“Truckers favorite for a reason”

Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Los Angeles, California
“Truckers favorite for a reason”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's not difficult to see why this is a favorite among truckers. The price of a night's stay is reasonable, and the location very central for people passing through Albuquerque. Breakfast is way more generous than what you would expect. They have real sausages, waffle machines, blueberry muffins and more. The staff is very friendly, and the property is well kept. However, the carpet has seen better days, and the walls are a little thin. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. Whatever downfalls this property has, to me the breakfast more than made up for it. Note that they don't have elevators or escalators. If you are traveling with someone with mobility issue, ask for a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Note that they don't have elevators or escalators. If you are traveling with someone with mobil...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Timothy H, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear dontbullyme,

Thank you for your thorough and favorable review of the ClubHouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque. We are pleased to see that our ample breakfast and friendly staff made a positive impression on you during your stay. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to serving you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought my room was very big, but I don't think the space was utilized well. There was a lot of open area in the room that just seemed pointless. I suppose if you're traveling with a family it would be great. It was a nice room, but I thought the TV was small (compared to the room). Wifi was very easy to access.I arrived too late to take advantage of the free drinks they offered me at the bar, but I thought it was a very cool touch. My room didn't have a refrigerator which was slightly disappointing, but I got a great deal on the room so I don't have much room to complain.

The jacuzzi wasn't working when I got there, which was unfortunate. I thought the pool area was very pretty but I think it should have been open until at least 11 pm. The hotel layout can be slightly disorienting at first, but it is a gorgeous hotel. I didn't see any elevators to the higher floor. Parking lots around the building were well lit and I could park in a place where I could see my car from my room which I liked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Laura G,

We appreciate that you took the time to share an honest, thoughtful review of the ClubHouse Inn & Suites. We are pleased to see that you took note of a variety of our amenities, and would like to let you know that we plan to introduce refrigerators and microwaves into all of our rooms by the end of the year. We believe that our hotel is an extreme value, especially when one takes all of our features into account. Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This property is off the beaten path. The rooms have all been updated with nice furniture, TV's and the bathrooms have all been retiled in a very professional manner. There is a small very nice pool area with gas grills where guests are encouraged to cook out.
There is a complimentary manager's reception with mixed drinks, beer and wine.
The breakfast buffet in the morning is over the top.
Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy H, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear KimInJax,

Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque! We are pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of so many of our amenities, especially our outdoor features now that pleasant spring weather has arrived in Albuquerque. We hope you'll elect to stay at our hotel when next you are in Albuquerque and we look forward to serving you again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We work out of town quite a bit and when we come here we always stay at the club house. Last time we came and a woman named misty was the bartender and she was fun but some times a little grumpy. The new bartender/chef Ron Belotti is way cool. He was running around making food and drinks like a mad man! He makes the best Long Island iced tea I have ever had and the zombie drink is to die for! He made the week and a half stay worth it. The staff was all nice, the rooms definitely need an update. I had a big stain on my floor and said something to the front desk and they had someone come right up and try to get it out.... Unfortunately it didn't come all the way out just kinda dulled it more. TIME FOR NEW FLOORING! Other than that it was a good place to stay and will come back for sure. Thank you guys!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Timothy H, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Shawn W,

We thank you for your continued patronage of the ClubHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, and for your review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We are excited to see that you enjoy staying with us and that you, too, recognize our Bartender, Ron, as an exemplary employee at our hotel.

We also appreciate your feedback regarding our rooms and our carpeting, in particular. We already have plans to replace the carpet in our rooms along with other updates over the next year. We hope you will visit us again to enjoy the changes as they occur.

Thank you once more for staying at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, and thank you for telling us about your stay. We look forward to serving you again!
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I got a Hotwire reservation at this hotel, and the pictures made it look like a great place to stay. So did the majority of Trip Advisor reviews. The location of the hotel is wonderful - right off I-25 and about 12 minutes from the airport. The lobby is nice, and the breakfast was quite good. The people working at the front desk were very nice and helpful (though one will understand why I gave the hotel only 3 out of 5 for service in a moment).

There were, though, things about the hotel my wife and I did not like. The refrigerator in our second room - more on that in a moment - let out a high-pitched noise that required me to unplug it. The towels were worn, dingy, and rough. The carpets in the rooms looked like they needed cleaning or replacement. The beds are not very comfortable, and in our first room the lamp shade and chair were ripped. Most seriously, on the second night of our stay, there was in our room an awful odor that smelled like a sewer backing up. A maintenance worker came to the room and said he'd look into the situation and contact us; he never did. We left for the day and came back to find the smell was still there, so the person at the front desk moved us to another room. Suffice it to say that I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Scott K,

We appreciate that chose to share about your experience at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque, and that you chose to stay at our hotel while you were in Albuquerque.

While we are pleased to see that you appreciated our location, lobby, and breakfast, we are disappointed that our service, room cleanliness, and room condition were not up to your standards. We will most certainly address the issues with our service, which was atypical of our culture at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites. We admittedly require some updates in certain areas of the hotel, and we have plans to update our in-room carpeting and appliances over the next year.

We hope that you might give us the opportunity to improve on your experience when next you visit the Albuquerque area. Please contact us directly and ask for the Front Office Manager or General Manager, and we assure you that you will be pleased with your stay. Thank you once more for staying with us, and for giving us the opportunity to improve through your feedback. We look forward to serving you again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great get away. Wonderful Happy Hour.
My new favorite drink - Blue Motorcycle.
Rooms were nice and clean and the staff was
friendly and efficient.
Loved the popcorn at happy hour.
Highly recommended. Nice central location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear vwitten,

We appreciate that you took the time to post a review of your most recent stay that the ClubHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! We always hope that our combination of value, amenities, and service strike a chord with our guests, and we're happy that you especially enjoyed our nightly drink reception. Thank you once more for your review and thank you for staying at the ClubHouse Inn & Suites. We look forward to serving you again!
Brookston
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very nice place to stay and very reasonable. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Easy access to interstate and well lit parking lots. Nice secluded courtyard swimmimg pool, with plenty of shaded areas. Excellent complimentary, all you can eat buffet breakfast. Enjoyed my stay! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mgwds1
Timothy H, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear mgwds1,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the ClubHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque on TripAdvisor! We appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel during your time in Albuquerque, and that you enjoyed our beautiful courtyard swimming pool, hot complimentary breakfast, and friendly service during your stay. We hope you will consider us again when next you return to Albuquerque, and look forward to serving you again!