“Great choice for Kirtland AFB business”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Pros:
1. Government rate available.
2. Extremely close to airport and rental car center.
3. Fairly close to Kirtland Carlisle gate.
4. A nice hotel, comparable to any other Homewood Suites.

Neutral:
1. Exercise room is the typical single weight bench, dumbells to 50 pounds, and cardio machines. I was looking forward to using the cable machine shown in the hotel web site's photo, but it exists only in the photo, not in reality.
2. Bathroom fan didn't work, a light was missing a bulb, the time on the clock was off by one hour and 10 minutes (not a daylight savings time change issue). The housekeeping staff is in the room every day, so how do these problems go unnoticed? Housekeeping surely does notice, but it's not their responsibility. Maintenance is supposed to fix those things. Good hotel management would give housekeeping a daily checklist of maintenance items (e.g. "Does the bathrrom fan work? Yes/No."

Not quite a five star hotel, but I'll recommend it anyway given that I don't know of anything better nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HiltonDiamondMan

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I arrived at the airport and was quickly picked up by the hotel shuttle. The staff at check in were very courteous. The suites are great, the bedding soft, and the room was clean.

I only have two things to criticize:
The Market downstairs had a limited selection of drinks- no Diet Coke! So I got an orange juice an discovered it was expired in early January! Eww. When I called the front desk they promptly refunded my money.

Then, when I checked out I presented them with my federal tax exempt paperwork, which they had no idea what to do to remove the taxes.

Overall...a great CLEAN hotel and I will be staying there again soon!

• Stayed: March 2012
margocm, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our porperty. We value your feedback, and your kind words. We're happy you found our rooms to be comfortabel, and even more pleased that our staff treated you with coutesy.

I apologize that we didn't have Diet Coke stocked during your stay. We try our best to keep the sodas and refreshments fully stocked all of the time, and I'm sorry we fell short.

I am also sorry that it wasn't explained to you that New Mexico is a Non-Tax Exempt State. The state doesn't allow for lodging to be tax exempt in any of the hotels. I will make sure to train our front desk staff to understand the law, and be able to explain to the guests that we are a non tax exempt state.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I am hopeful that we will see you on your next visit to Albuquerque!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here with my son and 3 dogs and our cat during our cross country move in Jan 2012. Staff was very sweet, room was fantastic, clean comfortable, quiet, sunset over the town while walking the dogs - AMAZING. If you have dogs, do be careful walking them in the rocky areas as there are some sandspurs, walk them by the basketball court where there is grass (that has nothing to do with the hotel, just the terrain there has plants that have spurs). The food was over the top outstanding, both breakfast and dinner. All the Homewood Suites we stayed at during our week's journey were delightful but this one had just a bit of added pizaaz it seemed. Just delightful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Donna F
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just got around to this review. I arranged for my golf group to stay here for a week in middle october 2011. We had 5 rooms for 7 days. Airport shuttle ran all the time and the hotel shuttle even took us to eat at a 5 mile radius. Service at hotel was excellent and breakfast and snacks at night were very good. It was cold and the outside spa was closed so they had the hotel shuttle take us down the street to their sister hotel so we could use the indoor spa and pool. Couldn't ask for better service from the staff. Great central location to play the golf courses in and around the city.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 16 January 2012

During our move from NJ to AZ we stopped two nights at this hotel. We had a room on the first floor. We forgot we were so close to the airport. I could have done without the people smoking right outside the door we went right in and out but that was really my only complaint. The room was clean and comfortable. My son said the pullout was comfy enough. Having the kitchen was so nice since I have a lot of food allergies and preparing my own food is so much easier than eating out sometimes. Plus with being on the road for almost two weeks, we had two coolers of food and having the fridge to put everything in while refreezing the ice packs was awesome. The bathroom was very clean and the hot water was plentiful. The folks working at the front desk were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was good for my husband and son, my options were limited with my food allergies but I'm used to that so it's not really a complaint- just an FYI in case anyone else has similar issues. There was one guy working there... I'm not not sure what his job was but he spent an awful lot of time watching tv in the exercise room. But overall I really enjoyed our stay and if we go back through Albuquerque, we will definitely check to see if they have rooms available. Oh we had no trouble parking our van that was towing a small trailer (and had the kayaks on top) in a well lit area... right outside our window as a matter of fact.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank L R
Reviewed 8 January 2012

They did it again!! Family decided to stay at the Homewood Suites Albuquerque Airport again except this time for a New Years Eve stay. WOW!!! As usual the staff was impeccable..Dale was as a gentleman at the front desk with excellent suggestions for our stay. Put us on the 3rd floor facing the north so when the fireworks went off for the New Year we could see everything. Family was ecstatic. Also seeing that the pool is closed due to the winter season, Dale suggested we could go to their sister property just down the street. KIDS WENT CRAZY!!!! Wow talk about Customer Service..Their GM Charlotte Fambro has this crew hitting all cylinders..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank taosicon
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Spent holidays in Santa Fe but had early morning flight out of Albuquerque, so booked one night at Homewood Suites at Albuquerque airport. Beautifully appointed room [a one bedroom suite with living room]. Very upscale, modern but tasteful furniture, two flat screen TVs, full kitchen with full size appliances [including refrigerator, etc.], and good vanity area and restroom. Comfortable beds [two queen size] and very nice living room furniture. Spacious with room to move for mom, dad, and two pre-teens. Amazingly quiet considering it's at major intersection of main boulevard into airport and intersecting road to rental car return. Breakfast in large, very attractive lobby with fireplace going. Omelet and sausages were main entree with lots of fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, and beverages -- all prepared very well. Easy access to I-25, but no gas stations anywhere near, so fill up the rent car while still in town. Quick early morning drop off of rent car since it's only two blocks away. Very reasonable price, if not downright inexpensive, for such large and nice accommodations. Will stay there in the future without a doubt.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family