“Great Stay”

Sandia Resort & Casino
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 14 March 2014

First time staying here, even though it's across the city from us. Truly enjoyed the hotel, check-in is very painless compared to other hotel's we have stayed in. Room was clean with a nice view. Enjoyed a fun evening and a great breakfast at the Mica restaurant. Overall, would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Legat69

Reviewed 27 February 2014

It is one of the best resort hotels we have stayed in. The rooms are very modern and beautifully decorated. and very clean.We stayed seven days and enjoyed every single day. Food was great and we played the slot machine didn't win much but it was fun and a great time.

Room Tip: all rooms are great. We always stay when we go to Albuquerque
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank msustaita1
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As you can tell by my previous reviews, I love Sandia. As usual, it was friendly and clean. They even let us check in when we arrived instead of making us wait until four. The gambling was good and each of us went home feeling good about the gambling. The drink ladies didn't come around as much as I would have liked and there was a new little deli/hamburger place to eat with very reasonable prices. My one and only gripe is a big one, as far as I am concerned. I have been going to Sandia for years and had a gold card with quite a few points on it. I was working towards getting enough points so I could get a platinum card so those points are important. I was very proud of how many I had and my goal of getting a platinum card. Well, I was at a slot machine and a message came up that said I had free slot play. I called an attendant over and asked how I played my free slot play. She told me how to access the free slot play so I played all the money it had on the message of the machine. Come to find out, it took all of my points off of my card that I had worked so hard to get. I went and complained nd they said, "Yes, it takes the points off of your card and gives you money instead that you can have." Needless to say, I was upset. The message did not say, " You have such and such available to play if you choose to redeem the points in your card." NO. It said that I had FREE slot play. Right now, I still am upset that It did not fully make it clear that I would use my points on my card. I just want people to know that, if you get that message, unless you don't mind using your card points, don't do it. The only reason I gave Sandia four stars is because of the service and the rooms and I want to be fair, otherwise, I would give it a one. My complaints went to deaf ears. They don't care. I know I am a nobody but it would have been nice to have gotten that warning before stealing my points.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped, be sure to tell them. The rooms for handicapped people are reallly nice and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank denandvan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Invites to slot tournament any thing sandia has they send out Invites but only get it a few days before then when you call sold out free two days sold out fire the lady or man that sends the letters out the date is on the mail CMON MAN be nice to get that free room some times

Room Tip: call before you go make sure you have 3 weeks before event if not it will be out of rooms this why i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank randy m
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Not much to do in the Albuquerque area, so going to the casino was a to do. Had a great time each time. No you won't always win big..you can't expect that from any casino...but we did have fun..customer service was great and the buffet was great.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just came back from 4 nights/5 days at the Sandia Casino and Resort. We had a suite, which was very clean, modern, one full, one half bath. King Bed. Beautiful views of mountains and golf course. 4 different Restaraunts from low to very high in price. We ate in all four, not disappointed at all.
Only complaint I have was the tremendous crowds Friday and Saturday night in the Casino. The slot machines were backed up into 3/4 people waiting to play. The room was SO SO smoky !! They do have one very small smoke free slot machine room..But again so crowded you couldn't get hear the machines.
The pool was closed because of the cold weather. Hot tub was open, altho didn't see anyone in it.

Room Tip: I think any room has a beautiful view as the mountains are 360 degrees around the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JoJo676
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have visited Sandia three years in a row to celebrate our anniversary and always have a wonderful time. We always book a message at Green Reed spa. We used the resort shuttle to take us up to Sandia Peak where we enjoyed dinner at Sandiagos. So convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple