“I would stay here again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bottger Mansion of Old Town
Ranked #3 of 15 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“I would stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is a very comfortable B&B with very likeable owners and wonderful food. Also it has to be the best location there is to stay in Albuquerque. I felt like I belonged here like I had known this place forever.

Room Tip: I chose my room for the claw foot tub. It was quiet and I slept like a log. :)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank msgivens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bottger Mansion in Albuquerque. The location was excellent to old town, the room was wonderful, the breakfasts were delicious and interesting and creative. Steve and Kathy are very helpful and hospitable. It was an excellent experience all around.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was our first experience with a B & B and now I think we are spoiled. Cathy & Steve are so welcoming and accommodating that it makes you want to stay longer! Unfortunately, we only stayed 1 day...but we plan on coming back next year for at least 3 days! The mansion itself was so lovely and our room was FABULOUS! We stayed in the Hazeldine room that had a very spacious bathroom with a jacuzzi tub! They have really added some nice touches with all the extras...homemade cookies, teas, and sodas - so nice and appreciated! The nicest thing was the recommendations for dinner that we got from Steve...we ate at High Noon and it was delicious! Steve gave us a certificate to take there and we got a complimentary appetizer...truffle fries! Thanks for a wonderful experience! - Heather & Bion

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Heathera08
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

My sister just reviewed the Bottger Mansion below, and I absolutely second everything she said. The couple who own this place are a delight, and were very helpful in helping us plan our travel itinerary. The breakfasts were absolutely DELICIOUS, and the room we stayed was super adorable. They had an unlimited and 24 HOUR supply of coffee, tea, and internet access (on their little laptop in the sitting room). Also, they did upgrade our room for free AND since I had a late flight, Cathy was happy to let me hang out at the mansion a few hours after check-out time. During that time, I had the opportunity to chat with Cathy about the history of the mansion - besides being an amazing hostess and chef, Cathy is also a local historian-of-sorts, who has gathered all sorts of fascinating stories about Albuquerque. Ask her about them! One of the best B&B experiences I've ever had, and will definitely return again!

Room Tip: The house is a little creaky, so I wouldn't recommend the room that is right of the sitting room...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sitaphul
Central Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

And I did! Cathy was lovely and welcoming, and guided us to some good restaurants. We had the Route 66 room, which is downstairs, first room you pass. Despite being on a busy road, we heard no traffic noise. Unfortunately we can't say the same for the squeaky floorboards in our room, outside our room and I think upstairs overhead our room. We heard every move anyone made from really early in the morning.

Despite that, the breakfast was good and the proximity to Old Town, fantastic.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My sister and I went on a little ladies trip last month to New Mexico and we stayed a few nights in the wonderful Bottger Mansion. The owners were lovely - so interesting to talk to, generous with their time, and amazing cooks! On our last night, they upgraded us for free! Also they are very knowledgeable - they suggested an incredible hike - Tent Rocks - which my sister and I really enjoyed. The breakfasts were DELICIOUS - fresh, flavorful, and unique. The rooms had real character and were comfortable. The location ideal - right in old town, walking distance to lots of things. Definitely highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride and I couldn't think of a better time to have such a wonderful experience! I chose the Bottger Mansion from the outstanding reviews and because I love to stay at B & B's. Bottger Mansion has the perfect location and the most thoughtful, warm, welcoming and gracious hosts. From the breakfast-to-go on the morning of my ride to the cookie cake waiting for me when I arrived back to my room - Cathy and Steve went above and beyond to make my 40th BDay the most memorable and enjoyable day.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo