makes a wonderful midday vacation to eat lunch there alone. The only touch of sadness doing that is that I miss seeing Tony Hillerman there doing the same. A great loss, but Crepe Michel reliably continues.
It is good, affordable and mercifully free of cliches. How many places can you say that about?

• Visited November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Service Experience”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had dinner here and both had good meals. It's conveniently located in Downtown. What makes my rating of this restaurant so high is how excellent the customer service was. We had dinner during a huge rain storm and flash flooding, which made for a really unique experience. They customer service and level of care they showed was unparalleled. Often times customer service can be lacking and so I wanted to make sure to sing their praises for excelling in this area and for far exceeding our expectations.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BettysBath
Sorrento, Florida
“Charming, cozy little place”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Based on other reviews, I tried La Crepe Michel for dinner. It's tucked away in a little spot in Old Town, and is very intimate. They seemed a bit understaffed although the restaurant was certainly not full. However, the two people serving were polite, friendly, and efficient. The food was good and the wine list, while not expansive, was nice. A cozy, romantic little place!

• Visited October 2013