“No breakfast, cold jacuzzi, smaller room, deceiving photos.”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East
Ranked #98 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Bathroom and floor not the cleanest.
Jacuzzi was cold!
Went for breakfast at 8am with my pregnant wife and there was nothing left! No eggs, no yogurts, no pastries. We were told we should have come earlier!! If breakfast is served 6-9am, they should make sure everything is available until 9am, not promise something they do not have!
Room is for 2 people, but has 1 chair only to sit and eat together! (Their website photo had 2 chairs). Room is MUCH smaller than it showed on the website photos. Photos were deceiving.
We prepaid through Priceline, and now price is 15% less!
Feeling disappointed and cheated.

Room Tip: See the room before you book it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dimitris A
SuburbanRodewayEast, Front Office Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Dimitris A

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with out staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Albuquerque.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I liked everything at the hotel but what really amazed me.....TURTLES......They have 3 turtles inside the waterfall...rooms really nice, good rates, friendly staff, generous manager. Easy and fast check in/out process.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank thatonejondude
Leona B, Front Office Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear thatonejondude

Thank you for taking the time to write us such wonderful feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Though we booked a suite ahead of time, a suite was not available once we arrived. Instead we were given two smoking rooms. As you might imagine, the rooms wreaked of smoke and gave my eight year old daughter and myself sore throats. In addition, the sheets and bedspreads were covered with cigarette burns.

The "free" WIFI also didn't work. Upon reporting this to the front desk we were informed that it had already been reported and that they didn't have any idea when or if it might be fixed. It did not work during our entire stay.

I spoke to the lady working the front desk about all of this but she didn't seem too concerned. I also tried contacting Eugene, the General Manager, but he has never gotten back to me. Finally I contacted Choice Hotels directly. I did get a return email from them asking for my name, the dates of my stay, and my booking confirmation number. I responded with all of the information they asked for but, a week later, I have still not heard back from them.

And just to top it all off we had to ask for pillow cases for one of the beds and there was beer in the hot tub.

From some of the reviews I read before booking this hotel, clearly a good stay is possible. But if anything goes wrong it appears that you are on your own.

At roughly $100 a night for both rooms (which would have also been the price of the suite), I am beyond frustrated.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Timothy M

Dear turner1988

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here two nights. The room we stayed in was excellent very clean and extra roomy!! The staff here was down right the friendliest staff we have ever met. There was also on site security who patrolled the hotel. Security was awesome, defiantly made us feel very safe!! The whole family loved the pool and hot tub area. Also tons of restaurants all around the hotel. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE STAYING HERE NEXT TIME WE VISIT ALBUQUERQUE!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stefanie_david
Eugene505, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Stefanie_david

On behalf of our entire staff we want to THANK YOU for your review of this Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East Albuquerque. Our staff prides themselves on making sure that your stay was very good. Thank you again.

We look forward to seeing you next year as well!
Best wishes
General manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were pleased by this hotel, mostly because it was quiet, affordable and pet friendly. The room wasn't the biggest but honestly it wasn't enough to stop me from staying there. Also had a full kitchen, which was awesome! They do not serve breakfast and housekeeping service was once a week, totally understandable, but with a kitchen I could just make my own. I will stay there again
Thank you for such a great idea…we love Suburban

Room Tip: Suites, few dollars more and you get the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joturo T

Dear Joturo T

On behalf of our entire staff we want to thank you so very much for your recent review of this Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East Albuquerque. We are pleased your stay was positive and problems free. We want you to know we really appreciate your business and your feedback is very important to us.

Looking forward to seeing you next time as well.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We will stay there next year when we go to ABQ. We stayed for 2 weeks the room was clean the bed was excellent all appliances worked well and the shower had a massage shower head. The television was a flat screen maybe 36 or 42 in. with perfect reception. The room was quite and the parking was great. The employees were very helpful when asked questions. We had a fine stay. Big rooms, huge parking lot, awesome hot tub, swimming pool wasn’t working but that was ok to me. Security all night long…..that was very good, we felt totally safe

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MIGUE21086

Dear MIGUE21086

On behalf of our entire staff we want to thank you for taking your time and write us this wonderful review, for staying in this Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East Albuquerque and for being a guest of us. We are trying so hard to make every stay as pleasant as possible and working in every single detail to make all our guests happy. We are pleased you enjoyed the hot tub, you liked this property and our security system. By the way the swimming pool is now open and working perfectly.

We want you to know we really appreciate your business and looking forward to seeing you next time, have a wonderful day

Reviewed 24 April 2014

From February to mid-March I had spent about a month of back & forth time in ABQ from La Havana, Cuba. They just changed brand from Comfort Inn to Suburban Extended stay. So….i got everything nice and fresh. My first trip to this hotel was beyond expectation and I returned for some family issue a week later. I didn't consider any other hotel for my many upcoming stays and I won't in the future. Fantastic staff all around from housekeeping to manager - every one of them friendly and helpful in any way needed.

Nice selection of 5 or so pillows on the bed, neat & clean rooms, good wi-fi in room, new fridge and microwave - all the things anyone would need. For me, coming in from Cuba, the location was perfect to meet with my daughter and for any "pleasure time" in ABQ. Basically, it's "right around the corner" from Coronado Mall Center,right across the street there is a mini shopping center and Central Ave (Route 66) is right down the street.
The Tvs…….flat screen Tvs……..i don’t even have a flat screen tv at home…considering im from Cuba..a poor country that’s not a big deal…well……honestly, Super nice room with a great kitchen. Very friendly staff. The bed was comfortable. I will be staying there everytime I am in town. I was really impressed with how clean and quiet this place is. The only thing I would recommend is a newer bedding set, the one in my room was a little old but clean.

Room Tip: the rooms upstairs are bigger
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles R
Eugene505, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Charles R

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of this Suburban Extended Stay Hotel East. We will be sharing the compliments with all the staff, it will serve as added encouragement to them for a job well done! I would like to let you know we are working on replacing all the bedding sets.

We look forward to your next visit. Have a great day