“New but needs some managing and tuning to be better.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25
Ranked #81 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed here in September of 2012 with our kids. Rooms are nice but no cont breakfest is provided. Noticed elevators are really loud and our room was near them so we constantly heard this noise all night long. Elevators were really loud whem inside them too. Our complaint really comes to the pool. We stayed here because of the slide but they only let kids get on who are good swimmers and they wont let you catch younger kids. This ruined the fun for half our kids. The chlorine is way, way too high. The water was splashed up in my eyes and it burned so bad I quit swimming becuase of this. Our daughter went down the slide and after a few trips her eyes were blood shot and looked swollen from the chlorine. My wife left pool side after about 20 minutes because the chlorine fumes in the room were so bad it was burning her throat. Someone is not testing and maintaining the chemical balance for safety, they are just over shocking the pool. As another review also states they flag off this tiny pool for the slide so the pool is realy just a standing area of about 10x 15 feet. Staff seemed busy chatting. Back receiving area of hotel outside was filthy. Rooms are very nice and clean. Remote on TVs are a pain as they respond so slow. We plugged in and watched our own movies. Beds are good. Overall average stay. We will stay somewhere else next time though for breakfast and for pool reasons.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators because they are loud.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Orin7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Orin7,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness of our rooms.

However, We’re sorry about the breakfast. Breakfast packages are available but for a minimal cost. The Complimentary Continental breakfast are usually offered only by our sister hotel, the Holiday Inn Expresses. We would also like to apologize about the over chlorinated swimming pool. I understand the discomfort it caused you. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Im a travel agent and talk about the second you walk in customer service was awesome. The hotel rooms are clean, and new. The swimming pool was nice my kids enjoyed the pool area. We had drinks at the bar and service was great. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

booked the hotel through Priceline. When I arrived I was asked for ID and the card that I put it on. I gave the requested documents. the next morning I found a bill under my door. I didn't think anything of it, when I got home, I checked my personal banking account and on it I found that Priceline had billed me for the room and the hotel also had billed my bank. When I called I was referred to the GM "Richard" of the hotel. He took care of the problem, but unfortunately my money will be tied up for a couple of days with transactions and the banks.

I find it ridiculous that this day and age, that such a big name chain business can't handle simple transactions. When I asked maybe comping a room or some form of helping me out, since they billed me twice, Richard advised he didn't see it as a compromise or be able to justify their mistake.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime L
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed one night on a road trip and the hotel is very clean, new and quite nice. The beds were very comfortable. The night we stayed the place was packed with kids and the pool seemed very nice even though we didn't have time to use it. Out toilet was clogged when we got to the room and they quickly brought us up a plunger and I asked them to leave it and we would take care of it as my wife was in the shower and they only problem was the plunger was covered in something they previously "unclogged" so that was gross but overall a very nice place to stay close to a lot of places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Disapointing! Had to change rooms upon check in and they both had problems. The desk chairs were differant, the amenity trays were differant, all the lamp shades were damaged, sheets were stained, 5 hangers to a room, lounge chairs stained and the lack of staff made this stay less than average. For the price ($100) if you are an average traveler, I would be cautious. As a Platnum member and devout IHG guest, I expect more.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gt1dreaming
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Gt1dreaming,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Albuquerque North I-25.

As a Platinum member you are one of our most important guests. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this motel from May 28-June lst. I was a little concerned as I read the mixed reviews before we arrived. However, I found any doubts that I had were quickly put to rest. Our stay was enjoyable. The front desk personnel was always helpful with any directions or recommendations for which we inquired. Our maid service was excellent and always promptly made up our room in the morning. The AC on the 5th floor was very good. We had double beds that were comfortable but I would not recommend that more than one person sleep in them as you needed to be in the middle of the bed to rest well. Extra pillows on each bed were great! Thanks to the staff at this hotel! :) An Okahoma Visitor

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is right off I-25, we did not find the traffic noise to be disturbing at night...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at this and other Abluquerque hotels on numerous occasions over thast year. I have found the staff and facility at the Holiday Inn & Suites on Jefferson and I-12 to be above average. I travel allot and frequesnt many hotels accross the midwest. This specific hotel has a great location for when I am visiting Albuquerque. The food is excelent, the bar is accomodating and the bar tender is great. I must specifically recognize Haleah Todd (assistant general manager) She has gone above and beyond to ensure that my stay is always pleasant. My room is always clean, the facilities are always working, and even the elevators move at a faster pace than most. If you visit Albuquerque, you can not do better than to book a room at this hotel and talk to her. I am confident that your experience will be as great as mine always is. This is now my exclusive hotel when I travel here.
Thank you Haleah!

Room Tip: Talk to the assistant general manager haleah Todd. She will make sure you get exactly what you need.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business