“Pretty nice”

Ranked #84 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Pretty nice”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a King Suite, room #510. It was what I was looking for in that it had a microwave & frig. I guess I understand them wanting to turn these off while not in use, but, it was inconvenient waiting for the fridge to cool down and forget about anything that might need to go in the freezer section. Carpeting is badly stained. 2 very nice large rooms with 2 TV's. But, I guess I prefer to pay the extra $20 to stay at something like a residence inn, although there is a desk, there is no table to eat at. As mentioned on Room 77 there are no views. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice. Towels are plentiful and the curved shower rod allows for more room in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner and lotion were ok. Good rates. Might try Room #512 on the end 2 queen suite or #504 also an end unit King Suite – closer to the elevator but I would think far enough away to not be noisy.

Room Tip: I had a King Suite - #510 which has a fridge & Microwave. Might try Room #512 asi it is an end u...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Qualityinn_ABQ, Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014

505-823-1300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sudbury
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel was very clean although they were under construction. The room was rather small with no fridge or microwave. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom spotless. The staff were friendly and helpful. We stopped there because it was very close to the HWY.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denis M

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I was traveling from Arizona back to Wisconsin with my family and needed a place to spend the night. We stopped here because it was right next to the highway. The staff was very friendly. We got a room on the third building which is located on the back of the hotel. It look empty and scary but we noticed a police car patrolling the premises so it made us feel comfortable. The room was great. The only thing that I can complain is about their hot tub been closed. My wife would've loved it. The breakfast was excellent. Many choices and everything tasted great. Next time we're traveling through the area we will definitely stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Qualityinn_ABQ, General Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear AZDUDE5281,

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the Quality Inn located off exit 231 on I-25 north. What a delight. Attractive lobby, very nice suite, excellent hot breakfast. The fitness center needs repairs of the 3 recline stationary bicycles. Value excellent by booking 2 weeks in advance and prepaying. I would consider a trip to ABQ after staying at this Quality Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Qualityinn_ABQ, Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night and the room was very clean, beds comfy, internet connection was good, overall our stay was excellent! We were especially surprised with the continental breakfast! Green chile and cheese hash browns, fresh pancakes, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and all the cold fixins too!! The exterior is going through some renovations and there is some construction on the road too but nothing that affected our nights rest!

Stayed April 2014
Dear Christine,

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The stay was quite fine and comfortable. I would recommend it for that alone. Sometimes, however, a place deserves recognition for other things, and this is one of those times.

I made the reservation on-line two days before i arrived and never checked what i did. I assumed i had put in the correct dates. When i arrived, with a print out in hand (and which i had never looked at until then), it turned out that i had actually made the reservation for the previous night. !!!! The evening clerk could not take care of the issue. I was given a room for this nite but would be paying for 2 nites due to my mistake. The room was not a good one as it turned out to be next to some water system within the hotel and the thing was going full bore. So i went back and asked for another room. The clerk gave me a great room at the same price. Then, the next a.m., with the manager on duty, she cancelled the charges for the night that i had mistakenly reserved. WOW! She could have easily said, "No, can't do it." After all, i had made a major mistake. So, thank you. Well done Quality Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back (East side) are quieter. They are also more 'isolated.' I like the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Qualityinn_ABQ, Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We take pride in our customer service, and will never make our guests pay for honest mistakes. It was our pleasure to adjust the previous night stay as it was simply an error. Most of all, we are very happy to hear that you were taken care of and had a great stay!

lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent a week out of town and stayed in 6 different hotels. Two Marriott locations and four Choice locations. When I pull into the parking lot, I always take a quick run around the hotel in my car. WOWSER. The back of this hotel looks awful! It was kind of scary with vacant rooms and blinds torn and broken plus trash. I reminded myself that it had won some awards, so I decided to stay.

The good...
The front desk clerks are VERY nice . Really kind at check in and the offered me a little goody bag ...unsual for Choice locations. I am a Platinum Elite. The lobby is attractive and bright. I felt fine once I got inside. The location is RIGHT off the interestate. The hotel must be older, as it is very solid and I did not hear noise from the traffic at all. Breakfast was ample and the room was large, so you did not feel crowded. My bed was very comfortable with nice sheets.
I had a spacious 2 room suite. The price was under $60 and that is pretty much unheard of. I booked on Choice.com.

The bad...the hallways are dark. The carpet is puckered and stained. My drapes in my room were stained and torn. The room smelled musty when I arrived. I put the air on and it was fine. The furniture in the room looked like it came from an estate sale for grandparents. It was in good shape but very dated. I could not get internet to work in my room.

The ugly...if you drive around the back you may change your mind and stay elsewhere. It looks really awful back there. Some rooms look abandoned. Curb appeal: ZERO.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding wireless connection, as well as the issues with your suite on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We are currently undergoing renovations in our 2nd building sleeping rooms and have all of the windows covered with paper so we can paint all those rooms. We are also repainting the outside of the entire property. Let me assure you we do not have any of our rooms with cracked blinds (actually we do not have blinds at all). However, thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention. I will take all steps necessary to fix any and all relevant issues we find.
On another note, we are pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the beds, the wonderful breakfast, and all the other wonderful things you mentioned!

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Albuquerque.