“Great Location, Clean and Comfortable Rooms, No complimentary breakfast”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed one night on business. Great location with good access to local restaurants in the Old Town as well as I-40. Hotel design was confusing and inconvenient as the front desk was pretty far from the room itself and required going outside the hotel to get there, although this might have been due to construction. Room was great, very clean and well-furnished and was quiet. Comfortable bed and pillows. I received a $5 breakfast/dinner voucher which was somewhat disappointing considering most Best Westerns provide complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You can definitely get to the lobby from any room without going outside. I would have quit a long time ago if I had to go outside in the Winter to deliver a pillow to a guest (not that I ever deliver pillows). The hotel building is an "L" shape with the lobby, restaurant and banquet space on one end of the "L" and the guest rooms running along the remaining part of that corridor and around to the far end of the other corridor. Having the majority of our sleeping rooms away from the public areas allows us to have conferences, wedding receptions and events without disturbing our guests. It also puts the majority of our sleeping rooms away from street/highway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I am a business traveler and am very picky about where I stay. I stayed at the Best Western Rio Grande Inn a few weeks ago. The location is fantastic. The southwestern décor is lovely. The room was very clean and very quiet, despite a large group of students from Australia that were staying at the hotel that evening. I was very impressed with the diverse selection of food on the restaurant menu, and equally impressed with the quality and of the food. Everything my co-worker and I ordered for dinner was just perfect. The next morning we met for a nice buffet breakfast before leaving. It was plentiful and delicious and it cost us nothing except a tip for the nice waitress who was very attentive. We were given breakfast vouchers but were NOT charged anything additional for the breakfast so I am not sure what William F in his recent review is talking about. The breakfast buffet hat hot foods and cold foods..as much as you wanted. And for such a very reasonable room price, the breakfast buffet at this hotel is generous and delicious. Maybe William F should stay at some of the other chains in this price range that give you cold everything or at most, some rubber eggs and toaster waffles! Bottom line this hotel is very reasonable, very clean, staff is great, and they have a restaurant with very good food and a full bar on premises.

Room Tip: Honestly, I believe the management at this hotel is top notch and pro-actively places its guests in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review and kind words. I understand Dallas had some really poor weather and severe issues with ice the last few days and I hope that you made it home without incident. Take care.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had a wonderful time with my family at Best Western PLUS Rio Grande Inn. We were all treated very well, everything was very clean and the service was phenomenal. The location was just where we wanted to be, right next to historic Albuquerque. The Restaurant was also fantastic, The food was very delicious and the service was great. Our waiter Frank was very polite and very well dressed. He made our dinner experience perfect. He was also very punctual and made our kids laugh, which was one hard thing to do! Next time we are in Albuquerque we will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Fourth Floor away from the freeway was perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. Isn't Frank a sharp dresser? I'm glad to hear that he took care of you and your family at dinner. He's a good guy who's been moonlighting at the Front Desk as well. If we can get him in housekeeping, he will be a triple threat.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We don't get to get out as often as we would like, but when we do, we like to enjoy where we stay. One thing we look for is a place that offers a breakfast. They said they did, but what they didn't tell us was that it was only a voucher to the restraunt on premises. So we ended up still having to put out more, because the voucher only paid about 2/3 of the cost. If you are going to tell me that you offer the meal then offer it, otherwise tell us that you offer only a voucher toward that meal. This would be more informative. We will not use this motel again. the Fairfield was honest and much better expirience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review, William. We do have a complimentary breakfast but we actually do not advertise it as it isn't the traditional buffet that is served at every economy hotel in the country. We are a full service hotel with a restaurant and have been for years. We were built long before all those cookie cutter 80 room hotels were built with breakfast areas. The $5 voucher we offer per adult/per night can be used for drinks in our bar, off your dinner menu, for something in our snack case or towards breakfast. We have a $5 breakfast menu that includes a 2-Egg Starter
(2 eggs any style, 2 strips of bacon or 2 sausage links, breakfast potato's & toast), Burque Breakfast Burrito (a large flour tortilla w/scrambled eggs, potato, and cheddar-jack cheese: topped with your choice red or green chill that is served w/ pinto beans), Heart Smart (a bowl of oatmeal or cereal served w/ a banana, 2% milk and wheat toast) Hot Cakes (3 buttermilk, whole grain or blueberry pancakes w/ maple syrup), and a few more selections... All served with coffee and juice. The servers let you substitute as well. You can choose any of those items and they are $5. No cost to you unless you feel the need to tip your server. Now, if your a hearty eater, you could order a steak an eggs or add on a bunch of sides and then you would be receiving $5 off your meal.

It sounds like their was a communication error because you do receive a complimentary breakfast meal at our hotel. If you contact me I am sure that we can figure out if it the communication failed at the front desk or in the restaurant and we can talk about how we can make it better.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Best Western Rio Grande has a Southwestern flair, and is within walking distance to Old Town and the museums. There is a restaurant downstairs that serves meals or snacks, a lounge/bar, exercise room with good fitness equipment, business center, pool, and nearby running trail. Starbucks and a terrific restaurant/winery are also across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that you liked our amenities and nearby attractions. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. Very close to shopping area & the guest service was outstanding! From the time of checking in with Kelly at the front desk who made the initiative to accomidate what would be best for our holiday stay to morning breakfast in the dining area with Christine and her hospitality made our stay superb! The only downfall we encountered during our stay was trouble with the pool & spa. Our main purpose was to stay somewhere with an indoor pool and the first night it did not work. :( I hope this will not be an issue in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa S
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the warm words regarding the service provided by Kelly and Christina. They do an excellent job for us. I'm sorry to hear that we had an issue with our pool or spa while you were here. We have not had any closures and I'm confidant that the Engineering Department handled any hiccups that occurred during your stay.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great location just off I-40 yet close to the old town. The rooms are quite comfortable with little or no highway noise. The attached restaurant serves fairly good food (though service left a bit to be desired.) Angelica at the lounge was quite friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that you were happy with our location, food and the quality of service provided by Angelica. I'm sorry that the service in the restaurant did not meet your expectations. It must have been an off day for the staff as they usually receive praise on their service.