“Best Western Hotel Castle Rock, CO”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Western Hotel Castle Rock, CO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel is probably one of the best of the Best Western. The hotel is modern and clean. There is a nice lobby with comfortable chairs. It has several floors and we were on the 4th. We had a mountain view. There is a nice laundry. The pillows are hard and lumpy like all the Best Western's. I bring my own pillow on trips. The air-conditioning unit blows right at you when you are sleeping, also a drawback to Best Western. The breakfast was the same old thing all the Best Westerns have. All in all, we would recommend this hotel as an upscale version of the Best Western chain.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

By far, not a 3 star!!! When does rustic translate into cheap? Staff is excellent. Received old, worn, shabby, grey towels that were once white. Mold/mildew smell. Bed is not a dream, more like a nightmare. Area a little on rough side. Definitely a 2 1/2 star.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
dos1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a good experience with us. We have reviewed our comments and have taken action to improve. Please accept our apology and know that we appreciate the feedback.
Albuquerque, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was very disappointed to find out that I had to pay to have breakfast at your hotel. I was given a voucher, but I still had to pay $5.00. In this modern area, it is very rare to come across a quality hotel that does not provide a free breakfast; AND I stayed at your hotel for business reason in the past, mandatory, and you provided light snacks during the social hour in your small bar area. I was looking forward to have a light dinner snack this time and nothing was provided. Overall, it looks like you are taking away some basic things that can make your hotel more enjoyable and financially motivate me to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We are glad to see an Albuquerque resident spend a night away from home and at our hotel. We do provide a happy hour and light snacks during the week as that is when the vast majority of our corporate guests travel for business. Our weekend guests are usually here for leisure and like to dine in Old Town and experience the atmosphere of the cantinas around the plaza.

Regarding a free breakfast and quality hotels, most if not all limited service hotels provide a complimentary breakfast. Although, we are part of the Best Western family, a brand associated with limited service hotels, we are actually a full-service hotel with a restaurant, bar, conference space and catering services. As you probably know, most full service hotels with restaurants do not offer a complimentary breakfast. Think of Albuquerque's full service hotels located in the downtown and uptown neighborhoods. I won't mention their names as they don't need the free advertising but they are all quality hotels with brands that command rates much higher than ours who do not provide a complimentary breakfast or complimentary parking (we do!) or complimentary Wi-Fi (we do!). We believe that $5 for a full hot meal cooked to order and served by our wait staff is a fair deal but we will continue to listen to our customers.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here on two different occasions and let me say both times were a treat! The staff was very accomodating and when we asked for a room change so we could watch our bikes it was gladly given.

The beds were amazing. Once I got into mine I never wanted to leave it. In fact we left a couple hours after originally planned just because of the comfy beds.

Second trip my group went to the resturaunt. It was really good. The salsa for the chips needs some work as it was a bit mild for us. They have a wide selection of food from Mexican to Italian and everyone was pleased with their orders. I believe our waiter Was Shannon and he did an outstanding job. We were a loud obnoxious group and he served us well. I had the big burrito and let me say I can see why it is a local favorite.

Thanks for a great stay looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the salsa being too mild but I believe they prepare it that way just to be on the safe side of the majority of folks' "heat' tolerance.
kyle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Best Western is a good hotel and I think that you get your monies worth. At the one in Albuquerque N.M. they didn't even offer morning breakfast. All the rest gave breakfast and it was great. Thanks Best Western

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Navajo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great place to stay. The staff is always professional and friendly, the accommodations are top rate, and the location to Old Town allows for many trips back and forth. Which means lots of shopping so bring your credit cards/checkbook. This was my second stay and I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind words and we're glad to hear that you will be back.
Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly for our late check-in. She was ready with all paperwork and helped us get to our room quickly. Room was very clean and beds were comfy. Lots of towels. the kids were able to easily connect to internet. I would skip the restaurant next time as the service was slow and food so-so.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sorry to hear about the restaurant service. Feel free to contact us and let us know if the slow service occurred during breakfast, lunch or dinner.