Route 66 Hostel
Hotel Parq Central(Albuquerque)
US$187
US$163
Official Website
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$93
US$88
US$62
US$59
Days Inn & Suites Airport Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$70
US$86
US$82
Quality Inn & Suites(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
All reviewstrain stationbudget hosteli stayed in a private roomshared bathrooman ideal locationminute walksmall kitchensanta feballoon fiestaunrenovatedprosuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2008

I came in late into town and needed a place for one night while I dropped my daughter off at college. What a mistake. I usually stay in low end places, but the hostel was beyond anything I have ever experienced. I had been camping (and wished I had that night too) so I just wanted a good nights sleep.
The bed was so disgusting, no heat in room (February), I used a sleeping bag to cover the blankets because they did not look clean. Room smelled like someone had peed in it, and the floor was coated with really gross who knows what. I wore shoes on the floor at all times. The place has no insulation, so be prepared to hear EVERYTHING going on upstairs and down.
Bathroom had brown gunk over everything from not being cleaned ever. Needless to say, I left very early the next morning without showering. I needed fresh air and heat. Go somewhere else, if you're smart!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank vfm78
Reviewed 21 November 2008

Arrived at the hostel around 9.pm having phoned atound a half hour before to check availablilty. Directions to the hostel were poor and even when I phoned for more detailed info, the woman who answered was vague.
Once we arrived we asked to look at a room. We were blankly told 'no, you can;t look.' We were shocked to say the least and asked why not. The woman on duty just simply said that we couldn't look. We declined the room, having encountered many motels and hostels that were simply unacceptable. I asked for whom she worked, but she refused to tell me. I found her rude and completely indifferent.
Thye place looked dirty and uncared for and I wondered what it was she was hiding . No way would I stay anywhere without either a recommendation or by looking at the room.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I really liked the hostel. I enjoy meeting other travelers, and also having the kitchen available for cooking. The place was clean and the staff were friendly. I liked the location close to downtown and old town (walking distance). I may actually take a train in next time, and it is only about 10 blocks from the train and bus stations.

I see that some people leaving reviews wanted the Hyatt for twenty bucks a night, but let’s face it, that isn’t going to happen. This is a good value, and it is clean. If you don’t require room service this is worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank mike50401
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Just a 5 block walk to downtown, this centrally-located hostel seemed to promise much. Justin was great and so helpful-he recommended a terrific little diner for lunch, and gave me a great tour of the place. It is a hostel, so there are mandatory chores, no TVs/phones/bathrooms in private rooms/dorms.

Pluses--Unbeatable location, cheap dorms, no curfew, Justin.

I had a privatre room. Like a lot of hostels, it could use some plain-old TLC. The 5 mismatched curtains/drapes/window sheets in my room were stapled to the wall, the in-room closet that formerly served as a kitchen still dripped nasty brown water into its stained sink, the plastic cover on my matress crinkled and squeaked, tons of hair/pubes all over the blankets, dirty, scummy floors and the porch/yard was nasty.

Minuses--Nasty shared bathrooms, gross bedding, clanging radiators and the narrow, dangerous stairwell, kitchen is gross.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 January 2008

This hostel is located only a short walk from the center of downtown and only short (and inexpensive) bus ride to Old Town Albuquerque. It is a hostel, of course, so if you've never stayed in one, it might not be what you expect as it is not a hotel. Hostels give you a better feel and more atmospheric experience to exploring a new city and this hostel certain fits the bill. The staff knows the city and there is plenty of information located in the common area to help you get to and from the airport as well as to the attractions throughout the city. You cannot beat the location and the cost. I did not experience any sense of being unsafe whether it be my person or my belongings. Very laid back atmosphere, all that they ask is that you pitch in and do a chore or two. Which, while some might find this off-putting, adds to the cosy atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in New Mexico.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank saiorse2006