“Good soup and prime rib.”

The Cooperage Rest.
Ranked #852 of 1,790 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Cooperage is a good choice if you're looking for a basic steak dinner. My recommendation is to get the prime rib. It comes with a visit to the soup and salad bar. Soup is pretty good, and so is the prime rib. Bread is terrible, though. Also, like the decor.

There are newer reviews for The Cooperage Rest.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really reasonable prices for the quality of selections. We went for dinner and had the Prime Rib and Alaskan King crab which we split. The salad bar comes with the meal and it had multiple delicious choices. The price for menu items was really reasonable considering the quality of the servings.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wife and I went to The Cooperage for a rare Saturday night evening outing. Had reservations and were seated right away. That was the best part of the evening. Sat at the table for a good ten minutes waiting.... and waiting.... Despite the fact that there was a couple right next to us where a waitress frequently often, we were never acknowledged in any way. When I watched two other couples get seated and waited on right away, I walked up to the front and asked if there was a waitress working our table. The hostess fussed a little, had me show her where we were seated, then stormed off. Another few minutes went by and lo and behold, the waitress who was working the table right next to ours came over and asked if we were being helped, as if we had just sat down and she hadn't walked passed us a good dozen times in the last fifteen minutes. The salad bar is very nice and well maintained. I ordered the prime rib and although it was cooked well and tasted good, there was a large amount of fat in it and it was only luke warm when placed on the table. The loaded potato wasn't very loaded and I had to supplement the toppings with stuff from the salad bar. When we were finished eating, we sat around for a while. All the people who were seating near us had left by then I guess the waitress decided that she didn't need to come by anymore. A manager came by on his rounds and asked how everything was. I told him about the initial wait and as I was talking to him, the waitress came running around the corner so fast to get to our table, she nearly fell. The manager told us that he was sorry about the delays, though he seemed to be a bit sarcastic about the whole thing. He didn't offer any discounts or anything and the waitress ignored us again after he left. It had been a good seven years since I had been here before and it looks as if it will be at least that long before I go back, which is too bad because Albuquerque is really lacking good steakhouses,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The restaurant has been around a lot longer than I've lived in Albuquerque, more than 5 years. It's an '80s kind of steakhouse in décor, but it has a great salad bar. I have been there several times and have never had a bad steak. I eat my steaks medium-rare and have never had to send one back because it wasn't cooked properly. When I want a steak dinner I go to The Cooperage.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had an opportunity to visit this restaurant twice in one week with 10 and 12 people. It is very close to the Expo Grounds. We were there for Youth National Arabian Horse Show. The Cooperage was very efficient and fun. We were all dressed very casual from the horse barns. Service was excellent. Alaska Salmon on the dinner menu was overcooked. All meat orders were fixed perfectly, from rare to medium well done. Salad bar was very nice and very fresh. Soups were a little overdone from sitting all day?