“Needs More Updating”

Ranked #84 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Scottsdale
“Needs More Updating”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This WAS a Clarion that had a GREAT breakfast, and everything else was okay or better. Now it is an updated Quality Inn & Suites that has a GOOD breakfast, but the property still needs some updating. One of the things they apparently already updated are the extremely low-flow sink and shower fixtures. They seem to have taken low-flow to an all time low.

I used to always stay at the Clarion when in ABQ, but on my next trip I will look at other options. I may stay here, or I might try something else. Lots of construction on that stretch of I-25. Check-in and out staff very professional and friendly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We chose this hotel because its location met our needs. Current road construction in front of hotel slows you a bit, but when completed it will make traveling much easier. The rooms were large, well kept, and had everything we needed (fridge, microwave, wifi, desk, 2 TVs). The free breakfast in the morning is one of the best we have had in our travels. And the staff is supper friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. No onsite dining, so you will have to get out and explore the places nearby, there are many to choose from. Overall we rate this place a must stay when visiting Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here in July 2013 when it was still the Clarion. It was very affordable. $76 a night for four people in the 1 bedroom suite. The room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was fine - pretty standard for this level of chain. We stayed two night and did use the pool once. We had no problems.

The only issue we had was our son had left a brand new toy in the room and we didn't realize until we left and were about an hour down the road. I immediately called when we realized it and they said they'd have the cleaning crew check for it and get back to me. No one ever called me back. I had to call later only to be put off again and then later again that night and again the next day. I was finally told that they found nothing. And at that point the room had already been rented again. I have a hard time believing they didn't find anything since I called not long after we left and before it would have been checked out again. I just feel like they kept dismissing me when I called so this was a service problem - not really a problem with the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brandy621
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014

i enjoyed the well appointed room, the office staff were upbeat and professional. a little extra at breakfast made it tasty.We appreciated its location off I-25. I erque to stay herewould tell anyone traveling to Albuquerque to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank rotankuc71
Qualityinn_ABQ, General Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2014

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Room was great, and so was breakfast. Only issue was the construction made it difficult to find the entrance which was on a one-way street with a not-so-close entrance point. Passed by it once. Happy with our stay!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Devon J

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! I do apologize in regards to the construction taking on the access road in front of our property. The project is due to move on further north so it should not affect our guests much longer. We do thank you for your understanding & patience during this time. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We've stayed at quite a few hotels in Albuquerque now, and this is one of the few that we would gladly stay at again. It was clean, service was wonderful, and the breakfast spread is enviable. I think the kicker for me was the green chili hashbrowns I've been craving since we stayed there. Those were a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank BappersGall
Qualityinn_ABQ, Manager at Pan American Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a King Suite, room #510. It was what I was looking for in that it had a microwave & frig. I guess I understand them wanting to turn these off while not in use, but, it was inconvenient waiting for the fridge to cool down and forget about anything that might need to go in the freezer section. Carpeting is badly stained. 2 very nice large rooms with 2 TV's. But, I guess I prefer to pay the extra $20 to stay at something like a residence inn, although there is a desk, there is no table to eat at. As mentioned on Room 77 there are no views. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice. Towels are plentiful and the curved shower rod allows for more room in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner and lotion were ok. Good rates. Might try Room #512 on the end 2 queen suite or #504 also an end unit King Suite – closer to the elevator but I would think far enough away to not be noisy.

Room Tip: I had a King Suite - #510 which has a fridge & Microwave. Might try Room #512 asi it is an end u...