“A Feast for your Eyes”

Forrest City, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Feast for your Eyes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Walking into the store, your eyes going into overload. There is so much to see. The store is very attractive. The prices are awesome. They have pottery, t-shirts, kachinas, jewelry and more. The staff is very helpful. If you are in Albuquerque, Skip Maisel's is place you really need to visit.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Susan W

Kingsville, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I liked the variety of items they had in the store. I bought a couple of dream catchers and a t-shirt for less than $30. I would have bought jewelry, based on the reviews here. Unfortunately none of the employees were as friendly as I'd read. Maybe it's because I'm young but I would have loved to take a piece home.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Alejandra G
Moweaqua, IL
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great place to stop and shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a tour company I can say this was one of the best places, if not the best, I took my group to on this 13 day Route 66 journey. Skip, his wife and staff were very welcoming to the group. I trusted him so much upon arrival that I left a piece of my own turquoise jewelry with him for repair to be sent home.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank TimisTours
Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Spoiled for choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The selection of pottery, jewelry and other native American was amazing. The staff took her time and explained
The meaning of different symbols and the stones. If this store does not carry it you don't need it. Pretty good prices.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank EEyoree
Minneapolis, Minnesota
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Do this!!! Don't miss this!!! Go here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

During our 9 day stay in Albuquerque, we visited many, many places that had Native American Jewelry and artifacts for sale. So, I believe I can offer a comparison for you. I found Skip Maisel's to be the number ONE place to purchase those treasures you want to bring home with you. When you walk in the store, you are simply amazed at the vast inventory of items available for your perusal. In fact, it might just be too much except for the fact that the staff is extremely helpful and can help you narrow down your search until you find exactly the items you want to purchase.

I like choices and a wide variety; but initially I was overwhelmed. I love all of the Native American jewelry so much that I didn't know where to start. So, I found a helpful staff person and started asking questions regarding which items were made by which tribe members. I already own several Native American pieces, so the conversation with the staff member help me to decide to fill in the missing pieces in my current jewelry collection. I looked at many pieces, continued to ask question after question. By the time I had made my decision, I had also just had a nice lesson in Native American history and silversmithing or jewelry making.

Good to know: