“Simply Beautiful!”

Sandia Resort & Casino
Ranked #34 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and i visited this hotel in April of 2014 and let me say, it is gorgeous!!!! The grounds are impeccably kept and it has to have some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen! The bathrooms alone are to die for. The views are killer and the staff is great. I would definitely visit again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica C

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Sandia Casino & Resort Has the Best Views in ABQ ! ! !
Great Views,Great Staff,Great Service,Great Food, Outstanding Rooms,
we like staying during the balloon fest the views of the balloons are great !
if you need a plase to stay in ABQ give try Sandia Casino & Resort

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TheHitManMine
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The sandia hotel rooms are just as nice as the Ameristar casino hotel rooms in Black Hawk Colorado. Sandia is southwestern style. The comp bottled water is nice. The $5 gift card is nice for skipping house cleaning. The $2 nachos are yummy. The $25 free play on the slot machine with a new players card is nice. You also receive playing cards and a writing pen. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ilovetotravvel2
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hands down, this is the most beautiful hotel in Albuquerque. The rooms are beautifully decorated and modern with comfortable beds, seating and a breathtaking view (request higher floor facing East, so you can gaze upon the Sandia Mountains at sunrise). I have stayed there before, when they first opened and had the pleasure to enjoy the beautiful pool. This trip was a short night in Albuquerque via a ski trip in Tao's...to catch our flight home. It was heaven to take a hot shower in a lovely bathroom and fall onto a soft, comfy bed to watch a movie on the huge flat screen TV while admiring the moon over the mountains outside of my full ceiling to floor window. Breakfast buffet the following morning toped off this wonderful stay. If you have a players card, you can get a good deal for such a wonderful room! The staff treated us like royalty from start to finish. I'll be back, and will stay longer here.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, facing East, so you can enjoy the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nsblover
Reviewed 14 March 2014

First time staying here, even though it's across the city from us. Truly enjoyed the hotel, check-in is very painless compared to other hotel's we have stayed in. Room was clean with a nice view. Enjoyed a fun evening and a great breakfast at the Mica restaurant. Overall, would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Legat69
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It is one of the best resort hotels we have stayed in. The rooms are very modern and beautifully decorated. and very clean.We stayed seven days and enjoyed every single day. Food was great and we played the slot machine didn't win much but it was fun and a great time.

Room Tip: all rooms are great. We always stay when we go to Albuquerque
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank msustaita1
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As you can tell by my previous reviews, I love Sandia. As usual, it was friendly and clean. They even let us check in when we arrived instead of making us wait until four. The gambling was good and each of us went home feeling good about the gambling. The drink ladies didn't come around as much as I would have liked and there was a new little deli/hamburger place to eat with very reasonable prices. My one and only gripe is a big one, as far as I am concerned. I have been going to Sandia for years and had a gold card with quite a few points on it. I was working towards getting enough points so I could get a platinum card so those points are important. I was very proud of how many I had and my goal of getting a platinum card. Well, I was at a slot machine and a message came up that said I had free slot play. I called an attendant over and asked how I played my free slot play. She told me how to access the free slot play so I played all the money it had on the message of the machine. Come to find out, it took all of my points off of my card that I had worked so hard to get. I went and complained nd they said, "Yes, it takes the points off of your card and gives you money instead that you can have." Needless to say, I was upset. The message did not say, " You have such and such available to play if you choose to redeem the points in your card." NO. It said that I had FREE slot play. Right now, I still am upset that It did not fully make it clear that I would use my points on my card. I just want people to know that, if you get that message, unless you don't mind using your card points, don't do it. The only reason I gave Sandia four stars is because of the service and the rooms and I want to be fair, otherwise, I would give it a one. My complaints went to deaf ears. They don't care. I know I am a nobody but it would have been nice to have gotten that warning before stealing my points.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped, be sure to tell them. The rooms for handicapped people are reallly nice and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends