“Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Good place for business and family.
Nice clean very southwestern hotel.
Pool is perfect in the 100 degree heat.
Very friendly staff. The little restraunt is good. Nice to have Starbucks next door.
Price is right. Close to old town shops to make a visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
dos1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for the review. Couldn't say it any better. Next time your'e back in Albuquerque hope to have you again. Happy travels.

1 (505) 843-9500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Checked in went ok. Pool was full of leaves and a candy wrapper. To the hotel's credit they had 2 men skim the pool until it was cleaned up. Hot tub was way to hot. We have a hot tub at home and definitely don't keep it this hot in the summer. Had to be 103 at least. Nobody could stay in for long. Had dinner at the hotel restaurant since it was raining out and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was and very reasonable. Used the vouchers for breakfast both days and must say this is much better than the usual hotel buffets. The restaurant was packed the first morning but they have plenty of tables. Felt sorry for the overworked waitress's. Our biggest problem and why we deducted a star was that the sheets were not changed while we were there. They have a little sign you are suppose to put on the bed if you "don't" want your sheets changed. We did not put the sign on the bed. The reason we know and the reason we wanted the sheets changed was that my wife had found a small stain (looked like blood) on the far corner of the sheet. After the room was cleaned the stain was still there. What's the purpose of having the little sign if you're not going to change the sheets anyway? The staff were all very pleasant. Bed was a bit too soft but have had worst. Location next to old town is excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobby1436
Thank you for the thorough review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the restaurant in house. Sorry to hear that your sheets weren't changed as requested during your stay. I will make sure to inform the head of that department so it doesn't happen again. I'm happy to hear everything else went well with your stay and to hear that my staff were pleasant. Thank you again and happy travels.

Bloomfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have stayed here frequently for conferences at Hotel Albuquerque. Great service, friendly, accommodating, easy access to Old Town and all of ABQ via I-40. Restaurant is great for breakfast and Krishna took great care of us!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind review for our hotel. I'm happy to hear that everything went well for you again. I will make sure to let Krishna knows of the great work she provides for us. Hope to see you soon. Happy travels.

La Crescenta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this wonderful Best Western is very close to the Albuquerque Sunport (airport) and also close to Olde Towne. A must is The Old Church of San Felipe. It was built in 1706! The hotel pool and jacuzzi are very clean and relaxing. The hotel is safe and secure and the view of the Sandias Mountains is breathtaking from the 4th floor. The staff is friendly and they keep the hotel very very clean. This is extremely important when traveling with a small child. Plenty of museums and a nice park near the Olde Towne area. One of the oldest communities in the United States. There is also a Starbucks inside an old church nearby. The only problem we had was we were given 'breakfast vouchers' for $5 off.
How outdated is that? Where is the free continental breakfast that every other hotel offers? Overall , a very nice stay. We will stay again at the return trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. Glad to hear everything went well with the hotel stay. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't think the breakfast option was a good one for you and your family. Have a safe trip to your next destination.

Mexico, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel was wonderful with easy access to the freeway. The pool was fabulous for kids! My grandson played with other children for hours. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Comfortable room, nice decor and pleasingly quiet. I would certainly stay again. The breakfast room was pleasing, although the wait staff had to scramble because of being short staffed. I recommend the Lox and Bagel (too much for one person but nibble on it later!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy to hear everything went well for you and your family with the comfort and staff of our hotel. The pool is always a great plus especially for the children. Hope to see you the next time your in our area. Happy travels.

McIntosh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate, the bed super comfy. No microwave in the room, but has a fridge, iron and hair dryer. Even though the hotel is right off the interstate there is no traffic noise. The parking lot is gated and locked at night so your vehicle is secure. I have stayed at this hotel three times now and the ONLY complaint I have is the lack of a breakfast buffet. You have to order from an onsite restaurant (which you receive a $5.00 per guest voucher for a meal). Each time I hope the restaurant will get better, but I would HIGHLY advise to just toss the voucher and go get a good meal somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. I will make sure to let my staff know that they are appreciated for their great service. I'm sorry to hear that the breakfast wasn't a great option for you and your family. I will make sure to let the department that handles that know of your concerns and advice. Thank you again and have a safe trip back to your destination.

Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

As far as location (proximity to I-40 and Old Town Albuquerque) and accommodations (well-appointed room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom), I was prepared to give this room an "Excellent" rating. Additionally, we were given vouchers for a sit-down breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next day which was unexpected. I thought that was "icing on the cake"! The disappointment for me and my family was the very slow breakfast service. I don't think it was because the servers didn't care so much, as implied in some reviews, but because the restaurant was understaffed. I think there were only 2-3 servers waiting on a huge roomful of people. It was so slow we contemplated leaving before our order came and I personally saw another family at a nearby table leave without having eaten. When my family's food arrived, we realized that one family member's order didn't come with the rest, so after the long wait, we had to wait some more before she got her food. The breakfast was good but am not sure if it was worth the wait. I think anyone not in a hurry in the morning would not mind eating here, but if you're on a schedule and need to be somewhere at a certain time, you may be better off eating somewhere else.

Also a smile from the lobby receptionist would have been much-welcomed after a long day of travelling. The lady who checked us in did it quickly but again, smiling to her guests would have been appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your thorough review. I'm sorry to hear that a welcoming smile didn't greet you and your family after a long days travel. I know that can always be a great thing to see. I also apologize for the slow service the restaurant provided I will make sure we can improve in those departments. I am happy to hear that everything else went great. Hope you continue to have great travels.