“Very comfortable, even for a single diner.”
Review of Mimmos

Mimmos
Ranked #207 of 1,770 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Henderson, Nevada
“Very comfortable, even for a single diner.”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My visit here came from a recommendation from the front desk clerk of the nearby Hampton Inn. I drove about 3 miles to it, but worth it. I was greeted and quickly seated. It was a bit early by dinner standards, but no complaints. Being a solo traveler and just finished a 600 mile drive, I was tired and hungry for something on the light side. My servers were fairly young males, but they seemed to know their stuff and had good table-side manners. They were a pleasure. My interest in having a less than heavy meal was accommodated when my server suggested a child’s portion of my main menu interest. I chuckled at his suggestion, but he was right on the money. The serving size was perfect and I enjoyed the full flavor of the dish without feeling like I over did it. If I wasn’t so tired from my driving, I may have tried a glass of their house wine offering, but I was fine without. I even took a moment on my way out to compliment the owner/manager on his restaurant and my servers, they deserved it. Definitely worth another visit on a return trip. It was also a very economical meal.

• Visited November 2011

Estes Park
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hampton inn recommended this Restaurant to us. It was busy but the service was very good and friendly and the egplant excellent.

• Visited April 2012
“Simply the Best Italian Food”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We tried Mimmo's once a few months back, based on online reviews. We were NOT disappointed. Now we go nearly every chance we get to eat a reasonably "nice" sit-down meal.

I started with a creamy pesto ravioli that was outstanding. The soup of the day was clam chowder, which I was only expecting to be "OK" since it wasn't an Italian dish per se... it was truly something glorious. Then came dessert, & the tiramisu was packed with the kind of flavor that only fresh, never-frozen ingredients can bring.

On our most recent visit I had chicken parmigiana, which was pounded paper-thin, resulting in an extra-crispy coating outside & super-moist breast inside. My wife had chicken marsala, & all she can remember about it was eating it up so fast she nearly made herself sick. We both tried the cream of mushroom soup, hoping it would compare to the chowder... it more than compared, & actually surpassed it. My wife says "it was to die for."

I can't be as descriptive about the service, but it was as excellent as the meal, for sure. The atmosphere is rather understated, but with all your attention focused on the prompt service & scrumptious food, it doesn't need to be anything fancy.

1 Thank Flowbug
Albuquerque NM
“Solid Italian Fare”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Nothing fancy here. Just good Italian food. The standards are availible, solidly presented. Humble surroundings off of Coors.

Rochester, NY
“Very good Italian food”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This neighborhood favorite is nothing fancy but is comfortable, and the food is good. The large salad bar with extras (pasta, pizza) made for a perfectly satisfactory dinner for some of our group, and the eggplant parmigiana was a hit with others. Service was prompt and attentive and the food very good. Recommended.

• Visited February 2012