“Great hotel but...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25
Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We thought that the rooms and hotel were gorgeously decorated. The room was fairly clean (I always easily --every hotel--find stray long hairs etc laying about). The bed was amazingly comfortable. The main disappointment was that we were mailed a VIP parking pass for a 4th of July event and it was m.i.a. when we arrived. The front desk staff was polite and professional but she suggested the managers may have put it in the safe and they were all on vacation until Monday. It just added to the stress level of the whole family to have to figure that all out since we were from out of town. Ended up going to the wrong place and doing a lot of walking in the heat. Made a long day of driving even longer. Breakfast area well stocked and cared for by staff in the morning. Easy and cordial checkout. If it weren't for the lost mail, this would've been a perfect stay in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: we faced North so we could see hot air balloons from the window when we woke up
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thanks for you time and review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel with the exception of the missing package. I can say that i personally log anything that comes to the attention of a guest and I can also say that we never received a letter of package for you. It is true that I do keep certain things locked in the safe, however, most mail for guests are held in the back office. Again, I am sorry that you encountered the problem. I hope you will come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Clean rooms, the building still seems fairly new, they had told me they opened at the end of 2013. The rooms seemed a little small, but it was worth the rate price that I got for the room. It's next to a mongolian grill and at least 3-4 other places to eat within walking distance. The location is great and centralized in an area where there are plenty of options for food and there's a large movie complex not to far away from the hotel. The only downsides were the room size and the amount of people coming in and out of the hotel, it seemed to be very busy during the weekend that I had been there. Staff is very nice and accomodating and overall, there really were not that many downsides for this hotel other than the room size. Breakfast was not great if you are looking to eat hot breakfast, then I would suggest one of the local restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sk0jN32

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our location and everything that we Albuquerque has to offer. Sorry to learn that you were not thrilled by the hot breakfast. We strive for excellence and feedback is alway appreciated. Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in ABQ North 1-25. I was totally impressed with every single detail.The Front Office Manager was Ron Dawson and he warmly welcomed us, advised us about places we wanted to visited and checked with us during our stay to make sure everything met our expectations. Being a Travel Destinations lecturer I always read reviews and present them to my students to determine their reactions and solutions to customer complaints..
I am glad to stay that I recommend this hotel whole heartedly. Firstly the deco was simple and welcoming to suit anyone's needs. The breakfast room was spacious with enough seating at all times.Tea and coffee is available 24 hours.
The room was fresh and clean with high quality linen and offered supreme comfort. There was a microwave and bar fridge for our convenience.
This was my first time I used the gym and swimming pool.All were in immaculate condition.
The hotel is about 10 minutes to the airport and close to downtown and attractions. Parking at the hotel was free.There were a few restaurants one could walk to.I highly recommend the Thai restaurant.Other restaurants are 3-5 minutes away.
Apart from Ron Dawson who checked us in, the other managers were very friendly and helpful. Our departure on 27 June was at 5am. The front office manager on duty brought us two bottles of water and two muffins since it was too early for breakfast.This sure came in handy at the airport.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in ABQ and will be staying at Hampton Inns in the future.You guys are true ambassadors for New Mexico.

Sharon Govender

Room Tip: Room was close to elevator- that was convenient especially when checking out with luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Durbanite2014

WOW... Thank you for the great review. I am so haapy to know that you experienced true Hamptonality!! I will share this review with the entire team in our next morning huddle. Thank you again for staying with us and please come back and visit us again!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for a week now and loved our stay here so far. The location is clean and very close to all major attractions. The staff is very helpful if you have any questions. We plan to stay here again if we drive through or come to Albuquerque..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mulder420

Anytime the word AWESOME is used.. I must reply! I am so happy that you liked our hotel and the great team!! Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This property is new and very tastfully decorated, You can walk to many restaurants. The breakfast in the a.m. has many options and was very good. The staff is friendly. We checked in and were in our room in minutes. Brand new comfy bedding. Great option if you are traveling and need to stop off the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Carol V

Thanks for the kind words about our hotel. i hope you will come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The property was up to par and clean. The staff were attentive and did a good job. A little detail needed by housekeeping though. Parking was o.k. and the location was good. The breakfast needs a little help though. Overall a good stay for the weary traveler.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ikeamillion
Jay B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel. I would certainly be interested in hearing about any housekeeping issues you had. They are very detailed and I would like to know if anything was missed. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pretty new hotel with very helpful staff. Rooms are modern with fridge and flat screen TV. The fitness center was surprisingly larger than I usually find and had quite a number of equipment/weight options. Lots of restaurants right next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and the extra large fitness center. We are proud of our new hotel and plan on keeping it looking new for years to come. Come back and see us soon.