“New Mexico is wonderful”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I hope that I can return to New Mexico for pleasure as a bussiness trip i did not have the time to explore. I shall return and stay at the Best Western Rio Grande Inn. The hotel was in the perfect location - If i would have had time i would have walked to Old Town and the surrounding areas. Everyone at the hotel were exteremely helpful and kind. I noticed not only business people but families also staying at the hotel. All the people that I encountered were very nice in New Mexico. And the weather was unusual but I loved it. I did need a coat one day but the remaining days were beautiful. I really like the Southwestern decor. I think that is what I liked most about the hotel. And the food was so good - I would return just for the food. I hope that someday I can return and when I return to New Mexico Albuquerque I plan on staying at the Best Western Rio Grande Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our beautiful state. I think it is a tremendous compliment that your experience on a business trip has made you want to come back and visit for pleasure. On behalf of the staff, we are very proud to provide you that level of service and will continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, clean, excellent dining room, free breakfast, close to Old Albuquerque, free van for ride to Old Albuquerque and to airport, attractive...what more could one ask! Oh yes, reasonable prices. Family and I have stayed several times and cannot recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words. There is always more to ask for and more we need to do to keep improving. We will continue to do so and to listen to our guest's suggestions. Have a safe trip back to PA.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The BW airport access to airport is very close. The room is nice and the bed is very comfortable. You have a free breakfast included which is good. Be on time. There is a Village Inn next to the hotel and they server very good food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for the review. It sounds like you are referring to the BW Airport hotel as we do not have a Village Inn restaurant near our hotel but a full service restaurant inside our inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and hope you choose Old Town the next time you stay in Albuquerque.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed recently and found it to be a good value and just as dependably good as it was 5 years ago. Great and helpful people on the desk night and day. I liked the discount for breakfast in their dinning room. Nice to have a real meal to start the day. I also like all the soft pillows on the bed. It seems like a very comfortable place to stay for a woman traveling alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the kinds words. I always like to hear that our service stays consistent. Especially after a five year span between visits. We hope to see you again much sooner than that and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on location (on edge of I-40; center of town; easy to leave town when traveling and close to Old Town). The location proved to be perfect and we were pleased with our stay. The hotel was very clean and newly remodeled but keep in mind the bones of the hotel are still old. The bathrooms are small and we could hear noise all night from the rooms next to us but we still considered it a good place to stay. The hotel is advertised as walking distance to Old Town but it's not an easy walk! It's a fairly good distance with wide busy streets to cross. We do not recommend this walk. We took advantage of the hotel's free shuttle. After spending time in Old Town we just called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up in less than 10 minutes. We returned to Old Town three times during our two day stay because of great restaurants, fun atmosphere and shopping. The hotel gives you a voucher that can be used for breakfast, or even dinner. All you need to pay is gratuity and your individual freshly cooked hot breakfast is delivered quickly. This was such a nice change from the standard free breakfast buffets. The staff was very friendly and were handed a nice Reward member bag with snacks and water when we checked in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the thorough review. I am glad you chose us because of our location and that our service and amenities ultimately made your decision a smart one.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent hotel! Staff goes out of their way to accommodate your every need. The rooms are clean and very adequate. Extremely close to all the "Old town" attractions. Free shuttle to the airport, train station and several ABQ attractions. The restaurant is very good also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind words. I know the staff will love to know that their efforts were appreciated. Happy Travels.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel's location, services, and helpful staff make this the best place to stay in the ABQ area. Hotel shuttle to airport and nearby attractions is a definite perk. Restaurant is open all day and will accommodate guests at any time. This hotel feels like my home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the positive comments. I appreciate all the compliments regarding our service, location and amenities. One small clarification: Our restaurant is open from 6am until 10pm daily. Of course, we have a refrigerator case with snack items for those guests who arrive very late and always have complimentary coffee available.