“No plus, no minus”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“No plus, no minus”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite average. The property is older, but is fairly well maintained. The staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable. I wouldn't let the plus trick you into believing this place is anything special. The location is convenient and seems to be safe. For the right price, I would consider staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I see what you did there with the whole pus, minus remark. Clever. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly, the rooms comfortable and the location convenient. Those are the three attributes of our property that we promote and I couldn't have said it better. Thanks and happy travels.

1 (505) 843-9500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Albuquerque. The rooms are very comfortable equipped with huge beds and everything you need.The hotel staff and service is awesome either. Only the pool is kind of small to go swimming but all in all we enjoyed a great stay in Albuquerque!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the kind review. I am sorry to hear the pool was a bit small for your liking but am always glad to hear that our staff provided great service and that our room was comfortable. I know New York is a long way but I hope that your travels bring you back to Albuquerque and our hotel.

Kirkland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Decor not my taste, but room clean and comfortable. Easy to get to/from I-40. Easy and close for access to bike trails, bosque, museums, botannical gardens, Tingley Beach and old town. Relatively quiet for good sleeping. Perfect for my purposes and great people at front desk. I also liked the fact there is a homey bar and a restaurant on the premises, so Sunday night I didn't have to strike out alone and find somewhere to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that our location, staff and bar/restaurant exceeded your expectations. I am sorry to hear that the décor was not your style but I hope that it felt authentic and reflective of New Mexico.

Colorado
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went on a family getaway for a few day to Albuquerque with out 7 year old and our 2 year old. The hotel was the perfect choice for us. It was in a safe area with walking distance to Old Town and the Albuquerque and Children's/Explora Museum. Many attractions were within a five to ten minute drive. A connection bike trail to the Paseo Del Bosque bike trail can be picked up just behind the hotel. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The pool was great (my kids really enjoyed that). The breakfast was good. It was served at the Albuquerque Bar and Grille (adjacent to the hotel) and we were give a five dollar voucher toward any meal or drink at their Zia Lounge. I will certainly recommend the hotel to others and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the thorough review. I am glad to hear that a family with young children enjoyed our accommodations and service. Sometimes I worry that the Old Town name may scare away younger families when there is plenty to do in the area. I couldn't say it any better than you did and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Good hotel chosen by our Travel Company. Very near the the old town and all facilities. We found the Rio Grande too far to walk from the hotel, but the wonderful old town more than made up for that slight disappointment.

Room Tip: Our room on third floor was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that your travel agency recommended our hotel and that it exceeded your expectations. I'm sorry that you felt the walk to Old Town was a bit long but I hope you took advantage of our courtesy shuttle that operates from 7am until 10pm.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I always come and stay for a quick get away. I love the decor and the great smile and service I always get from krishna she's my favorite bartender and server here. She always has a warm welcome back for me. This hands down is the best best western I've stayed at. Don't pass by this hotel is one of the great ones.

• Stayed May 2014
dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for the warm regards for Krishna. She is a valued part of our team and has been with us for many years. We will share your thoughts with her as we know she will appreciate that her efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I hope that I can return to New Mexico for pleasure as a bussiness trip i did not have the time to explore. I shall return and stay at the Best Western Rio Grande Inn. The hotel was in the perfect location - If i would have had time i would have walked to Old Town and the surrounding areas. Everyone at the hotel were exteremely helpful and kind. I noticed not only business people but families also staying at the hotel. All the people that I encountered were very nice in New Mexico. And the weather was unusual but I loved it. I did need a coat one day but the remaining days were beautiful. I really like the Southwestern decor. I think that is what I liked most about the hotel. And the food was so good - I would return just for the food. I hope that someday I can return and when I return to New Mexico Albuquerque I plan on staying at the Best Western Rio Grande Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our beautiful state. I think it is a tremendous compliment that your experience on a business trip has made you want to come back and visit for pleasure. On behalf of the staff, we are very proud to provide you that level of service and will continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you soon.