“very pet friendly”

Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Portales, New Mexico
“very pet friendly”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I always stay at the LaQuinta Midtown when in Albuquerque. I travel with my dog and they have the best dog-walking area and are always welcoming to my dog. The rooms are nice and if you forget something they always help.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Julie A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your review. It's important to have an area where your pets can stretch their legs, fetch a ball, or just lie in the shade and enjoy being outdoors. It provides them that homey feel. Plus, may of our guests meet each other through their pets while they play in the courtyard. It's great to watch new acquantances develop through the love of their pets. We enjoy providing them that opportunity. We hope you continue to stay here on your next visit to Albuquerque.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent one night here on our way home. The Inn was very large. The beds were excellent. We had stayed here in years past so we were happy it was still here and had a room available. It is very convenient because it is close to the highways, both Hwy 40 and Hwy 25. The staff was great and helpful, and breakfast was included. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carlene K
Thank you for your review. I was glad to hear your stay was once again a memorable experience for you. We always work hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and settled in. It's what keeps them coming back to their "home away from home." We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Coronado, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is a jewel in the La Quinta crown of hotels nationwide. We have stayed at many hotels in this mid priced chain and this was easily one of the best of them. Free internet that WORKS, a good breakfast (included) and a friendly, helpful staff made our stay outstanding.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank prevere
Thank you so much for your great review! I always love reading about the great stay our guests have here. It assures us that they will come back the next time they are in Albuquerque. Thank you for being a loyal La Quinta customer. We hope we get to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed a few nights with my son...a big mistake. I've stayed at so many hotels while visiting Alburqueque and this was the worst. The room smelled, the furniture was so outdated, the staff said all the right things and then did not follow through. The food was bad.

I left my iPhone cord and called immediately. I was told that the cord was there and would be sent to me...it never came. I called repeatedly, and was told the manager wasn't around, that it had been sent to me, that I would be called back...nothing!

I'm frequently in Alburqueque and feel like going and complaint to the front desk...but then would I be lied to again?

Such a bad bad experience. Don't ever go there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Shianri
I am very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay in Albuquerque, but our records do not show that you ever stayed with us here at La Quinta Midtown. We are a completely renovated hotel, therefore, our furnishings are not old and we have no record of anyone reporting a lot cell phone charger like the one you described. I believe you may have us confused with another hotel property. I would, however, like to invite you to stay with us on your next visit to Albuquerque. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We use LaQuinta motels when we cross the country twice each year. They are a moderately priced stay with rooms that are clean and appointed well. Also the fact that they welcome our little dog weighs into our decision.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for being a loyal La Quinta customer. I was happy to hear that you had chosen our hotel here in Albuquerque as one of your cross country destinations. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrived at this La Quinta late around midnight from a very long day on the road. As I was checking in there was a police officer in the lobby talking with the night shift front desk gentleman. The conversation was about the shooting/murder down the street. Not something you want to hear when your checking in to a hotel. The hotel is old, scuff marks on walls, dirty luggage carts, old dirty elevator. The room didn't look bad. It was partially updated. One of the beds the mattress and cover was completly soaked in urine! That is highly unsanitary and unacceptable! We advised the gentleman at the front desk and left.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 1EyeWally
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience here. I was notified of your concern the following day. We checked the guest records and there were two businessmen who had checked out of that room on the day of your arrival. When housekeeping checked the linens, they advised it did not appear to be urine, but more like someone had spilled a large amount of liquid on top of the bed, which soaked through the duvet and sheets. We thank you for bringing it to our attention so we could tend to it immediately. We hope you will come and see us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Always stay at La Quinta's when traveling with our dog. Have stayed at this one before but was reminded how much I like it. They couldn't be nicer at check in, room is very nice, great places to walk your dog and a unique walled courtyard area with grass for you and your pet. I would highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We always look forward to seeing familiar faces walk through our door. We are happy to hear we lived up to our reputation, and your expectations! Have a wonderful day and we'll see you again soon!