“I am very dissapointed this time. They really bugged me this time.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chandler, Arizona
“I am very dissapointed this time. They really bugged me this time.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I travel a lot for business. I have attended several conferences at the Embassy Suites in the past few years and found it to be a very nice Hotel. There was a conference schedule here in early April and as this is winter time in the southwest I booked my room early to get the special rate. I was in Farmington NM preparing to head to Albuquerque at 3:30 in the afternoon when I got a call from the Embassy Suites informing me that I no longer had a room as they were overbooked and they had put me up at another hotel. I explained that was not acceptable as I was a vendor at the conference with a lot of equipment. After complaining to the manager he agreed to give me a room. When I arrived...no room. Again I fought with the staff and they finally gave me a room. I was there two nights. On the morning of checkout, while taking a shower I noticed a couple of small bugs on the shower curtain. They were ticks. I captured them in a drinking glass and called management. Hopefully they have taken care of the situation.

2 Thank Dan R
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. The little critters you mentioned in your room were definitely very shocking, however, the hotel has established protocols and requirements when that type of report is made. The room is subject to mandatory inspection and, if necessary, treatment for pests by certified professionals. As far as the check in goes, we explained the situation of being overbooked, listened to your needs and accomodated you, there was no fight or confrontation.

I know that you were not looking for any sort of compensation when we spoke upon your departure, but if you change your mind please send me an email: ronald.mann@jqh.com.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Santa Fe, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Food was great. The entry to the hotel was beautiful and your employees were very helpful. I recommend this to anyone. The price for the federal government was excellent. I think ordinary and retirees should get a special rate.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for writing. The staff truly enjoys hearing of a job well done. Our Federal Goverment rate is not always available, glad you had the opportunity to book it. Typically, that rate is only available to a limited quantity of guests on limited days....if you see it available do not hesitate to book as it will not be there very long.

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We traveled through on road trip from Nevada to Louisiana. This was without a doubt the most relaxing stop we had on the ten day route. The business center and conference rooms were on par with a convention center, and the restaurant and overall décor were on par (but better construction quality) with our usual meeting centers in Las Vegas. I had previously stayed at that location last year, and hoped it had not taken a downturn. (It hasn't). Every aspect of the facility shows a management team that has an eye on details, from cleanliness to amenities to staff. I highly recommend the value if traveling through, as I couldn't find one single deficiency.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. The entire team is working very hard to maintain and improve our products and services. Your comments motive everyone to keep working hard to keep you all very, very satisfied.

Thank you again!

Silver City, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The room was great, the service always great...but the Public Health conference attendees spent until well past 11 p.m. at the bar so loud I could hear them in my room over the TV and nothing was done to quite them.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for writing! It is very disappointing to hear that the noise levels were not controlled by hotel staff. I am sure you reported this to the Manager on Duty as well. A quiet, comfortable guest room is a basic necessity. I apologize that we fell short.

I will be working with the Night Audit team who works after 1030p to ensure we are more cognizant of noise levels from the lobby as well.

Thank you for your compliments and taking the time to provide your feedback!

Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I sleep in hotels 3 nights a week for business. I have stayed in others in ABQ but sicne my preffered was sold out, I opted for staying with the Hilton chain here. I like embassy's in other cities and prefer their breakfast and managers reception to many others. Location is pretty good, easy access to 40 and 25, right off the interstates. Not very much within walking for food or entertainment though. Has the huge atrium in the middle of the hotel, where all the rooms face. Unfortunately the noise carries throughout the whole place when the hotel is set up like this. The managers reception here was great. Drink of the day, snacks.....although they don't refill once it gets close to the end, so get there early if you plan to snack. Bartender was nice and suggested drinks. It is in an open waterfall area, where the noise can be overpowering if you plan to have any type of intimate conversation. I did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel, however I did eat the food for room service. The restaurant is in the middle of the atrium, therefore, in the middle of everything. They have a store at the front where you can buy knick knacks and Starbucks. They are 2 room suites, with living rooms and bedrooms separate. Designed in Southwest decor. Indoor pool, for which you can hear everyhting if its busy. Nice sized fitness center for a hotel with multiple machines. A few opportunities during my stay....the wi-fi sucked in my room. I had to work most evenings in the waterfall area because my connection continued to get terminated in the room. You can hear everything that your neighbors were doing (to be fair, there was a team from a college staying here during my stay and they were in rooms all both sides of me). I could hear everytime they talked and everytime the door opened and shut. In addition to this, you could hear people walking to and from their rooms on all the floors as well as in the restaurant. I ordered off the menu in my room for room service and I received a call back telling me that what I ordered was no longer on the menu (Lobster mac and cheese). The server proceeded to tell me that the person that took my order was new and didn't know the menu, I had an old menu in my room, and they no longer carried the ingredients to make what I requested. At this point, I was really set on what I had ordered and was super disappointed. The server offered to bring me another menu but I asked about another dish and she said they could do that. She said that she would bring the new menu up to the room but I never saw it. The old one continued to stay in my room the duration of the stay. The food was good. One other thing that happened while I was there was the fire alarm went off. I was down at the waterfall working so I got the full brunt of the alarms and the flashes. Employees went running in all different directions, I assumed managers were trying to locate the source. No one got up and no one made a move for the door. A group gathered in the front, I think people coming to check in. The biggest issue I had with all of this was that the manager comes over the loudspeaker and proceeds to tell everyone that it was a false alarm. I could not hear a thing, the loudspeaker was all jumbled and scratchy. I ended up asking someone else nearby that had gotten their info from an employee.
Overall, I would try this hotel again. But not unless prompted to by an oversold preffered hotel first.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your review. It sounds like we have a little work to do in room service to ensure all menus are accurate in each suite and ensure follow up when a statement like "we will have a correct menu sent up" is made. Our Open Atrium is a staple of our Managment company and Embassy Suites Hotels. The open atrium elimates dark, narrow, awkward hallways down far corridors in big box hotels, but, an added con is the noise.

It seems like the team could have been more clear when announcing details of the alarm. We do not announce "False Alarm" rather the scripting is that the situation was not an emergency situation. Without the loudspeaker there is no way to communicate to every single individual in the hotel about an emergency. Had evacuation been necessary, the group of managers you saw gather at the front would have made that information very clear.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review!

Farmington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Embassy suites is by far one of the most lovely Hotels I have ever stayed. They seriously put their customers first and thought about our comfort. I loved how we had free drink and snacks in the evening, the pool and spa was amazing and the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Shundean B
Thank you for your review. I am very happy you were able to take advantage of the free drinks and breakfast, our two most popular amenities. The indoor heated pool and hot tub are utilized often. Adult swim for 18+ is a luxury for our older guests after 10pm. The staff will enjoy reading your comments.

Chinle, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I love the space provided. I get to work and relax at the same time. I really appreciate that the room and living areas are separate, this allowed me to work in the living room, while my kids were asleep in the bedroom. I didn't wake them up.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. Our spacious to room suites are ideal for the business traveler as they are equipped with a desk and workspace to accomplish all your tasks. Sounds like your entire family was able to enjoy the extra space. Hopefully you enjoyed breakfast and other amenites the hotel had to offer.