“My first stop for authentic jewelry in Albuquerque”

Bien Mur Indian Market Center
Ranked #74 of 227 things to do in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have shopped at Bein Mur several times over many years on visits to my brother in Albuquerque. This was his recommendation to me and I pass it on to others. I have always found lovely pieces here. I particularly purchase turquoise jewelry, though there is a wide range of other crafts, especially pottery, on offer. I didn't consider the prices 'expensive', as other reviewers have mentioned. The 'retail' prices are what I expected for the level of quality of the materials and craftsmanship. There is something available for all price levels, but you won't find 'cheap'. I have bought lovely items at very reasonable prices and seen other works that would be considered 'art objects' priced much higher than I could afford. In all cases, I have felt that my choices were made from quality items. The staff are very knowledgeable about the makers and will provide information on request. The 'retail' price on each piece may not be what you pay, depending on circumstances on the day. I was fortunate to be there on a 'slow day' and received 30% off all my purchases which was very welcome. But I still think the 'retail' prices were a fair estimate of value. Highly recommended.

4  Thank pdmil
"merchandise"
"tramway"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a beautiful location with a well organized vast inventory of NA items. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and the items were EXPENSIVE.

I was grateful to a salesperson helping me look at items for what she could lend in terms of history/value to the jewelry items I already own. Thank you!

It is difficult to sort through all of the NA products in the Albuquerque area that are for sale and perhaps statewide on a larger basis. You must either find the item that calls your name and be willing to pay the price; OR find another method that works for you. If the item is in a store, you know there is a sizeable markup. We were in New Mexico for almost 2 weeks and frequented many, many stores that we're selling Native American items. Why is it that whenever you walk in the door, the shop owner greets you and then says, "everything's 30, 50, or 70% off?" this drove me crazy wondering what the real pricing was. In the end, we found avenues to purchase directly from the artists themselves, cutting out the middleman and overhead.

This is a beautiful store. This store has a large inventory of Native American items. Those items are expensive.

The store is accessible, there is free parking, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

2  Thank Oracle6115
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I might have rated this higher. It is not that it is bad; it's just not as good as it could have been. The lower floor is dedicated mostly to jewelry, very expensive ornaments, books, and kachinas. Upstairs are pendleton blankets which can be bought just about everywhere, some uninteresting dolls, dream catchers. Nothing really caught my interest. The Zuni stores are so superior that they blow this out of the park.

2  Thank yearbook1
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I bought a couple of pieces of pottery. The prices are very expensive but not any different than other places that sell authentic pottery.
I bought 2 small pots , I wish I could have afforded more. Some pottery is over $1,000, but don't let that stop you from stopping. It is a nice place to look around . The Jewelry was beautiful. I didn't price it , so not sure on price.