“Not the most convenient location, but...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road
Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel was one of the best appointed Hampton Inns on my trip across country. The room was very inviting and comfortable for one person, although a small family would be comfortable, too. The staff was very accommodating when it came to giving me options for dinner and directions. I chose an Italian restaurant about three miles from the hotel. I had to drive to it, but it was worth it. This hotel does have an elevator for upper floors. Parking was convenient and I felt safe, but those who do venture out in the evening, will have to take pot luck on available parking spots upon return. The location is around a commercial area and can be a bit confusing as you navigate the streets. I suggest using Google street view maps before you get there to familiarize yourself with the location ahead of time. It appears busier than it is once you get there. I spent some time getting accustom to the lay of the land by driving around while daylight was was still available. It's only my recommendation, but helped when I departed in the morning into heavier traffic. The morning breakfast was both appetizing and tasty. I liked this hotel well enough that I will definitely make this part of my next stop in Albuquerque. I've even contacted the head of Hampton Inns to voice my pleasure with it. It's not a palace, but has class just the same!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelingSenior55

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This hotel is a great experience for young families. Spacious rooms, a mini fridge and a top notch free hot breakfast make this a go to hotel when I'm in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TJ T
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My family of five stayed in a queen suite with a pullout sofa. Room had a microwave, fridge, sink separate from shower. Room was really large and we just loved it. The staff was so accommodating. Shawnee helped place us in this excellent suite. Josh called to see if we liked our room and Samantha was very helpful in giving advice and printouts on tourist attractions. The breakfast is standard which my family always enjoys. The help kept the area clean and the food displays full. Would gladly stay here again. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool as well. Is by I 40 but couldn't here traffic.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ladybugSanAngelo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Big room, comfortable bed, very clean.
Easy access with truck and trailer. Great staff, very helpful. Nice quiet hotel.
Will stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BBQPitchman
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This property is on the west end of the city and had easy on/off access from I-40. This is a newer Hampton Inn, so all amenities are new and fresh. Room was spacious (1 king bed) and was clean; bathroom spotless. Had a great night's rest and a good Hampton Inn breakfast selection. Would highly recommend for business, travel and families.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank C T
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on our first trip to Albuquerque. The hotel is a typical Hampton Inn, clean and friendly. We appreciated the fresh cookies! Our room was spacious and comfortable. However...... Our first night we came back from dinner to find police surrounding the area (and blocking the roads to the hotel). We found out there had been a shooting at the Motel 6 nearby. While seeking information online about the shooting, we found there had been several shootings/ stabbings at the Motel 6 in the past. Therefore, this is not an area I would feel safe staying at again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had 3 rooms there for 4 nights. No WIFI for the entire time.... Only a shrug and a "we are working on it". Totally unacceptable from a Hilton property, especially as a long time H Honors Gold member.
Staff were nice. Rooms were clean.
But the floors and walls are rather thin. Some twit was pacing and stomping around in his room above me for 2 nights. Must have been a very frustrated television director....

• Stayed: November 2011