“Very Good: Typical Homewood Property”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #34 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tampa, Florida
“Very Good: Typical Homewood Property”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel using Hilton points and although my stay was "free," I still intend to rate the hotel as if I paid the standard room rate.

My daughter and I stayed one Friday night in April 2014 for 20,000 points (which is low or "cheap" in the Hilton points scheme), and the one-bedroom room was fine. In fact, the rates at this hotel—often in the $125 range with an AAA or AARP card—seem to be a bargain for a hotel so near the Albuquerque airport. As a result, I'd rate it as a bargain even without points.

Everything in the room and the hotel common areas was clean and worked, and the reception staff was efficient.

The breakfast seemed a bit below Homewood Suite standards and when I asked for a receipt on exit—I wanted to make certain they were not going to charge my credit card for anything—I received a receipt that showed a confusing bill-back to the Hilton rewards division for the room. I inquired and got a confusing answer, but I was never billed.

All in all, I would recommend this property if you need an airport hotel and if you can get a room for less than $125 per night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I always stay in the Homewood Suites Airport when I'm in Albuquerque. This hotel has to be the best hotel in town. They have great rooms and great staff. I really feel like I'm at home and comfortable when I stay in one of their roomy suites.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience but everyone has a bad day and they certainly did on my last stay. Stayed at the hotel twice in the past week as I passed through ABQ airport. The property is extremely convenient to the airport, clean, rooms are spacious and its a good if standard type of chain hotel. First night's stay was as expected without any problems. Returned several days later and it was an off night for them. Apparently the computers were down when we arrived which did not affect us since the check-in proceeded in an orderly fashion. However, it was quickly apparent that the girl on the front desk was in a very bad mood. In any event, we got our room keys and when we got to our room they didn't work. Back to the front desk for new keys. Went to the business center to print out our airline boarding passes and the computer wouldn't open my email for some reason. Managed to get to the airline website and when I went to print out my boarding pass there was no paper in the printer nor any other paper in the business center. Back to the desk where the problem was quickly solved. Had a decent meal at the hotel that evening and then to bed. Around midnight we were surprised when another guest opened the door to our room and she was just as startled to find us already in the room. I assume she went back to the front desk. Got up early the next morning (5AM) for our flight and went down to the lobby for coffee. Much to my surprise when we returned to the room our keys did not work once again. I assume they didn't work because of the mistake the night before when they sent another guest to our room. Took the hotel shuttle to the airport which was on time and the girl driving the van was friendly and very personable. I wouldn't write this hotel off and will give them another chance but they really gotta tighten things up a bit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank wfm855
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We only stayed one night, with our dogs. We were given a room on one of the upper levels (can't remember actual room). Room was adequately cleaned (if some furniture was moved, we found dirt). No real dog run (at least real lawn - which is okay). We like to clean up after, but no bags available (despite us informing front desk). Food was good (not great).... we got enough. Overall appearance is good. Bed was confortable for the one night. Kitchen was nice. If we came back, we would stay here (versus the return trip stop was in Santa Fe - did not like hotel - reviewed).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful. It is very well decorated and the staff were terrific.

We were checking on hotels near the airport for our last night in Albuquerque, and just as we pulled in to the hotel we had a tire blow out.

We went inside and we sat in the lobby and called Budget to have them fix the tire.

While we were there the staff invited us to dinner, as they serve dinner Monday - Thursday. My husband decided to eat with the other guests while I took care of getting the car taken care of.

We came back on our last night in Albuquerque and stayed here. It was so comfortable and we had a great breakfast.

I appreciate the staff so much for inviting us to dinner when we had our car troubles. They are the best.

If you want to stay near the airport, this IS the place for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here for a bmx national race and this was an excellent choice. Kitchen with full sized fridge, dishwasher, pots and pans, two burner stove, toaster and coffee maker (bring coffee filters though). For a four member family this was the perfect small apartment for the long weekend. Very spacious and clean. Morning breakfast was convenient and included in the room rate. We paid a little more for this room but saved more by not going out for meals. On top of all that, the staff was nice enough to send a left pair of jeans to my house within three days of departure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs better sound insulation. I travel every other week for work and I usually choose homewood suites because of the quiet and spacious rooms. Not this one. This is by far the worst homewood suites I have ever stayed in in terms of noise. It sounds like a marching band is drilling above, and noise from next door rooms carries clearly. Will stay somewhere else next time I am in Albuquerque.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo