“Not too good”

Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Salida, Colorado
“Not too good”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Elevator did not work, ice machines on 1st and 2nd floor out of order, Otherwise fair and room was at least fairly clean. Front desk people friendly as were the homeless people in the parking lot. I would probably stay on my next visit to Albuquerque.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review. Since the posting, our elevator has been fixed and is running smoothly. While our ice machines are down for the winter, we do have ice available at the front desk for guests. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and that you would return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in October 2013.
The staff were wonderful and friendly.
The corridors to some of the rooms are dark and uninviting.
The rooms themselves were comfortable enough and there is ample parking.
The wifi was not the greatest, but okay.
There was little in the way of traffic noise, there are neighbouring workshops that start making a bit of a racket early in the morning - but if you're a heavy sleeper like me, it's tolerable.

The location isn't too bad.
It's slim pickings for nearby places to eat. I'm 6ft2 and a solid build - and even I was cautious walking around the area after dark.
The included breakfast is one of the better ones I've had.

it's fine for a stopover, but you could probably do better for the same price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Madera, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ok place to stay only complaint, I left my crochet project in room and they couldn't be bothered to find out where it was to return it to me. I was told by the night clerk on 10/31/13 to call back the next day and ask for the house keeping department. I did call back and the clerk at the desk said he would look for the item in question. I never did get to speak to anyone in charge of the cleaning staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Our housekeeping department brings all lost and found items to the desk and we do not have a record of your project. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion.
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We picked this Inn as one of the less expensive Inns via Kayak.com that was close to the airport so we were not really sure what we were in for. Reviews appeared to be good and the price was certainly right. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was well appointed for the rate and roomy. Vanity and bathroom facility were large and clean. Room was quiet. Only disappointing issues were the air conditioning was not up to the size of the room, so it was a bit warmer than we liked, and there was no second sheer curtain on the window for privacy if you wanted to open the main curtain for outside light. Tolietries were sparse and the coffee maker had been taken out for repair. But otherwise, we would definately stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the comments and feedback. We continue to make improvements to the hotel and hope that we will see you again the next time you are in Albuquerque!
new mexico
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Room was dirty....microwave,mirror and " clean dishes had dried on juice.......a work order was made on broken toilet seat and never repaired in the 3 day stay also the flushing valve had been repaired before as. It had been fixed with a clip and broke again and we had to stick hand in to flush...we left a wallet in the bathroom that was later returned. Empty. :-/ stayed here before and that time was pleasant....this time not so much :-(

Room Tip: Ask to see first
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. As we discussed when you checked out, the only item you brought to our attention immediately was the toilet seat. If the other items had been brought to our attention, we could have corrected them instead of learning about them later.

I again apologize for the issue with the wallet. As we discussed, it was left in our public restroom. I am glad the wallet was returned to you so you had your personal items.
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This was less than I expected from the reviews.
First the Pros: friendly, accommodating desk staff, both evening and morning, spacious room, clean sheets/linens, acceptable mattresses, I found no bed bugs, the TV and elevator worked.
Now, the Cons: safe neighborhood? When we arrived after 9 in the evening, the front doors were locked and got locked back up when I walked out, I think the evening clerk knows the neighborhood. Around every corner was an overflowing garbage can, some overflowing out into the parking lot. Equal tidiness was used in cleaning the room, I used the refrigerator by grabbing the door at any point other than the handle because it was so grubby I didn't want to touch it, the dried spills on the carpet didn't excite me either. The lamp next to the bed didn't light. No ice machines worked--on any floor, you needed to get ice from Reception. We didn't see more than 8 vehicles in the parking lot so the traffic wouldn't have been heavy but the wi-fi kept flaking out. Things are getting worn out and not replaced, the solid surface sink had cracks spreading out from the drain--a bacteria haven. The breakfast was a carb-lovers delight, the only protein in sight was the cream cheese for the bagels, butter for the toast and the milk for the cereal, everything else was some form of sugar or starch. On this trip, I stayed at 2 other establishments for the same per night price, both were well above the level of this one. Another reviewer mentioned the other chains in the area: try one of them or set your expectations low. Ugh.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the comments and feedback.

Our one ice machine was down but has since been fixed. Our maintenance personnel empty trash before they leave for the day. The cans do get full later in the evenings as guests check in and empty their vehicles. Our breakfast is a standard continental, which typically includes a large variety of breads and very few protein items.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We strive to make every guests' stay comfortable and pleasant. We obviously did not in your case. We continue to make improvements to the hotel and will use your feedback to help us direct future improvements and projects.

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 February 2013

A huge thank you to all of the staff of this facility... We arrived at 130am on 2/19 due to my daughter being admitted to UNMH for possible pre term labor. The staff was kind and very very accomodating to us. We were exhausted and just needed a clean safe place to rest. I will refer this motel to all of our friends who travel to Alb for medical services and we will be back to stay there when we come up to Alb for a pleasure trip... Thank you again the staff in this facility all deserve Kudos... THank you again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We greatly appreciate the feedback.

We hope your daughter is doing well and look forward to seeing you again!