“Comfortable and clean”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #14 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an unsophisticated hotel but very clean and comfortable. Indeed I had the best night's sleep of my holiday here. It has free WiFi and a coffee-maker which are always welcome and not always present in even some of the larger city hotels. There is a bit of a walk into the old town but can be done relatively easily

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndrekTA
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We do also provide a courtesy shuttle that can take you to old town and pick you back up that run from 7am-10pm. Continue to have happy travels and we hope the next time your in the area you will stop again.

1 (505) 843-9500

Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel was nicely decorated and the staff was super. Our waiter remembered our ordered on our second day. We got vouchers to get a hot breakfast. The pool is outdoors and was very nice. The bed was great and the room clean.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third and fourth floors have better views and tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that our location was convenient, staff helpful and amenities appealing. Thanks, again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Was traveling through the Albuqirque NM and stayed at Best Western. Clean room. Door cards didn't work well and had to have them changed out, otherwise was a very nice over night stay. Breakfast was great. Internet was strong and useful. Direct TV was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for the kind words. I apologize for the door situation. I know the staff will love to know that their efforts were appreciated. Happy Travels.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with this BW. Our room was clean and spacious and we had a little character made out of washcloths on our bed that my kids thought was neat. The front desk staff was gracious and the restaurant was nice for breakfast. The food was good and just enough for my family of four. The great part was that it was in walking distance of Old Town.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that our location, staff and bar/restaurant exceeded your expectations. The duck is a great little decoration that our housekeeping does. I'm happy that the four of you enjoyed your stay. You know where to stop if you ever come through Albuquerque again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed at this BW numerous times over the past 8 years or so. This is the first time in about two years that we stopped here. This was originally my favorite BW. Not anymore. We arrived on a very windy day. Since New Mexico is in the middle of a draught, the air was laden with dust. We were given a room right near one of the entrances from the parking lot. The first sign of trouble was my key card would not allow me entry into the building. Another guest had to let me in. The key card didn't work on the room either. So, I had to drop what I was carrying, prop the entry door open and tell my husband, who was waiting in the very dusty wind at the car trunk to carry our baggage in, that I had to get another key card. Out of the two second-batch cards, only one would work. Another trip to the front desk. During our stay, one of these key cards never did work. After finally getting settled in the room, we went to the on-site restaurant. This was another let down. Terrible food. Had to remind my server of things we had ordered but not received. Then upon return to the room, we had to listen to the rattle of our room door as people used the entry way into the parking lot. The clerks were very apologetic and sent a handyman to see if the problem could be fixed. However, after staying at another BW the night before with the new key cards that do not have to be inserted in a slot, I was terribly disappointed. I just hope they somehow put some kind of rattle proof around the room doors near the entryways and change to the new locking system. Their restaurant really needs new management and cooks. Would probably look elsewhere to stay in that area because of these problems.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review and sharing your thoughts on our hotel. We are aware that we had issues with the keys and had it fixed that night as soon as it was brought to our attention. It is disheartening to hear that we failed to meet your expectations, especially on the service side. I know we have already reached out to you through your similar review to Best Western and I hope that we can connect so that you may have a better understanding of the level of service we try to provide.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights on our route 66 road trip. Very good location, handy for the old town, and all locations we wanted to visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool, although small was handy for a dip and lie in sun after a day exploring. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone travelling. Good breakfast too to start the day. Another well equipped Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your route 66 trip.I am sorry to hear the pool was a bit small for your liking but am always glad to hear that our staff provided great service. We stride to be the best. I hope that your travels bring you back to Albuquerque and our hotel. Thank you again for recommending us to other travelers.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite average. The property is older, but is fairly well maintained. The staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable. I wouldn't let the plus trick you into believing this place is anything special. The location is convenient and seems to be safe. For the right price, I would consider staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I see what you did there with the whole pus, minus remark. Clever. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly, the rooms comfortable and the location convenient. Those are the three attributes of our property that we promote and I couldn't have said it better. Thanks and happy travels.