“Claustrophobia”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25
Ranked #85 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite disappointing. As the newest HI property in Albuquerque, we expected a little more. Our room overlooked a dark parking lot and a giant wall. No view what so ever. This wasnt a huge issue, but then I saw the bathroom. Tiny. The toilet bowl extends literally to the center of the sink. So tiny you could wash your hands while sitting on the pot. Next worse thing, there was trash on the floor underneath each bed skirt, and upon our arrival, housekeeping had forgotten to stock the room with towels. What a pleasant surprise when I got out of the shower...aside from poor housekeeping, and the overall space problem, (cramped room/bathroom) the front desk staff was pleasant. Wont stay here again, though.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank William C
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

February 17, 2014

Dear WilliamC:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel design and housekeeping issues. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with my Housekeeping department about the issues you presented. I apologize for the inconvenience. This incident is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I booked this property due to the price point. Based on several negative reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. The check-in process was smooth and the front desk clerk was quite pleasant. She accomodated a request for a room as far from noise as possible. This stay was New Years Eve 2013. The room was clean and neat, equipped with the standard Holiday Inn Ammenities, nothing special but again what was expected. As we inspected the room both bathroom tissue rolls were empty and the holders were sitting in the sink. Obviously the maid had just forgotten to put new paper back on the rolls. Hey we are all human and it happens. Given the amount of time that hotel maids have to service rooms it is understandable. The only other issue was a 3am fire alarm resulting from a pulled fire alarm station. My only concern was that the fire department didn't show up at all and I anticipated that the alarm system would have auto notified them. The evacuation process went smoothly and it was only a short time before it was determined this was a false alarm. You can't blame the hotel for personal stupidity. This was a quick overnight trip so it is diffidult to rate the property based on that but I would stay here again given the price point. It isn't a standout but if you are looking for that a person would need to be prepared to pay more per night.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to the freeway. Ask for a room on the east side of the property if you are...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear NMand Beyond, Artesia NM:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the fire alarm. It was unfortunate that someone had childish intentions to pull the fire alarm in the early morning. I will also speak with the room cleaner about the missing amenity. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

On our most recent trip to Albuquerque, MN we stayed at this Holiday Inn. My daughter had landed a new job and we were pressed to make a one day up, find an apartment and come home trip. We arrived after eight in the evening and were greeted by a wonderful front desk clerk named Megan. She was a nice resource in our search for safe areas to look at for apartments. The stay was as expected at a Holiday Inn, comfortable rooms and a bar to relax and plot our upcoming day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors have a nice view and in the morninings you can almost be assured you w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear TimWW_ELP :

I appreciate your taking the time to share your positive comments about the Holiday Inn & Suites Albuquerque.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am glad that we have met your expectations. I will be happy to pass this on to my staff.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great location. Not ready for prime time. Housekeeping does not rise to slovenly. Two tv's with one working. Room had only one washcloth and 3 towels. Carpet never cleaned during 4 night stay. Food awful, drinks stingy. Bed stands, one both sides of bed but only 1 lamp. Desk lamp plug inoperable. Dirty coffee cups and pot not cleaned or cleared.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Mr. Gary F / Scottsdale AZ:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the housekeeping service of your guestroom and food service. Thank you for your excellent note on the Front Desk. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've called this hotel 3 times to make inquiries and possible reservations and each time the front desk person was consistently rude. Apparantly they think it is acceptable to hang up on potential guests, cuz I've been hung up on all 3 times! The girls (brats) are so nasty, they let you know they are annoyed just for having to answer the phone and then by question #3 you will get a dial tone. I called back each time and they eventually did not answer at all! I will never stay in this hotel because if their customer service skills are lacking so badly on the phone, I can't imagine what they are like in person!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AngelaGNM
Steven C, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear AGazzara ABQ NM:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the professionalism of my Front Desk staff, which occurred back in May 2013, with my Front Office manager I apologize for the inconvenience. This incident is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Awesome place for families with children. Two nights and three days with excellent service excellent price, a free breakfast would help. The place is well maintained and very clean.
I give my complements to the staff for a job well done.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear F C:
Thank you very much for your nice comments about the Holiday Inn & Suites Albuquerque North. I was pleased to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your stay. I hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I usually do not write bad reviews because I travel so much and know that you aren't always going to have the best experience. Having said that, I have never been so irritated with a hotel. I had my grandmother and father staying here because they were working on our house. We requested a handicap accessible room, which we received, but were disappointed because "handicap accessible" only meant a bar to hold onto in the shower. OK, I was over it--no big deal. Next, I check my account after checkout and notice that the $20 (I later found out was $20/night/room) that was supposed to come out of my account for "incidentals" had turned to $337! What the...? When I called to talk to a manager, I was told that they didn't notice my card was charged from a 3rd party already (I went through Hotwire). This struck me as odd b/c I had a discussion with the front desk lady about it. When I explained that I have things to pay for, that I am glad nothing big was going to go through my account and need that money back in my account, the manager got quite rigid and told me that it was not their fault if I had insufficient funds. Oh. I guess it's my fault that someone on your end messed up and deducted over 4x the amount of what the incidentals were supposed to be. Not only were they not owning up to their mistake, but now I am to blame because I went through a 3rd party. Great. If this wasn't enough, the location is horrendous and if you are on a lower floor your view will be an industrial building.
My suggestions? If you have to stay, stay only 1 night and use cash. I run tournaments out here and use a lot of hotels here in ABQ...I can now scratch this hotel off my list.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ThePrototype
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

June 5, 2013

Dear ThePrototype, Athens GA:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with handicap accessible room and your billing with my Front Desk manager & staff in order to learn from our mistakes and correct it. I apologize again for your experience. This incident is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.