“Not to be missed!”

Neighbourhood: Huning Highland Historic District
La Mesa, California
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent service, delicious meals, great wine and beer selection and just enough funk to make it fun without going overboard. Family had recommended we have a meal there on our trip to ABQ and we are raving about Standard Diner to others now.

Visited August 2014

Tempe, Az
“Dinner and a Diner”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Eclectic dishes, cool atmosphere and wonderful food. You have to try the appetizers, especially the deviled-eggs. My only complaint was the food was a tad cold. I like everything piping hot! We were a large group, so maybe this was the problem. Service was good and good tap selection.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Huge supersize! Have there buffalo fried cauliflower! Great jalapeños and fried pickles. Tempura tuna was excellent with the pesto, you can skip the tarter sauce. So good, I'll be back next time I'm in town guaranteed.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Tasty Food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Once again, we rolled into a town or city late and used Trip Advisor to find somewhere to eat before settling in at our trusty Super 8 :) Well this was place had lots of good reviews and the name is rather ironic kinda like when you call a skinny guy FATS or a tall person SHORTY. By the name you would never expect the food you get. It's a twisted take on American fare but with a gourmet or unique twist.. case in point I had the Chicken & Waffles and I do love me some C&W but instead of the usual it was blue corn waffles with fancy seasoned chicken etc.. etc...

Staff was nice and attentive and they had some good local beer choices on tap which is always a plus for me. Seems TV stars like it to as there was some famous actor eating next to us from a show I have no idea about... Breaking something... either way it's a great place and when I had back to A-town I will definitely try this again.

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I went to the Standard Diner a few years ago for the first time and it's been on my short list of places well worth going to again (if I lived closer, I'd be there all the time). The atmosphere is great, the staff friendly and the food is fantastic! Leave room for dessert too, they make a mean shake. It is pricey for a diner, but it isn't actually your standard diner as the name suggests. It's way above standard!