“Close to airport but not worth it”

Ramada Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Leesburg, Florida
“Close to airport but not worth it”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I selected this room because of the location and price.

Our ac was so loud we could not sleep or hear the tv.

The carpet and chairs are very dirty.

The wifi keeps cutting in and out

The breakfast was good , and the room has a fridge, single serve coffee pot , and microwave .

The ice machine was broken on our floor so had to go to second floor to get it

The pool is big enough for 4 people , and a car of locals drove up and got in the pool with food and drink !

All in all if u have to save on your hotel bill this is the place , otherwise find someplace else

Room Tip: Not sure there are any
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 12 July 2013

TMy wife and I enjoyed a clean, comfortable,and large room for a is price.We got a great nights sleep and then enjoyed a great breakfast the next morning.We would gladly stay there again.The shower had plenty of hot water and they supplied everything we needed such as shampoo.

• Stayed July 2013
Newport Beach
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The accomodations at Ramada in Albuquerque airport are acceptable but you get what you pay for. This is not a 5 star hotel and therefore you will not get 5 star accomodations. The bed is comfortable and the room is large. The night I was there it was quiet and there were no incidents.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Mount Pleasant, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I chose this motel from a coupon book found at a rest stop. I knew I was taking a chance but needed a place close to the airport without spending a lot of money. My past experience with the coupon books has always been "sorry we don't have any of those rooms available." To my surprise Ramada did have one available at the coupon price and even more to my surprise was that the motel was very large, clean, close to restaurants and the airport. Average breakfast. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Santa Fe
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Ramada is one of two dozen motels clustered near ABQ. This hotes offers many room amenities, coffee maker, iron, microwave, small fridge, and a hot breakfast in the lobby. TV is old, but OK; A/C is noisy. Room is large, spartanly furnished. ABQ is 1/2 mile away, and can be walked if shuttle van is inconvenient. AAA, AARP and Senior discounts available, as well as at HotelCoupons.com.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Troy, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Good value for the price, close to the airport as well which is nice if you have an early morning flight. It is between a Waffle House and a Village Inn which is really nice as well. Bring your own pillow if you don't like really soft pillows. The A/C was noisier than I would have liked, but I think that is because they are older units.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kirtland, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

BUGS (ROACHES) BY THE POOL AND JACUZZI at night. Rooms are not as clean as you think, we found a used condom / wrapper and a quarter between the night stand and bed!!!!
MANAGEMENT CAN NOT BE REACH!!! Try to speak with management since Friday night!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Anthony W, General Manager at Ramada Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Guest,

First I would like to say that I was alerted to your stay on Monday June 10th, and when told by my staff that you were extremely aggravated by bugs by the pool and hot tube I was certainly confused by that. We have an outdoor pool and Hot tube and the fact that it is outside is the reason why there are bugs. We cannot control the bug population outside the hotel, my job along with my staff is to ensure that there are no bugs in guest rooms and the breakfast area, these are my concerns. Your other issue with the hotel is that you found a used condom wrapper in the room by the bed when you dropped your phone, (did you happen to take a picture with your phone) although I cannot say one way or another if that is true or not I would have to say that I have a hard time believing your story. These are the reasons why: The last time that room was rented was on the 26th of May, my Executive Housekeeper goes into every room and thoroughly inspects to make sure that the rooms are as they should be and I have never had any issues and we constantly get guest reviews saying that though our rooms are outdated a bit they are always clean. Lastly based on your first claim about the bugs by the pool I have a hard time believing that you found anything in your room. I would also like to address your claim that you have not spoken to management, this is also confusing to me you in fact talked with my Front Office Manager Charlene on multiple occasions Monday June 10th you stopped by the hotel and talked with her and Wednesday June 12th you called here and spoke with her, demanding to be compensated for your stay, I know for a fact you were going to be staying for two nights and prepaid for two nights in cash and when you saw the bugs by the pool you no longer wanted to stay the two nights and demanded your money back from my front desk agent when they only gave you back one night, I believe you made up a story to be compensated for your whole stay.

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels