“Very nice clean new hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25
Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed one night on a road trip and the hotel is very clean, new and quite nice. The beds were very comfortable. The night we stayed the place was packed with kids and the pool seemed very nice even though we didn't have time to use it. Out toilet was clogged when we got to the room and they quickly brought us up a plunger and I asked them to leave it and we would take care of it as my wife was in the shower and they only problem was the plunger was covered in something they previously "unclogged" so that was gross but overall a very nice place to stay close to a lot of places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Disapointing! Had to change rooms upon check in and they both had problems. The desk chairs were differant, the amenity trays were differant, all the lamp shades were damaged, sheets were stained, 5 hangers to a room, lounge chairs stained and the lack of staff made this stay less than average. For the price ($100) if you are an average traveler, I would be cautious. As a Platnum member and devout IHG guest, I expect more.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gt1dreaming
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Gt1dreaming,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Albuquerque North I-25.

As a Platinum member you are one of our most important guests. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this motel from May 28-June lst. I was a little concerned as I read the mixed reviews before we arrived. However, I found any doubts that I had were quickly put to rest. Our stay was enjoyable. The front desk personnel was always helpful with any directions or recommendations for which we inquired. Our maid service was excellent and always promptly made up our room in the morning. The AC on the 5th floor was very good. We had double beds that were comfortable but I would not recommend that more than one person sleep in them as you needed to be in the middle of the bed to rest well. Extra pillows on each bed were great! Thanks to the staff at this hotel! :) An Okahoma Visitor

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is right off I-25, we did not find the traffic noise to be disturbing at night...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at this and other Abluquerque hotels on numerous occasions over thast year. I have found the staff and facility at the Holiday Inn & Suites on Jefferson and I-12 to be above average. I travel allot and frequesnt many hotels accross the midwest. This specific hotel has a great location for when I am visiting Albuquerque. The food is excelent, the bar is accomodating and the bar tender is great. I must specifically recognize Haleah Todd (assistant general manager) She has gone above and beyond to ensure that my stay is always pleasant. My room is always clean, the facilities are always working, and even the elevators move at a faster pace than most. If you visit Albuquerque, you can not do better than to book a room at this hotel and talk to her. I am confident that your experience will be as great as mine always is. This is now my exclusive hotel when I travel here.
Thank you Haleah!

Room Tip: Talk to the assistant general manager haleah Todd. She will make sure you get exactly what you need.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank robert w
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed there to swim with the water slide. The slide is only open on the weekends. The interstate makes it really hard to sleep. High cost low value.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Kelsey3052
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Kelsey3052,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you were not able to take advantage of the water slide during your stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope you will stay with us in the future and have the opportunity to enjoy the water slide.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed four nights at this hotel during Balloon Fiesta 2011. On the final night, a large window in my van was smashed in and the thieves carted off about 150 lbs. of my property. It is my work van and it was parked securely and visibly in the back of the hotel.

When I called the general manager to obtain more information about the surveillance video, he told me their IT division is reviewing it and he would get back to me. I have not heard a word from him. In addition, he made no apology for this occurring on the property.

This was in addition to my check-in experience. Although there were only three people in line ahead of me, it took over a half-an-hour to check in. When I was being checked in, I simply asked the girl if I could be placed in a quiet room, as I was there working and I am a light sleeper. Her response, "You will get whatever we have left."

I told her this was an unprofessional response to my request. She then slapped my ID and CC on the desk and told another employee to help me and stormed off. It was a ridiculous response to a request I ask just about any hotel I stay at.

The room was nice. The doors in the hotel are extremely loud when guests allow them to slam by themselves. The food was descent and it was a clean place. But beware of where you park and what you leave in your car.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Joey W
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Came for a night for balloon festival and was pleased with the hotel. Good location - we took the shuttle which is nearby so we didn't have to deal with parking. This was their suggestion. They were very helpful with balloon info (gave us their last pamphlet!) and restaurants, etc. Nice room, no complaints! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family