“You might want to think twice, especially if respiratory/allergy issues”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25
Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel was nice enough. I wish it had an outside pool to lay by, but the hot tub definitely had strong jets.
I asked Esteban (who had quite a flat affect) if the hotel pumped scent into the air, as I smelled a very strong scent (air freshener?) at breakfast, in lobby, elevator, and area around elevator. He said no, someone sprayed air freshener. All I know is I was about ready to have an allergy-induced asthma attack multiple times due to the spray. NOT OKAY.
The room appeared clean, but, as it seems in most hotels, the bathroom floor was not clean (dirty socks & feet as a result). I had asked for a quiet room and was placed next to elevator. When moved rooms, I was placed next to freeway. I didn't think I would hear the freeway much, but I did.
When I checked in, I asked the staff member (more gregarious than day shift) if my reservation had a note about late check-out, at 2-3pm (flight not until 1945). He said yes, no problem. The next day, upon checkout at 2:10pm, Esteban told me he was going to charge me another night for staying past 2pm. I told him no, he wasn't, as if it was going to be a 'problem' (resulting in charge), then I should've been told when I called the hotel when I made reservation, or when I checked in the night before, versus being told it would be no problem!
I have yet to check my monthly credit card statement, but my receipt showed no extra charges, that I am aware of.
Standard Hampton breakfast fare. There's a Twin Peaks in the parking lot, and after I left, I realized there was also a PF Changs (would've enjoyed eating there versus at Mimi's).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LittleFeet1018
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I look at each and every review that comes in and after reading your comments, it looks like we may have fallen short of your expectations. I can only apologize for the air freshener. I can say that we do not have anything "pumped" in to the hotel. Any and all products that we do use are brand standard products and are Eco friendly and are normally not a problem. It appears that perhaps too much was used or the mixture was too strong. I am so sorry. In the future, please let me know when you are coming and I will make sure that your room is not sprayed with anything that could affect your allergies.

We strive for excellence and I am always interested in the guest experience.

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hamptons provide a relatively consistent product and service, with little variations. Most have been updating their breakfast areas. So when a property distinguishes itself, it's worth noting for others. This is a newer location, so the physical property is clean, well kept. The staff is well trained, just the right amount of "friendly". What I really appreciated is the workout room. Most Hamptons give you a small room, limited equipment. This property has the real deal. I asked staff why, and the answer was that the owner is into fitness, and made sure the fitness room was better than minimum specs. Check it out.

Room Tip: All seem fine, although perhaps less highway noise if you face north. I really didn't experienc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank akoosik
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our extra-large fitness center. It was the "crown jewel" in the owner’s opinion. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and both nights we encountered great staff who gave us directions to restaurants and local sights. All the front desk staff and even the cleaning crew were friendly. I felt like they cared about me and my stay. The breakfast tasted good and had a variety of foods. The room was clean and it was quiet inside the hotel. There is some noise from the nearby highway. I would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 246Trips

Thanks for the kind words regarding the team. They are the best in town and I am lucky to have them. They are a true asset to this hotel and are proud of the product. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Ultra clean and friendly. Breakfast is excellent! Rooms are spacious. Very friendly staff! If you are looking for a hotel with excellent amenities, close to great restaurants, movie theater, and shopping, this is the place! Easy on and off the freeway. We will stay here anytime we are in ABQ.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the great part of town we are in. I hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel people are very helpful and friendly. The staff are extremely helpful about the surrounding area sights and activities and local events. It is definitely a hotel that is up to the HH brand. I will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and the great team that I have. I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to New Mexico and stayed at the Hampton on North/I-25 in March, 2014 for 10 days. This is by far, the BEST Hampton we have EVER stayed at; and, we have stayed at many. We are Hilton Members and always look for Hamptons or CIS.

This particular Hampton is brand new and first class everything. The hotel was just recently built and it's fresh/new/exciting and everything you could wish for...even a safe in the hotel room--which is something I have been hoping this brand would incorporate into their rooms for a long time. It's beautifully decorated with a contemporary feel. The facilities are first class...I even liked the guest laundry with an upscale washer/dryer for folks with extended stays like we did. The breakfasts were tasty and typical of Hampton(s)...something I like. They're quick and easy and healthy and you don't waste precious vacation hours waiting to be served. The swimming pool and whirlpool felt wonderful after a day of hiking and sight seeing.

The rooms were beautiful and nicely furnished. We had new accommodations, ample space, and if we needed something, the staff was attentive to our needs. Noise was NOT a problem.

Location: We could not decide whether to stay in the heart of the city or close to the airport for convenience when we left for home. We were originally booked at another hotel closer to the airport; but change our minds and were glad that we did. The hotel is right on I-25 and close to everything. We visited Santa Fe and Taos and it was an easy drive. Everything we could have wished for was located very close by this hotel and many things were within walking distance.

If I have missed mentioning something you're wondering about, just know that Jay (the General Manager) and his staff will take care of everything in a professional manner. Stay here, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: I wanted a safe, so select the suite option.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oracle6115

WOW!!! Words can not express how much I appreciate the kind words you wrote about our hotel and the team. I remember you well and I am so happy that I had a chance to meet you! I hope that others read your review and "MAKE IT HAMPTON" Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely beautiful and I should mention it is clean, immaculate, speckless and spotless. My wife and I stayed in room 121 for three nights. Our room came with a small refrigerator and microwave. In addition we had a 40" Samsung flat screen HDTV. The fitness center has all precor equipment with Samsung flat screen TVs with DirecTV. It also has an indoor pool. The hot breakfast was always kept well supplied and fresh. Each morning they had different a meat selection along with eggs.

At check in we met Ron Dawson Front Office Manager and Angela on the front desk. They were very friendly and helpful with area attractions.

This hotel has raised the bar and should be the Flagship Hotel for Hampton Inns and Suites.

If ever in this area again we will definitely stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that the team showed you true "Hamptonality". We are so poud of the hotel and the team is amazing!! Please come and see us again.