“Perfect way to end our U.S. visit”

Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was our last stop before returning home to Australia. It was very comfortable and friendly. The whole set-up was fine including a good choice of restaurants nearby. Great pool. At 80 years of age I had a problem with having no left but the staff took care of our luggage. We stayed three nights and left feeling completely content.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noneCorlette
BigMama02, Director of Sales at Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Albuquerque. Please Victoria personally to make your reservations

Reviewed 3 September 2010

Great area! Walking distance to restaurants, close to the airport, nice grounds around. evening manager's reception included hot dogs and hamburgers. Pool and spa were outdoors, very nice! Beds were pretty comfy. Room size was a little tight and bathroom was small.

The appearance was nice, BUT... don't look closely...Usually I'm not a picky person, but even I noticed that although initially the bathroom appeared clean, it wasn't. The shower head was covered with dirt, mildew, and icky pink (something)??. The floor of the bathroom appeared clean, but the grout was so dirty and mildewing. (The grout at the edges was light brown, but the grout in the middle of the floor was almost black). And all of the trash cans were unlined and dirty (I put in my own). TV channels were inadequate - mostly local network and HBO. Wifi was WIRED and slow. Exercise room was tiny and hot.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 September 2010

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor, We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know. We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to make a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused... If you should happen to travel through Albuquerque agian please call me directly. Victoria

Reviewed 1 September 2010

My daughter and I drove from Phoenix to East Texas to see my grandmother. Since my daughter was about to leave for her first year of college, we decided to make it a fun roadtrip. This Best Western was the best hotel stay of our entire trip! The beds were very comfortable, and the pool and hot tub a welcomed treat after a long day's drive. I really enjoyed listening to the music they play over the speakers while soaking in the hot tub at night. The grounds are beautiful and the room very clean. They do offer a hot breakfast, but I found the sausage and gravy to be SUPER salty (I couldn't eat it). The make your own waffles was nice though. We will definitely stay here again if we are ever traveling through Albuquerque again.

• Stayed: June 2010
Management response:Responded 2 September 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Albuquerque. Please call me personally to make reservations Victoria

Reviewed 28 August 2010

The beds were comfortable and the people were friendly. You can tell they put a lot of time in making sure that the guest feel comfortable there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Victoria

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Couldn't find anything about the hotel that was better than average. The room seemed clean until I looked at the shower head. Some kind of pink mold or something growing on it. And the electric outlet next to the sink didn't work. The hair dryer was plugged into the outlet but did not work, so I plugged in my phone charger and my pc charger, neither of which got any juice.

The breakfast looked good, but the scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuts & gravy were just barely warm, certainly not hot. With no microwave in sight, I asked the staff member who was restocking the area about the cold food. He offered to take it to the back to heat it up. I was just about ready to go to the nearby Village Inn for breakfast when he returned with my warmed up food. It was a nice layout, but in addition to not liking cold eggs, sausage, etc; I have some food safety concerns about their "hot" breakfast offering.

On the bright side, the bed was comfortable and the wifi was pretty good. The guest laundry consists of one washer and one dryer crammed into a small room with a bunch of exercise equipment, which I assume they either call a storage room or an exercise room. The W&D were both maxed out at 8 quarters.

Also on the bright side, they are running a special (thru Sept 30 I think) called the Boomer Special. If you're a baby boomer, your rate is the two-digit year of your birth. So if you were born in 1951 your rate would be $51.

Overall it's an average hotel with a few problems that could be easily fixed. When I go back to ABQ in a few months I may book my room there just to see if problems persist. If you can get a really good rate it might be worth a visit. But if you have to pay the full rack rate, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 31 August 2010

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.
We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to make a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. Please call me next time you travel through Albuquerque to give us one more try. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.
Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Victoria Lombardelli

Reviewed 20 August 2010

I was scheduled to meet my parents at the ABQ airport and drive to Grants, but due to several weather issues, I was severely delayed. My parents had stayed at this hotel the previous night, and the staff let them stay around the lobby the evening after they had checked out, even offering them drinks, until we knew I'd be very late. Then they were happy to book us into an upgraded room for the night, since it was too late to drive to Grants. It was a two bedroom jacuzzi suite. I was on a sofa bed, and it wasn't that comfortable. The regular bed was fine, though.
The breakfast was very nice, including eggs, make your own waffles, biscuits, along with the usual pastries and fruit.
In addition, the hotel gave us a "free upgrade certificate" to use for our next visit. My parents went back to the hotel at the end of the trip prior to their flight home, and used that certificate.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 31 August 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Albuquerque. Please call me personally to make your reservations
Victoria

Reviewed 16 August 2010

We booked this hotel for a very reasonable price on Hotels.com. Coming off of a 3 day camping trip, all I wanted was a hot shower and a nice bed to sleep in. I got both, though the shower drained really slowly so that was gross. If we were staying more than one night, I would've said something to the staff. The carpet felt old and dirty so I kept my shoes on.
I did enjoy the free hot breakfast, which was an incredible value. There was a waffle maker, toast, hot bar (eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy), yogurt, fruit, and cereal. Oh, and there's free WiFi -- it's slow but it works. If we were staying longer, the fridge and microwave would've been useful as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 31 August 2010

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, If you should ever travel back into Albuquerque for another camping trip or just to visit please call me personally. Best Western InnSuites Albuquerque strives to make every guest comfortable and accommodated. Victoria