Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Embassy Suites has always been a good experience for our family -- hot breakfast (not just a buffet but omelets, waffles, etc) is always good, plus the happy hour is something we always appreciate! We enjoyed this location, as well!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your review, and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us from our complimentary full cooked to order breakfast to our evening reception, which includes complimentary cocktails, beer, wine, light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages from 5:30pm to 7:30pm each evening. We look forward to seeing you again.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel over a weekend while I was in town to teach a class. Everyone was friendly, efficient and welcoming from the front desk staff, the bell boys, the restaurant staff and the manager's reception employees.
My room was ready when I arrived, was as requested in my profile away from the elevator in a quite corner of the hallway (room 820). It was clean and all features were in working order.
I had one morning of cooked to order breakfast which was really good, I attended one night of the managers reception. They provide paper type wristbrands for you to have for each nights reception and you must have this with you for the free drinks daily.
I ordered a sandwich one night from the restaurant and it arrived hot and made as requested.
I worked with the banquet staff for the meeting room and catered lunch - all went smoothly and everyone was accomodating and made sure everything was set up as requested.
It was a convenient location for downtown, old towne, the highway from the airport and the highway to go to Sante Fe - I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 19 and 20 rooms are at the end of the hallway with less noise from the elevator and foot traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your review, and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us from checking in and encountering a welcoming staff at the front desk, to enjoying a nice comfortable room and a wonderful breakfast, and ending with your meeting and catered lunch. We have 30,000sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, and our full cooked to order complimentary breakfast is from 6am to 9am on Monday through Friday, and Saturday and Sundays are 7am to 1030am. We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is nice, like most Embassy Suites. The Hilton website advertises a premium suite with access to a premium lounge, fresh fruit and drinks and snacks - for an extra fee of course. The room was a nice, but average Embassy Suites room. The premium lounge did not exist, nor did the fresh fruit. The complimentary snacks and drinks was a cheesy adapted vending machine with water, coke, diet coke and orange juice - snacks were the same high fat, high calorie snacks you find in any vending machine. Disappointed! I would stay here again, but would not spend the extra money on the "premium" suite.

Room Tip: don't waste your money on the premium floors - you will be disappointed!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry the service was disappointing for you. Typically our premium floor suites (not a separate premium floor "lounge") are $20 added to your rate during the week and $40 for the weekend. In addition to the snacks you mentioned our premium floor suites also include beverages, upgraded bathroom products, complimentary internet, Keurig coffee station, balcony, and an ihome docking station. If any guest still feels that are amenities are not sufficient for the price, we ask that you report it to the front desk as we are committed to making it right.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed for 2 nights back in June and has a wonderful stay! The kids loved the heated pool and the buffet breakfast. The two ladies that were making the omelets did an amazing job!! The staff was friendly and our room was a great size. My kids were upset to leave so we will definitely be back next year !!

Room Tip: Ask for an east view , the Sandia Mountains are beautiful to see esp at sunrise!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for writing. I am very happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy the hotel. The breakfast cooks truly are talented! In addition to a wonderful sunrise over the Sandia's, the Embassy Suites Albuquerque also has city view rooms offering outstanding views of the exquisite Albuquerque sunset.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was a good hotel--nothing exceptionally good or bad either, just a standard Embassy Suites Hotel. The room was nice and clean--the tubs were small if you are a bath person. No outdoor pool for the sunworshippers--only a small indoor pool. The evening hospitality hour food was sparce and definately not up to par--perhaps being a weekend was the reason, as this seems to be a hotel that caters to business travelers and meetings Monday--Fridays. Had to leave early so did not get to sample the free breakfast, but looked like a normal Embassy Suites set up. Check in assistance at the desk and advice for restaurants was good.

Good location--convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry we were not able to wow you as that is our goal. The Embassy Suites Albuquerque, like all Embassy Suites, features spacious two room suites, free drinks and breakfast and an open atrium. Each guest should experience the same amenities each day regardless if they are a weekend traveler or not. I will share with the appropriate managment team that our Evening Reception food was reported sub par during your weekend visit. We cannot improve with this valuable feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

So, I liked this place more than my wife. But there were certainly some issues with this hotel. So, quick down and dirty:

1. Clean
2. Friendly
3. Good location
4. THIN walls
5. Effective security (due to thin walls)
6. Fair to midland food

I say its a decent place to stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary G
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your concise review. It is good to hear the staff hit their marks with a clean and friendly environment. If you ever feel we can improve in any specific way, our ears are always open.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a current guest in this hotel.
Let me start by saying it has been a less than pleasurable experience. To put it plainly it has been down right bad.

We came to Albuquerque to celebrate the Fourth of July with her family of five. I have a toddler a five-year-old and a six-year-old so the Embassy suites is usually a wonderful place for us to stay. We enjoy the fact that there is a bar inside the hotel so that we can have an adult beverage, enjoy the pool and when it's bed time for the little ones, the hubby and I get out own space to relax.

On our current visit check in was easy and fast however things went downhill immediately after that.

We were checked into a room which was a corner suite (a little more expensive than the others), to find broken glass on the floor, and a perfume stench from the last guest. Luckily, the glass was spotted before my toddler found it.

We were promptly moved to another room a floor lower. The room was acceptable, mostly clean, though some sort of dirt was on our king beds duvet. We requested room that faced downtown so that my young children could watch the fireworks from their window before bedtime. Unfortunately our room faces the freeway and not downtown. Big disappointment for everyone.

A porta crib was brought up for
my 18-month-old to sleep in. It
literally had a holes and stains all over it! We normally travel
with her own pack and play but forgot it on this trip. I really wish
we had remembered. I called
down to the front desk and requested a new pack and play which came in slightly better condition no holes but still stained. The crib sheet that was provided by the hotel was also filthy! I don't know about you but I'm very picky about where my baby sleeps and germs from weird places!!! I put Fresh linen from our home in the crib and tried to cover the stains with blankets. Nasty.

Upon making down the queen sleeper sofa for my two little girls, I discovered there were no sheets on the bed. Yet another
call to the front desk and I received extra pillows sheets and blankets. The sheets and
pillows were fine but the blanket was wrought with holes. By this
point I was too frustrated to call and ask for anything else. So
we made our way down to the pool to have some family swim time.

The pool was disgusting. We
have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and never experienced a dirty swim area.
There was mold on the floor next to the hot tub and on the ends of the pool and in the grout. There were used Band-
Aids stuck to the pool deck, hair trapped in all the drains, the hot
tub was literally green, and
there was some sort of growth on the bottom of the pool and hot tub. My husband had taken the kids to the pool and I joined them shortly after. Upon arriving
I forced my children out of the water and back up to the room.

I promptly informed management of all of the disappointing things that had occurred since we arrived. The
manager was very sweet and sent up two free movies for my children a free appetizer and two free children's meals at the hotel restaurant. Though this gesture was very kind it is still
lacking. My husband and I are
both very busy and scheduled what we thought would be a very special time with our children and a hotel that we have always enjoyed.

Unfortunately on this trip we have been sorely disappointed and will be looking for a new place to stay when we come to visit Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JessThomas2

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am terribly sorry that after your arrival things seemed to go downhill. The cleanliness issues with your suites, cribs and pool are very shocking and disappointing. I am happy that the staff seemed to respond well and were courteous, though we certainly could and should have done more given the amount of issues you experienced. I am happy to discuss a more tangible resolution if you are interested. My email address is ronald.mann@jqh.com.

I will surely share your comments with the appropriate managers to ensure we improve.