“Stayed here often”

Courtyard Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #65 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have spent a lot of time in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, usually at the Courtyards (we like to add to our "Marriott Rewards").

Always good locations, convenient, nice clean rooms (we usually do the "suites"), good breakfasts.

Reasonably priced. We've tried many others - always end up here!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I like the new updated layouts in Courtyard's.

We stayed a Sunday night so there weren't many people staying a the hotel.
The lobby area with alcoves and tvs is great although background noise makes it hard to watch TV. The basic TV stations don't include some you would expect on basic cable so if you have a favorite show you want to watch you have to watch it in the lobby area.

We had dinner in the hotel which was good. The rooms are clean and the staff was very friendly.
The early morning free shuttle to the airport was quick and fairly easy. The shuttle driver was completely disinterested in helping guests with their bags. She opened the back door and walked away. If one of the guests didn't take charge loading bags it would have been a disaster. Also no help from the driver at the airport.

No tip for her from almost anyone. None was earned. Why someone wouldn't help so they could earn $20-$30 per trip in tips is beyond me.

I would still want to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CVZCY, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without honest feedback from guests such as you we have no way of improving the service we offer to our guests.

While I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel with us and that the our updated lobby and rooms were able to meet your needs, I am disappointed to hear about the service you experienced with the hotel's shuttle. Our guest's experience begins at the moment they step into our shuttle and I apologize that your experience was not typical of what our guests expect. I have shared your comments with our team to continue to improve the service we offer our guests. I have met with our shuttle staff to ensure that we are welcoming our guests into the shuttle just as we would if they walked in the front door.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We normally stay at the Residence Inn right behind the Courtyard, but luckily I got an email from Marriott showing me a great rate for this hotel combined with a deep discount on a Hertz rental.

The check-in was quick, very friendly and they found me a great room for an early noon check-in. The room was well appointed and clean, the bed very comfortable. Key for me to a good hotel is comfortable pillows and big fluffy towels. Check and check. Add to that the Bistro's good menu and tasty food as well as the proximity to the airport, Central Avenue and I-25.

The only request I would make is for a free continental breakfast, maybe limited to a certain membership level to keep cost down.

The only negative is the free wifi isn't worth the hassle. The access in the room is poor. I had to reload every page after getting an error on the first try. Some pages I could never load. If you're going to offer free internet, don't impair the goodwill you've just earned by all the good things about the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MustangRick

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without honest feedback from guests such as you we have no way of improving the service we offer our guests.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our amenities exceeded your expectations. I was disappointed to hear that our internet was unable to meet your needs during your visit. I have followed up with our internet provider to ensure that our signal is operating as it should. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can continue to improve the service we offer our guests.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel is located VERY close to the airport which makes it very useful for conferences (I was there for one) and quick exits. The staff is very helpful, and they provide very accommodating shuttle service throughout Albuquerque (which is important since cabs get pricey and are near impossible to flag down without calling in)

The courtyard itself is quite comfortable for groups to meet and chat.

If you are looking for food, you will need to travel inwards to the city unless you are satisfied with strip mall like options (eg. Applebees)

Some room advice... try to avoid the area near the entrance to the pool. It can get a bit noisy at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin_Hy

I am pleased that it sounds like you were satisfied with your visit to the hotel and our staff and shuttle accomodations. We pride ourselves on meeting our guest needs and the amenities of our hotel enable our guests to win at their game. I have shared your comments about the pool area with our staff so we can improve the service we offer to our guests.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stay at this property every time I fly into Albuquerque and it was very convenient due to the shuttle they provide. It is located about five minutes from the airport. This property is very clean and I have had no issues the three times I have stayed there. There is always parking and there are a lot of restaurants close by. Staff is very friendly and all three times have taken me early to the airport for a 6am flight.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
CVZCY, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport during your recent visit. Our staff and I are proud of the service we provide on a daily basis and thank you for recognizing our efforts. It is our pleasure to serve and we look forward to the seeing you again during your next trip.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was the last part of our vacation and the best hotel. It seems newer as the lobby, deli area and halls were very clean. Our rooms were accomodating as the beds were so comfortable with great pillows. Finally, rooms with separate vanity from the commode and shower! The staff was wonderful! The clerk who checked us in was so helpful he shuffled rooms so we and the other couple we were traveling with, could have rooms closer to each other. i really appreciate this. I will definitely stay here again, if traveling through this area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views. Either the pool area or to the outside - beautiful trees, shurubs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport during your recent visit. My staff and I are very proud of the service we provide on a daily basis for our guests and thank you for recognizing our efforts. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we all look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a 6AM flight so we opted to return the rental car early and stay near the airport (5 minutes away). We checked in early and dropped the luggage at the hotel before returning the car. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the rental return so I did not have to navigate back to the airport and then get to hotel shuttle pick-up area back at the airport. The hotel shuttle runs 5AM - 11PM. The shuttle driver was there early, so she took us to the airport at 4:45 AM. We still made our flight in plenty of time. Would be better if they started shuttle service at 4:30 AM to give early morning travels a bit more time, but it still worked and again, the driver took us a bit earlier. Option would be taxis at about $8, not too bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family