“Clean, good service”

Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tucson
“Clean, good service”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work and found it to be clean and well priced. The customer service was good too. I had to have boxes delivered prior to arrival and they took good care of them. Free breakfast was a plus. Also well located for jumping on and off the freeway.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We pride ourselves on our service and amenities, and are happy to see when we have successfully delivered on both. Thank you for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites and for telling us about your stay. We look forward to serving you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Norfork, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were with a bus trip going to the balloon festival, so we had no choice in the hotel. We would not have chosen this hotel if we were traveling alone. The staff did not look too professional and the place was not very clean. The bar tender never smiled and seemed like he hated his job (even though our group tipped him well). We had a very bad location for our room. We were by the exit doors near the interstate, so we had lots of noise from the road and from the people entering and exiting. they did have a good breakfast here, even though we mostly just eat oatmeal. We did not mention this to the hotel or our guide, as this was our 1st trip with our bank tours and didn't want to be labeled complainers.

Room Tip: choose one at another hotel if possible! or at least not by the highway or doors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque. We apologize for the number of issues that did not meet with your expectations and assure you that we will take action regarding as many items as we are able.

We are currently in the process of updating our uniforms to present a more polished image to our clientele, and have instituted a deep cleaning program for all areas of the hotel to address any cleanliness issues. The bartender to whom you referred is no longer employed with us and our current bartender is an extremely friendly individual who enjoys her work here. We can only apologize for the placement of your room, as we have less control over room placement when our hotel is full. We can only assure you that we strive to meet our guests' requests as we are able given our currently available room inventory any given night.

We appreciate your feedback here, and only wish that you had felt comfortable in bringing these items to our attention during your stay so we might have been able to rectify some of the issues you experienced. We view all of our guests' complaints as valid and are happy to have the opportunity to improve your experience should you have any complaint. We hope you might give us another chance to do so should you visit Albuquerque again and invite you to contact us directly so we can provide you with the Clubhouse Inn & Suites VIP experience during your stay. Thank you once more for telling us about your stay. We look forward to serving you again!
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

excellent location for our travels and close to freeway. Clean spacious and friendly staff.
We were on a road trip and returned for a couple of nights and were upgraded to a king suite.
With breakfast included this hotel is excellent value for money would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our friendly service and ample complimentary breakfast offering. We appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel and look forward to serving you again!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Clean spacious room at a great price, comfortable distance from the airport and close enough to I-25. Overall well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The free shuttle service is a bonus if you dont want to drive to nearby shopping and restaurants. Overall, we were all pleased for the time spent there. Its not a five star hotel but its comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We enjoy reading about our guests' experiences at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, especially when, as in your case, our guests enjoyed their stay so thoroughly. Thank you for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 12 October 2013

In Albuquerque for work and glad I found ClubHouse especially with the area hotels being more full than usual cuz of the Balloon Festival.

I would say ClubHouse is in between of a hotel and motel. I came in knowing that it wouldn't have all the amenities of a 4-star hotel so I am not at all disappointed.

Pros:
-The hotel is located right next to a highway, but it's quiet enough that you barely notice the traffic.
-My room appeared clean and it was spacious, especially given that I was only here for 2 nights and didn't need much.
-The bed and bedding are comfortable, but I did coming in not expecting luxury bedding.
-The room is kept at a good temperature without any AC on in the room. I was afraid that I was going to be freezing at night since the temperatures dropped into the 30s and the comforter on the bed seemed a little thin, but I was perfectly warm through the night.
-The breakfast served is fresh, and yes, as someone else already mentioned, the green chili stew is pretty awesome. I love it when hotels offer their local specialties for breakfast, let alone for free!
-Free wifi. It worked fine while I stayed there so no complaints.
-And the biggest pro is that the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to places within a 5-mile radius. I didn't rent a car while I was here and relied on the shuttle to quite a few places. The staff driving the shuttle were also super cool and made the experience so much better! The staff is so good that I would recommend management giving them a raise!

Now onto the not so glowing stuff:
-The shower pressure was a bit weak and with some holes in the shower head were non-functioning.
-The microwave is situated in front of the bed and has a really bright display, so I had to cover the display with a towel at night so I wasn't bothered by the light.

The hotel also has an outdoor pool, but I didn't check it out. There are also grills outside that I assume are for guests to use.

Overall, the stay more than exceeded my expectations and I will definitely consider staying at ClubHouse if I'm ever in town again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We're glad to see that you appreciated all that the Clubhouse Inn & Suites has to offer! Thank you for telling us that your shower and microwave weren't quite the amenities you expected. We'll take your feedback into consideration when implementing our preventive maintenance program and we will look into finding a location for the microwave that isn't quite so intrusive in terms of light pollution. Thank you very much for telling us about your stay and thank you for staying at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!
Alto, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a very nice room on the main level with sliding glass doors to the patio/pool area. The inn is in a great location, very close to I-25, but without the noise, and just a short distance from lots of shopping, restaurants, etc. It is a well-maintained inn and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. A good breakfast is offered every day, and the area is bright and spacious. There is a computer for guests to use, which is very convenient for printing boarding passes. I had some trouble with the printer, so in the end, the front desk attendant printed them for me. Since we were traveling by air from Albuquerque, the staff let us park our vehicle for several days in their lot and shuffled us to and from the airport--a very nice bonus. We travel to Albuquerque often, and we will definitely stay again at Clubhouse Inn & Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque. We enjoy reading about our guests' positive experiences at our hotel. We appreciate that elected to stay at our hotel during your visit to Albuquerque and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Manhattan, Kansas, USA
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A lot of bonus for this small hotel including pool, jacuzzi, free evening drinks, free breakfast, free internet, and free airport shuttle. the shuttle also take you to anywhere in the 5 miles radius for free. I stayed in a very spacious 2 queen bed room and very enjoy it. All of my friends who were stayed at other hotels in downtown to attend the same event that I was there for were jealous with me for scoring the hotel at great price (through hotwire,com) and get everything I needed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you very much for posting such a favorable review of our hotel! We appreciate when our guests tell us how much they enjoyed their stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!