“Great lunch in Old Town”

High Noon Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
High Noon Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,802 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$16 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A friend and I stopped for lunch at High Noon upon arriving in Albuquerque. The restaurant is in Old Town and was a wonderful way to start our vacation. The service was very good, and the atmosphere wonderful. We had terrific margaritas and some of the best fish tacos I’ve ever had.

1  Thank cltbtbt

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I were visiting Albuquerque a couple of weeks ago and visited a handmade soap shop when I asked the clerk where was a good place to eat. He recommended two restaurants, one of which was High Noon. Although it was too early for dinner, and too late for lunch, we wanted a snack to hold us over. We ordered a plate of nachos without meat. They were the best either of had ever had and the serving was large enough for us to share and still feel satisfied. I highly recommend High Noon. It's only a couple of blocks off the square and worth every step.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The food was excellent. Our waitress was wonderful. The atmosphere is great. Highly recommend for a nice night out

1  Thank Peggy H
Reviewed 31 July 2014

High Noon looked like a great Old West type of place to have dinner for one of our rare weekends in town. As locals, we like checking out the places in Old Town and other neighborhoods.

The building is historic—at least part of it is, with added on rooms as well. The decor stayed true to the history of the early Old Town building, with a touch of kitsch with photos all over the dining room we were in that were new "Old Tyme" photos —all featuring the same family, probably the owners. Note to owners: that's just low class in a restaurant. Try using real historic photos or local art instead. Don't be so cheap.

The meal: it was okay. That's the best I can say. Two things occurred that bring the rating down that were unbelievably tacky on the part of the waitress. One was, I ordered a ginger ale. When I wanted some more, the waitress popped a can of the soda and brought the can to the table and poured it into my glass. Tacky.

Wait, it gets tackier: Dessert comes, and the menu said it had whipped cream. I get it. There's no whipped cream. I ask, and the waitress, put out that I should ask for what the menu portrayed, went back, got a can of Redi-whip, and came to the table with it and squirted it on my dessert at the table. Sort of, "you want whipped cream? O.k., here's your 'elfin' whipped cream" attitude. Wow!! Bringing a can of Rediwhip to the table and creaming my dessert. What class.

Interesting, but won't be back. Get it together, High Noon. Class it up a bit, and hire some wait staff with more class than that broad. (Unless she's a family member, which it seems likely.)

1  Thank Marielle O
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I like the idea to go to a restaurant that has a history to tell. This is one of those.

The restaurant opened its doors in 74 as a steak house, but the building has been there fro centuries. It is believed to be built starting in 1750. It was a gambling parlor as well as a brothel for long time. Then it became the house of a Spanish furniture maker and after that a residence, until the family that owns the restaurant opened it. The building is built in typical Spanish old rustic architecture. It´s very well preserved. Decoration might be a bit fake with pictures that resembles the American Old west, but which seems to be done in the seventies. In general, the restaurant is filled with history.

Besides that, they serve food and drinks…. Nowadays they offer Mexican style food as well as the steaks. I was there for linch with my family after walking in the historical center. I chose a hot beef dish and it was too hot for me. My family were happy with their dishes. The "tres amigos", nachos with 3 sauces (the house sauce, guacamole and cheese "salsas") for starter was great and conquered the family´s taste.

Service was not bad and not special. All in all a place to try in Old town Albuquerque.

1  Thank JuPereira