“A little out of the Way but NOT to be missed!”
Review of La Crepe Michel

Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are feeling like real French cooking, make sure you indulge your appetite at Le Crepe Michel! Welcoming staff, perfectly prepared food in a not-too-dressed up atmosphere so casual is fine (and welcomed!) Not too pricey for a nice serving of food. I had soup and salad, my companion indulged in a savory crepe. We couldn't decide on dessert so I had a Crepe Helene and my companion had a caramel custard. Of course we shared - each expertly prepared.

It was my companion's 80th birthday celebration and she was delighted that the staff was not only attentive, but brought her caramel dessert with a birthday candle! It made her day.

I have dined here several times and always have a great experience. I like that it's not pretentious, uptight French dining and absolutely as good as food I have experienced in out of the way bistros in either of my trips to Paris, France.

Indoor and outdoor seating (although outdoor is limited to just a couple of tables but perfect for a summer evening). A tree grows up through one of the indoor dining areas in the back (has a greenhouse feel) and the front dining room is a little more formal.

Try it - enjoy it - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank sunflowermary

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been twice at La Crepe Michel in the last several weeks. I have to say that as an Italian abroad I am a bit tired of spicy Southwestern cuisine and that I am very happy that a friend suggested this place.
Food was just excellent, without American adaptations (sorry, this is what I like)! Flavors were like I expected from a real French restaurant. Service super friendly !
Merci!

1  Thank Sandro1205
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We happened upon this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon and decided to give it a try. We both had every intention of getting a dessert, but after seeing some of the meals other patrons were having, I opted for the savory crepe of spinach, artichokes, and goat cheese. It was an excellent choice! My wife got a crepe with ice cream and pears and it was quite tasty, too. Bonus - the service was friendly and attentive. We loved the overall vibe of the tiny restaurant with a tree growing in the middle of the back dining room! This little place was a welcomed respite from the New Mexican restaurants one every corner in Old Town.

1  Thank NativeTexans
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited on Sunday, May 18, 2014 with my husband and 2 other out of town friends. I like this little restaurant. It's tucked away in Old Town, but it exudes a charm that is quite unique. We were seated promptly in a covered solarium-type dining area. Our waiter was nice and we received great service. The food was great as well. The gazpacho soup was really refreshing, the hard cider was tasty, and the crepes were really buttery. We ordered the quiche special, the salmon crepe (comes with a small salad), and the mushroom crepe. All really good. If you are looking for the sweeter crepes, just ask for that menu. I like the different combinations of crepe choices. I understand that the first three ingredients in French cooking are butter, butter, and more butter so keep this in mind.

1  Thank MTpeanut
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

With only 9 tables (6 indoor and 3 on patio) this small, quaint space serves lovely food. I had the salad maison and the salmon in champagne sauce as an entree. Service is professional but not stuffy. Perhaps the best salmon I've ever tasted.