Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2010

beautiful hotel - wonderful service - well managed. What more can I say

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 4 July 2010

After reading some of the reviews, I'm wondering if we just got lucky... We had originally booked a Hampton Inn as we had planned on spending the night in Colorado Springs in route to Albuquerque from Rapid City, SD. However, we decided to drive on through and were not able to get the Hampton for a 3rd night. As a result, Hilton booked us at the Embassy Suites (June 29-July 2, 2010).

The staff was very friendly, and our room was clean and spacious. We did have the breakfast buffet each morning which was merely adequate. We didn't want to wait for a specially made omelet; so, we made do with the buffet. One of the mornings, there was hardly anywhere to sit, and no one was cleaning tables. However, this was not an issue the previous mornings. I was assuming it was due the day being a Friday before a holiday weekend. The business center was also very convenient as I was having to check back with work for a couple of the mornings. Although there was no issue during our stay, the only thing that popped into my mind was the security at the entrances to the convention center as they are not monitored after hours and remain open until 10:00 p.m.

All in all, we had a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We live in ABQ but stayed at the hotel to make it easier to attend the wedding held there. Our party ranged from toddlers to seniors. Because there were so many room reservations there were inevitably a few snags, but every one was resolved to the satisfation of the guest. There was never a wait for check in. The hotel is very nice. The breakfast & managers reception were very good, although only chips & salsa were offered gratis. Any minor (we had no major problems) problem was corrected within minutes. Tabitha, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for the wedding. The food was good & the servers were unobtrusive & very cooperative. The only glaring failure is the horrible garish carpet in the room used for the wedding/meal/dance. I suppose it has to be that way to keep people attending a meeting there awake. The atrium is lovely. A few quibbles: luggage carts are locked up so they are hard to get, even as a smoker, their smoking room smelled really bad. If your room key-card is next to your cell phone when you get a call or text, it uncodes your key & you have to get it re-coded at the front desk. There were no kitchen utensils at all, not much of a kitchen and the water was $4 a bottle. Oh, our room was too hot and the bed too soft,

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I recently made reservations at this hotel and was turned away the day of my arrival. I was told that they would have to move me to a diiferent, but comparable hotel. The hotel that they considered comparable didn't have a fridge or microwave in the room, no managers reception, no spa and the elevators were slow and dirty. The "comparable" room did however come fully equipped with MOTHS. The first couple nights I spent only had one moth. It hung out on the ceiling so I let it go. The last night though there were about ten.....I ended up switching rooms. The Embassy Suites overbooked the rooms and I had to suffer, eventhough I made the reservations months in advance. I was really looking forward to staying. I love the Embassy Suites brand since they have everything you could possably want and more. I am now very disapointed with them and it will take quite some time before I can put my trust in them.

Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank HGIemployee
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We paid $209 per night to stay in this place, only because Hotel Andaluz was booked. Embassy was the next choice because it was where the conference we attended was held. Everything in the place was cheap--from the shower head that sporadically shot water at you to the towels to the bottled water that tasted bad to the sloped bed. For the price, Embassy thinks very highly of itself--it's a terrible value.

I will say that their fitness facility was good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The Embassy Suites is apparently a fairly new hotel, about 2 or 3 years old. It is lovely to look at and the lobby is one of the nicest I've seen at an Embassy Suites. The hotel appeared to be quite clean - from top to bottom. My problems became apparent as I tried to use the Fitness Center, the business center, and my hair dryer. I am someone who must use a Fitness Center so it is an important feature for me when booking a hotel. I arrived to find 2 old treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, and a bike. One of the treadmills had a sign on it saying it was partially broken. However, I could not get it to work at all. One of the elliptical machines wouldn't work at all, either. The other machines were being used by guests so I was out of luck. I requested assistance in the Fitness Center but after waiting several minutes, I finally gave up. This is too large of a hotel for such a shabby, small fitness room. The treadmills were cheap and AWFUL! The low quality was apparent from the moment I stepped on. The computer in the business center was very slow. It also froze up and could not be re-booted. I finally gave up and left. On the morning I left, I washed my hair only to discover that the hair dryer did not work. I tried everything - re-plugging, "test" button, "re-set" button. Nothing worked. I checked out and told the front desk staff about the problem but received not so much as an apology. I was simply told they would make a note of the problem. I left on a chilly morning and attending my meeting with wet hair. Needless to say, I did not leave the hotel with a favorable impression. On the plus side - the bed was comfy and the location was convenient to downtown although not much in the way of restaurants, etc. in the immediate area surrounding the property. The breakfast was OK but the woman who cooked the omelets to order was fantastic. She was very cheerful and accomodating - the only bright spot to an otherwise dreary stay. Although this is a lovely hotel in appearance, I would skip it next time in favor of a hotel with a few good cardio machines in the fitness center.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank lisajanetx
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Hotel is very nice. We had a corner King Suite and it was roomy and nice and clean. We were on the second floor and the veiw was awful of the roof and freeway. So do not ask for second floor corner King Suite. Breakfast was great chef for cooked to order was always pleasant and made breakfast a wonerful experience when trying to please young children. Only complaint is that we did not receive the USA today in the morning and when we asked the front desk we were told each day that we would recieve it the next day. Great location and access to highway 25. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family