“Don't waste your money on this dump”
Review of Rodeway Inn East

Rodeway Inn East
Ranked #77 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a place for one night in Albuquerque and this hotel was right off of I-40. Check in went well then the nightmare began. When we arrived in our room we were greeted by a bathroom full of dead cockroaches. Well at least they were dead. The bathroom mirror was hung at waste height, so if your 3' tall that might not bother you. I went to the front desk to ask where they kept there pool towels and was told they didn't have pool towels. She told me to use the room towels. After telling her that we only had two room towels and we were not going to use the towels we use at the pool to shower afterward she agreed to give us two additional towels for use at the pool. When we arrived at the pool it was under filled so the skimmers were not able to clean the Atwater so my husband had to clean the pool surface before we could enter it. When we arrived back at room the towel rack fell off the wall when I tried to hang up my towel. Then when we went to lay down we found three, small pillows (throw pillow size) on our kingsized bed. In the morning, even though there us a small kitchen and coffee pot. There was no coffee. Also there is no hair dryer, iron or ironing board. What a disappointment!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MelodyMc1852
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear MelodyMc1852,

Thank you for your recent review of this Rodeway Inn East hotel. I would like to apologize on the behalf of our staff for failing to meet your and our hotels expectations of cleanliness. I want you to know that we do live up to higher standards, and that this situation has been addressed with all of our housekeeping staff. However, despite our hours of operations, we still have someone on staff to assist all our guests, and we are always happy to address any issues immediately in order to correct them. My apologies and I hope you will give us another opportunity to offer the superior service we have been able to give many others.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Traveling thru Albuquerque and stayed at Rodeway Inn East. For a lil more than fourty bucks it was clean, comfortable and good enough. Pool and jacuzzi were Excellent! I will be back and defintely recommend....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel K
Rodeway I, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Daniel K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Rodeway Inn Hotel. I am pleased that you had a great stay and we met your needs.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay over there. Stayed one night. Cleanliness very good. Large room. All the amenities you can think of. Refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, etc. Large spread for Breakfast and a very nice outdoor pool. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Downstairs better rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefany T,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my first Tripadvisor review; I feel compelled to write it, as I stayed in the ABQ Rodeway Inn East last night. From the Tripadvisor reviews that I read before booking this place, I could swear that I ended up staying in a different motel from the one that the other reviewers are writing about.

The check in process was lengthy, taking about 20 minutes, and this well after midnight. I was given a room in the 400-block, on the upper floor, and immediately asked for another room, as the first that I was given reeked of cigarette smoke. The second was not much better, and was dirtier than the places that I usually stay. There were cigarette burns on the bedspread, floors, and furniture. The carpet by the small refrigerator was rotting, and when I opened the door to the fridge the odor almost knocked me over. The electrical outlets were missing cover plates in one case.

By this time it was well after 1 a.m. The place was quiet, at least. There was also an on-site security guard that seemed alert and very aware of what was going on at the place (I had a couple of conversations with him). Being too tired to drive home, I decided to stay. The evening was uneventful, albeit fragrant. The breakfast spread was uninspiring.

I've had cleaner rooms for the same price at the Motel 6 near Paseo del Norte. The polite, courteous security person is a plus. The lobby was in nice, clean condition, but the rooms do not match it. Nor did the two rooms that I was in match the photos on an LCD screen in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Waffles M
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I would like to apologize on the behalf of our staff for failing to met your and our hotels expectations of cleanliness. I want you to know that this situation has been addressed with all our housekeeping staff. However despite our hours of operations we still have someone on staff to assist all our guests needs and we are always happy to address any issues immediately in order to correct them. Our apologies and I hope you will give us another opportunity to offer the superior service we have been able to give many others

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It's close to the Sandia Peak Ski, Coronado Mall Center and University of New Mexico. The staff was pretty friendly and the rooms are cozy and clean. It's not an expensive hotel, so you get what you pay for as far as the facilities goes. I would definitely stay there again. The outdoor pool and hot tub are nice, they have a gym and coke machines, ice machines, conference rooms really pretty, security guard driving around all night long. That was more than average Rodeway Inn Ive stayed in. I’ll absolutely give them another try, at least this one. Free breakfast, free high speed internet, pets allowed, shuttle bus service. Travelers if you want to spend less get this brand. Roly and Janeth

Room Tip: ask for east side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking your time, write us a good review and for being a guest of our hotel. I will be sharing this review with all the staff, it will serve as added encouragement to them for a job well done!
We look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Hi there....I took my time to review the hotel cause thats nothing close to the bad reviews I read when i was looking for a hotel to stay in. Rooms aren't fancy, but the price was affordable. Rooms were clean, no bugs, rodents or trash. Front staff, I'm assuming the owners or manager, they're awesome. I'll take friendly and welcoming service over fancy stuffy hotel service any day. Made reservations over the phone with ease. We stay there every time we pass through Albuquerque, probably 1 or 2 times a year and will continue to do so. Thanks so much for a pleasant and quite stay!

Room Tip: east side the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Yissell G.

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for staying with us. We are trying so hard to make every stay as pleasant as possible. . I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you especially liked our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you one more time in a near future

Best regards

Reviewed 19 April 2014

wow what great customer service I would like to say thank you to all the staff at the rodeway inn east you all worked so hard to accommindate our stay from the time we checked in till we checked out nothing but a great experience wish we had more time there but we will be back for another great stay hope to see my new friends at the rodeway inn soon

Room Tip: ask for the 2 room suite its like a apartment
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tim s

Dear Tim s

Thank you for your recent review of your stay in this Rodeway Inn. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and you specially liked our staff. We cant wait to see you again. I want you to know we truly appreciate your business

Best regards