“Best Western Rio Grande Inn, ABQ”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 15 July 2014

For my money, this is the best place going in ABQ. My wife and I have stayed here three times and have found the staff to be particularly helpful and the rooms quite comfortable. Highly recommend a visit to the nearby Old Town Albuquerque and lunch or dinner at the St Clair Winery & Bistro next door.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for the kind words and nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us again. We appreciate you coming back and giving us your business. Thank you for the recommendations. The Bistro is a good choice and real close to us. Hope to see you the next time you are in our area. Have a safe trip back to VA.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rated 7 due to no microwave in the room and the excessive PET FEE. $20 per stay would be excellent for our VERY SMALL Poodle. $20 per night would definitely give me the idea I need to go back the Albuquerque Airport Best Western that charge $20 per visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. Sorry for having no microwave in your room. We do provide microwaves just have to let the front desk know and we can have one put in there. I do also apologize for the pet pee issue. We take guest suggestions serious and I will make sure to address the department that handles the pet fee to see if we can make that change. Thank you again. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel rooms are nice and clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel staff are very friendly and is a nice place to stay. However as soon as we get to the restaurant the service was shocking and the food was cold considering the amount of time we had to wait for the food. Even with the food vouchers I would stay away from the restaurant. So to summarise the hotel rooms are nice but avoid the restaurant at a costs.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ssmalley74
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for the thorough review. I glad to hear that everything went well with my staff at the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you were comfortable with the rooms. Sorry to hear about the issues that you had with the restaurant I will make sure to inform the restaurant supervisor of them. Hope that you will stay with us the next time you're in the Albuquerque area though. Happy travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms are nice. Staff are polite and friendly. Location is ok. I've only had breakfast and that was appalling! Service for orange juice was 15 mins! Waitress was not bothered about us! The breakfast took 45 mins and was wrong, bits of the breakfast where not cooked and the other bits where cold! Stay here but don't eat here!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Steven C

Thank you for the review. I'm happy to hear that my staff with the hotel were polite and friendly. I do apologize for the service with the restaurant. I will make sure to talk to the restaurant staff and inform their supervisor of the things that need to be addressed. I do hope that the next time you are in the area that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

the room was very clean, bed was very comfortable, air conditioning worked well, bathroom was a little cramped. We ordered room service from the bar and grille and the food was excellent. Salads were nice and cool; meats were hot. Getting the little paper packets of salt and pepper with plastic wrapped flatware was a little weird. Hard to eat a steak with a plastic knife and fork.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the type of silverware that we provided you with. I totally understand. I will make sure that all room services are provided with non plastic silverware. Hope you have a safe trip back to Santa Fe. Come back and visit some other time.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just off I-40, the hotel was on the border of Old Town and very conveniently located to area attractions and dining. My daughter and I appreciated the attention to detail in the room decor and the washcloth bird that greeted us upon arrival. We had requested the top floor (4th floor), in order to avoid undue noise, and enjoyed a great view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for all the kind words. Couldn't say it any better. Glad you and your daughter liked our décor. It goes perfect with where we are located. Happy to hear that you had great accommodations. Hope next time you are in the Albuquerque area that you come and visit us again. Happy travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, beautiful, spacious room. Pool area very nice. Breakfast was good. A comfortable walk to Old Town and{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
} close by winery. A great place to stay and easy to get to. We will be back next time we are in Alburquerque .

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that my staff was helpful and friendly. Just as expected. Have a safe and happy travels back to Texas. Hope to see you soon.