“What's the pink stuff on the shower head?”

Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale
“What's the pink stuff on the shower head?”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Couldn't find anything about the hotel that was better than average. The room seemed clean until I looked at the shower head. Some kind of pink mold or something growing on it. And the electric outlet next to the sink didn't work. The hair dryer was plugged into the outlet but did not work, so I plugged in my phone charger and my pc charger, neither of which got any juice.

The breakfast looked good, but the scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuts & gravy were just barely warm, certainly not hot. With no microwave in sight, I asked the staff member who was restocking the area about the cold food. He offered to take it to the back to heat it up. I was just about ready to go to the nearby Village Inn for breakfast when he returned with my warmed up food. It was a nice layout, but in addition to not liking cold eggs, sausage, etc; I have some food safety concerns about their "hot" breakfast offering.

On the bright side, the bed was comfortable and the wifi was pretty good. The guest laundry consists of one washer and one dryer crammed into a small room with a bunch of exercise equipment, which I assume they either call a storage room or an exercise room. The W&D were both maxed out at 8 quarters.

Also on the bright side, they are running a special (thru Sept 30 I think) called the Boomer Special. If you're a baby boomer, your rate is the two-digit year of your birth. So if you were born in 1951 your rate would be $51.

Overall it's an average hotel with a few problems that could be easily fixed. When I go back to ABQ in a few months I may book my room there just to see if problems persist. If you can get a really good rate it might be worth a visit. But if you have to pay the full rack rate, go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.
We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to make a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. Please call me next time you travel through Albuquerque to give us one more try. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.
Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Victoria Lombardelli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I was scheduled to meet my parents at the ABQ airport and drive to Grants, but due to several weather issues, I was severely delayed. My parents had stayed at this hotel the previous night, and the staff let them stay around the lobby the evening after they had checked out, even offering them drinks, until we knew I'd be very late. Then they were happy to book us into an upgraded room for the night, since it was too late to drive to Grants. It was a two bedroom jacuzzi suite. I was on a sofa bed, and it wasn't that comfortable. The regular bed was fine, though.
The breakfast was very nice, including eggs, make your own waffles, biscuits, along with the usual pastries and fruit.
In addition, the hotel gave us a "free upgrade certificate" to use for our next visit. My parents went back to the hotel at the end of the trip prior to their flight home, and used that certificate.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Albuquerque. Please call me personally to make your reservations
Victoria
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We booked this hotel for a very reasonable price on Hotels.com. Coming off of a 3 day camping trip, all I wanted was a hot shower and a nice bed to sleep in. I got both, though the shower drained really slowly so that was gross. If we were staying more than one night, I would've said something to the staff. The carpet felt old and dirty so I kept my shoes on.
I did enjoy the free hot breakfast, which was an incredible value. There was a waffle maker, toast, hot bar (eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy), yogurt, fruit, and cereal. Oh, and there's free WiFi -- it's slow but it works. If we were staying longer, the fridge and microwave would've been useful as well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, If you should ever travel back into Albuquerque for another camping trip or just to visit please call me personally. Best Western InnSuites Albuquerque strives to make every guest comfortable and accommodated. Victoria
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The staff was really helpful and kind. The room was very clean except for under the couch and the only reason I saw the dust bunnies under the couch was because I had to sleep on the sofa bed. I let the front desk know about the bunnies and the smelly sheet on the sofabed and they took care of it the same day that I nofied them about it. My one complaint about the room was that it was a non-smoking room and it REEKED of cigarette smoke. It was so bad that I went out and bought febreeze to get rid of the smell. The free breakfast that they offered was very nice, better than other Best Westerns that I've visited. We also got a free upgrade to a two room suite which was a nice plus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the Trip Advisor review, if you are ever in the Albuquerque Area again please call me personally to make your reservations, we notified the proper department about the bunnies underneath the sofa sleeper. Best Western InnSuites really appreciate your business
Victoria
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2010

The first two rooms were very odoriferous-- one smelled like chewing tobacco and the other had tons of fragrance.
The third room was on the first floor and smelled fine. However, it was quite noisy. The people upstairs made tons of noise just by walking around or listening to their tv. You can't do much about thin walls. Probably best to stay upstairs in this one.
However, the room was clean. The bed was good. The staff was great and very gracious. No manager wants to hear that two of their rooms were too smelly to sleep in but she was extremely pleasant and gracious about it. The internet was good. The price was good.
However since I really value quiet I have to downgrade this hotel some.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
We do appreicate the your review and understand the need for quiet, if you should ever come back through Albuquerque and need accommodations we have an Executive Building that is quiet and cozy. Please call Victoria at the hotel if you ever need anything
Mishawaka, IN
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Very clean, comfortable rooms, quiet, good breakfast, and extremely thoughtful staff. After we had checked out, the front desk called me to say one of our party had left medicine in room. When we arrived back there, staff member came outside in the rain to give it to me

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2010
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Albuquerque. Please call me personally to make reservations Victoria
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2010

K & I stayed 1-night @ the Best Western on our way to Costa Rica.
HOTEL: We requested a bottom floor room, as we did not want to lug our large travel bags up all of those stairs. We arrived late around 8pm.
ROOM QUALITY: Nice room, plenty of space. Microwave, coffee maker, Mini fridge.
Heat worked fine, with one exception of it had a small case of the rattels. The bed was soooo comfortable! It would be the best bed we would have throughout or 10 day holiday. there was also a flat screene TV...We did not turn it on though. 2-water bottles were in the room also.
WHAT YOU GET BOTTLES OF IN THE BATHROOM: Shampoo, conditioner, soaps, & mouthwash. You can get other toiletries @ the front desk incase you forget your toothbrush & toothpaste, etc. Bathroom was large enough & well lit, with a hair dryer.
SERVICE QUALITY: Front desk was helpful & check in was easy. Got the 1st floor as requested. Scheduled our shuttle (no charge) to the airport for the next day upon check in. One room key did not work, front desk fixed it promptly.
THE FOOD: A very nice breakfast was included with our stay. Fruit cereal, yogurts. Quite a few hot items also, srambeld eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits & gravy, has browns, & waffels, not the frozen ones either. Plenty of juices & coffee. Enough of food to get you going for the day:^) The girl incharge of the breakfast was also the shuttle driver, we were @ the airport in less than 10 minutes.
HOW'S THE POOL: Nice size pool, although we did not get in as it was about 30 degrees out side. Did take advantage of the hot tub it was a good size. Beware when you turn the jets on. They were so powerfull the water was bubbleing over the egde. Be sure to put your belonings up on the chairs so they dont get soaked. The hot tub is bascially enclosed & music is playing out ther also.
THE CLIENTEL: There was a small celebration of locals in one of the conference room. looked like a b-day party for an older woman. Mostly people of all ages were going to fly out of ABQ the next day.
OUTSIDE OF THE BW: There is a few restaurants within walking distance. We did not go to any of them.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW: Breakfast room did not have a lot of seating. So if your planning on leaving early, You should have someone in your party go over & check for open seats first. As soon as you land in ABQ call the hotel (we did the park & fly) & let them know you are ready to be collected. It took about 20 mins for the driver to arrive, after we got our bags.
When we fly out of ABQ we will be staying @ the Best Western again:) again the beds were sooo comfortable!
KNKTRAVELS