“Not what it used to be...”
Review of India Palace - CLOSED

India Palace
Price range: US$9 - US$9
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The westside India Palace on Alameda Blvd used to be a good place for Indian Punjabi food. However, the owner recently sold the place and now it's called Saffron Tiger. First impressions: the interior of the restaurant has been refurbished and looks wonderful. A good idea was to camouflage the buffet serving area using decorative wood. Tables used to be cluttered together but now you have more privacy (ie. less noise from nearby patrons). All in all, the look of the restaurant is pleasing and upscale.
Regretfully, the quality of the Indian food has suffered at this India Palace! My wife and I ordered one takeout tray of butter chicken and saag paneer. The chicken had a foul smell to it--like the meat was going bad; the paneer was very sour and dried-out. It was so bad that we threw our meal away. Even the naan wasn't cooked properly. As Indian Americans, we can tolerate poor service at Indian restaurants but there's simply NO EXCUSE for lousy food. We were greatly disappointed and will not eat here again.

1  Thank Inn_Keeper_NM

Reviewed 17 April 2011

My wife and I have been eating here for years until tonight. Whoever they hired to take their call-in orders is rude and very strange. I had a bad enough experience that I never want to go back. Be prepared for rude waiters at this place.

1  Thank Joshalot
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We had a feeling when we stopped in for lunch on a Monday that the food would be good. The place was packed! Although I don't generally li.ke lunch buffets, I thought this one was very tasty. Even the naan had just a great flavor and texture to it. And the sauces were terrific. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 25 March 2010

This is easily my favorite restaurant in Albuquerque. Whether you get the perfectly prepared Saag Paneer, or the awesomely spicy Chicken Tikka Masala, you will never be disappointed.

The service is fantastic, the menu is full of delicious options, and the warmly-lit dinning room offers a calm and relaxing atmosphere.

AND they have an AMAZING lunch buffet! I can't say enough good things about India Palace!

Reviewed 27 December 2009

This restauant is not operated by the original owner who prepares the meals at the westside location. The food is closely duplicated but the service is not as good as it was when it was under previous ownership. I would make the trip to the westside location for a meal because the service and the food there are both done with a higher sense of service to the customers. This location on Wyoming was my favorite for several years but not anymore. Next time your on the west side near Alameda and Coors bypass try the best India Palace in town! I have 5 stars for that location as compared to 4 for this one.