“Pleasant and genuine cuisine”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #393 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Unassuming roadside Asian restaurant; all dishes guaranteed good, NEVER bad; occasionally excellent. Wor wonton soup as good as anywhere.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I had bought several Groupon coupons for The Banana Leaf. The outdoor decor is not anything to draw you into the restaurant. But once you are in you will be pleasantly surprised. My wife and I were surprised how wonderful the dishes were. They were tasty and they were presented wonderfully on the dinner entree plates. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

We were planning to eat at Chows Asian Bistro but drove around the Cottonwood Mall several times and couldn't find it. So, we went looking for another Chinese restaurant and declined to enter two buffets. Finally, we stumbled onto Banana Leaf and it was wonderful. The Wor Wonton Soup had a very tasty broth with tons of shrimp, beef, chicken, wontons and vegetables. We opted for the "Absolutely Drunken Chicken" which is prepared with a wine sauce that resulted in a superb dish. This combination was more than enough for two people.

Service was excellent - attentive but not overbearing. Bottom line is that we couldn't have asked for more. If you're in the area, don't miss it.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

After hearing my Mother in law sing praises of this restaurant, I snagged a Groupon deal. I was pleasantly surprised by the lengthy menu options and the very sweet staff. Although, I found the Thai options a bit generic and americanized I went for the Asian/American beef with green beans. The green beans were VERY fresh and snappy, just the way I like it. Not a terrible amount of grease. I enjoyed the restaurant a lot. My husband did try the Thai basil chicken and also was quite happy with the fresh basil and overall dish. I would suggest a bit more authentic Thai dishes but will try other menu items next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The food here is delicioso and the atmosphere was more upscale than what I'm used to (i.e. chinese buffet). I started with an order of wontons and moved on to the lo mein with chicken, beef and shrimp. I was here with my family and miracle of miracles, we ALL finished our plates (that's unusual, especially for my wife and kids). I was still so hungry, I was tempted to order another entree but alas, the bill was high enough for me. Not sure if this is a new fad of "sensibly portioned" chinese dishes but I no likey :( Hey, maybe they actually care about my health and how much I gorge myself with MSG-laden "food of the gods" but color me skeptical.