“Watch out for over charges! (And male waiters who touch their hair)”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Ranked #694 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Indian School and Uptown Loop
Transit: For more information check out: http://www.cabq.gov/transit/rapidbus3.html
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My sister and I treated our mother to a girls lunch. When we ordered the waiter attempted to be "super waiter" and not write the order down...big mistake. He ordered 3 drinks from the bar which we didn't order. No apologies were given and finally the water we ordered was finally given to us. During the preperation of the cooking he kept touching hiss hair...gross. After he left, he never checked on our table about refills of our daughter's sodas or our water glasses. When he finally arrived to the table he gathered up his cocking pots and left for about 15 minutes. When he brought the bill we noticed the initial alcohol drinks "love potions" at 9.50 each were still on the check. We informed the waiter and his repsonse was "we're slammed". About 10-15 minutes later he brought the debit cards and found he still charged us for the drinks. We waited till the busser came around to clean our table and asked if he could get the waiter for us. When he did come over he stated again, "we're slammed" (this is making me think he didn't have time for this ). This time his manager arrived to our table and gave us the corrected checks. We asked if we could have copies of the initial refunds she stated the receipts she gave show the refund. What she referred to was the love potion drinks. So we became frustrated with her and decided to leave and ck our bank accounts the next day. WOW.....when I called the bank, the manager or "pony tail" boy ran the card for 71.44, 67.45, and 144.25. The correct price was 67.45. Neither one of the employees told me the charges were ran. (Taking ownership is important in customer service). I called the restaurant after 2pm (the have limited customer service hours) and left a message for the manager. I called later that night and spoke with the manager who I believe made the error. I told her about the charges on my account and her response was to wait 10 to 14 days and if the refund was not there she would speak to my bank on my behalf. (Now wasn't that nice?) I had to practically beg her to speak with the owner about getting a letter for my bank in regards of the error. I had to follow up with her in regards of the letter. She said she really didn't have the time to take care of this since the were slammed...and that's my problem? She faxed the letter to my office and requested I speak to the General Manager and gave me his personal cell number. When I spoke to the gen mgr. he really didn't care again, "we were slammed that day". That seems to be a trend. The GM was very rude and didn't handle the situation correctly. His attitude towards customer service reflects on his employees attitude.

2  Thank Angela M

Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I went for the valentine's day special, advertised at around $65 each but the bill actually came to $90 each with no extras! Our waiter was having a bad day, the chairs were uncomfortabe and atmosphere lacking. We picked the wrong day for our first experience here.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We came on a gift certificate. The process is fun but the quality of the food and the cost is not worth it.

1  Thank jlhawk
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Food was very good as well as the service. I can't get over the price though. If you want a nice meal with good service and don't mind the price -- the Melting Pot is your place...

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to try out this restaurant since it has opened and finally got the chance to go. The service was great, and the food even better. The restaurant is quiet, which I loved. I would definitely go back. Everything there was wonderful.