“Rio Rancho Asian - Great!”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #332 of 1,776 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Ajijic, Mexico
“Rio Rancho Asian - Great!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very nice inside, looks Fast Food from outside. Very good service and the food was excellent. They were very accommodating in making the dishes either mild or hot, no matter how it was listed on the menu. Lo main is exceptional and the scallops were cooked perfectly. The won ton soup is loaded with won tons and vegetables. We will definitely go there again. The portions were enough for dinner. One of our table mates didn't like the meal and it was replaced with another dish without question. That alone impressed me. It is real gem.

• Visited May 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pleasant and genuine cuisine”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Unassuming roadside Asian restaurant; all dishes guaranteed good, NEVER bad; occasionally excellent. Wor wonton soup as good as anywhere.

Grants, New Mexico
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I had bought several Groupon coupons for The Banana Leaf. The outdoor decor is not anything to draw you into the restaurant. But once you are in you will be pleasantly surprised. My wife and I were surprised how wonderful the dishes were. They were tasty and they were presented wonderfully on the dinner entree plates. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
California
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We were planning to eat at Chows Asian Bistro but drove around the Cottonwood Mall several times and couldn't find it. So, we went looking for another Chinese restaurant and declined to enter two buffets. Finally, we stumbled onto Banana Leaf and it was wonderful. The Wor Wonton Soup had a very tasty broth with tons of shrimp, beef, chicken, wontons and vegetables. We opted for the "Absolutely Drunken Chicken" which is prepared with a wine sauce that resulted in a superb dish. This combination was more than enough for two people.

Service was excellent - attentive but not overbearing. Bottom line is that we couldn't have asked for more. If you're in the area, don't miss it.

• Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Great Staff. Good Food”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After hearing my Mother in law sing praises of this restaurant, I snagged a Groupon deal. I was pleasantly surprised by the lengthy menu options and the very sweet staff. Although, I found the Thai options a bit generic and americanized I went for the Asian/American beef with green beans. The green beans were VERY fresh and snappy, just the way I like it. Not a terrible amount of grease. I enjoyed the restaurant a lot. My husband did try the Thai basil chicken and also was quite happy with the fresh basil and overall dish. I would suggest a bit more authentic Thai dishes but will try other menu items next time.

• Visited September 2012