“Typical Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Not in the greatest location from a "things to do" perspective, but super convenient to the highways so makes getting around very easy. Every member of the hotel staff was so nice and accommodating.

I love Embassy Suites; I travel a lot and try to stay at one whenever possible. Can't say no to the manager's reception and free breakfast. I like that, although Embassy Suites is a consistent national brand, many of the properties are customized to the locale.

The rooms in this property, by comparison, are a bit tired...but clean.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your review! I happy to hear that our staff is providing great service and our hotel is clean and convenient. We are working hard to improve the condition of the property the best way we are able to at the hotel level.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We love staying here, not only is it always clean, friendly and centrally located but everytime we have stayed here we are able to watch hot air baloons take off from the field behind the hotel. (make sure you get a room facing away from the freeway)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review! We work hard to maintain a clean product and provide outstanding service. Thank you for taking the time to reinforce our efforts!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was there as part of a conference. I believe that due to the size of the conference they had more than usual items at happy hour (fresh veggies; nice!). Breakfast ran smooth and my usual complaints of locals running amuck on the weekends.

As much as I think the carpets are cleaned, it really is time to replace them. They have seen SUCH better days and I believe the "smell" that people talk about is from the carpets. Mine were sticky such that walking barefoot was not comfortable and gross. HVAC in this room worked well so no issues there. Housekeeping was good this time; although, as per usual, if you don't know elementary spanish you might run into problems with certain requests of your housekeeper. This is not unique here and I find it fun and challenging to use my high school spanish! :)

The only hiccup and this is the 2nd time in the last 2 years, after we check out and the bill looks good, we get home, re-check our folio online and it shows as being charged for the water left in the room. First time, it's a mistake. Second time, I suggest the hotel be careful with it's personal practices.

CHECK YOUR POST CHECK OUT BILL

Room Tip: Rooms on non-mountain side are more quiet away from highway and the views can be nice too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your review! I will definitely look into our bottled water protocols, it is definitely not good to have been charged for something you did not consume. Our housekeepers truly appreciate you trying, however, if you ever require it, an associate fluent in Spanish and English is usually available to assist, again, if necessary.

When you return we would love to know which room has the unacceptable carpet so we can begin to address it. We have nifty tools to help with these tasks.

Thank you for taking the time to help us improve!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family came up to ABQ for a UNM football game and the Labor Day weekend. We stayed four nights. The location is great both generally it has easy access to football game park n ride service. Downtown ABQ has come a long, long ways. The hotel has received some recent updates (new bedding, flat screen TVs with HD channels, etc.), but still retains many of its original items and furnishings and is starting to look a little tired. The pool is indoors and big enough for 10-15 kids to play in. The free, made-to-order breakfasts were as good as always. We have stayed at this hotel at least once a year since it opened, and will be back. My experience has been that, when travelling with a family, you cannot beat this place for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am happy you felt there was great value for the price paid. The complimentary cooked to order breakfast is one of my favorite amenities. Though the pool is not gigantic, it can still be enjoyed by families and also features a hot tub!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Although near a busy road, it was not loud inside. I really liked the suite layout, it has the bathroom in the middle of the room and a sleep sofa, so if you were traveling with kids you wouldn't all be in one big room. Food and beer selection at the hotel was good also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! Each of our suites features very similar layout and I am happy to hear it fit your needs well. Perhaps next time you can ask about our premium floor rooms with balconies?

We have a large selection of beer, including drafts, at both of our bars thank you for complimenting our selection and the food as well!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

hotel is very quiet but faucets need upgrading. the bathtub water faucet would no fully shut off. House keeping is poor. Beds and pillows are super soft and uncomfortable if you're used to firm. Great breakfast though.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am so sorry that the pillows and beds did not meet your firmness standards. We do have options available to increase the level of firmness in beds and I am confident we can locate firm pillows. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, we work our hardest to make sure all of our travelers and vacationers start their days out with a hearty cooked-order-breakfast!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I enjoyed every minute of it, the only thing i would say is my room wouldnt cool down it was muggie and when you walked in you smell the muggieness, but over all i enjoyed it, from the complimentary breakfast to the complimentary drinks. The staff was there if we needed them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I am so sorry to hear that your room was muggie throughout your stay our engineering department will be working deligently to improve the AC circulation in guest rooms. If it would not be an inconvience, would you be able to reach out to me to furnish some information to help us locate the room you stayed in to address the issue?

Thank you for taking the time to write and help us improve our product and services.