“Great Hotel and Location”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed here for a company party being held for Cinco de Mayo and the hotel is beautiful. This was originally a Holiday Inn, then changed a few times until it became the Marriott. The hotel is older, but very beautiful! They are always updating the facility. Check-in was easy and lots of parking. There are only two elevators in the hotel, right in the middle by the front. So, if your room is across the hotel, like mine (719) it is a good walk to your room. The room was very large with an amazing bed. There is also a large chair, work desk, and separate area from the bathroom where you can store the ice, glasses, etc. The views were amazing! Recommend getting higher room for the views. The bathroom is soooooo small! It was nicely updated, but very cramped. I liked the hotel alot and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when our guests have such a postive experience! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stayed here several times on business. The staff is mostly very helpful, friendly and nice. Unfortunatley the hotel is pretty dated and badly in need of some refurbishment. It's kind of dim, and starting to look a bit shabby, but seems pretty clean. I had a room with a broken air conditioner that sounded like a prop motor on an airplane. When I asked for another room, they told me they didn't have any more. Then they finally moved me to a room just outside the elevator that had talking people and noise much of the night. I try to avoid staying here in favor of other nicer properties in Albuquerque!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was mixed.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. We should have done a better job at insuring the room was up to our standards prior to checking you into it. I do appreciate the nice comments regarding my staff. The team takes pride in our service and works hard to make it memorable.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve issues such as these. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service. If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to rich.lundt@jqh.com so we can address it with you directly.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Richard Lundt

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I was recently here for a karate tournament. My bed was comfy, room (217) was clean and quiet, the staff is nice and tolerant. My only complaints are with the slow elevators...that is why we stayed on the 2nd floor. We used the stairs at all times. I was there for 3 nights. The restaurant is adequate. Not great, not bad. The service was great at breakfast and marginal at dinner. I will stay there again. Easy on and off the highway. Free parking is convenient, but I did meet a couple at breakfast whose truck was stolen out of the parking lot!

Room Tip: If you like exercise, forgoe the slow elevator and book a lower floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the comments where we can improve. I can assure you, I will share all of your comments with me team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted for next year’s tournament. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments as it helps us improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Of course on my 12th stay here and knowing that I was going to review, the staff was spot on!!! (Well maybe they didn't know, but I did). My service, my room, the whole place is smiles and how can we help you.

This is a friendly place. Great rooms, great service, great outlook!!!! I stay here whenever I am in in ABQ. They are a customer first oriented place!

The Elevators suck, but give the opportunity to know your fellow traveller

• Stayed: March 2012
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel! It is always gratifying to hear the good experiences our guests have! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here a few years ago, but don't remember it being so dated. We had a suite with a queen size pull-out sofa sleeper, which was not comfortable for just sitting and watching TV. The televisions are new flat screens, but that's about the only new thing there. The sink took forever to drain. The linens were nice, but the furniture looked like it came out of a garage sale......20 years ago. The doors did not fit their frames and we had to put a towel along the bottom of the door to the hallway. Also, no matter where you set the thermostat, prepare to roast. The hair dryer was superior to most hotels. The noise level from the atrium style architecture was unbelievable. It didn't help that there were buses of children (apparently with few chaparones). The kids were running up and down the hallways on all floors and up and down the stairwells slamming doors. Finally we had to call the front desk for some intervention. Unlike most hotels were the noise is confined to the floor you are on, this one treats you with noise from EVERYWHERE!

We attended a wedding which was located in the "pavilion". It was lovely and the staff was terrific. However, there is no restroom and since the pavilion is located behind the hotel, you had to walk from behind up along and into the Convention Center to use the restrooms. This was extremely inconvenient.

The staff was wonderful everywhere, the room service was excellent and fast. The buffet was the same every morning. And I mean the SAME!

I would not stay in this hotel again, there are too many other choices.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel. If you must stay here, call and ask if they have any groups of k...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the comments where we can improve. I can assure you, I will share all of your comments with me team and will make sure that we improve the areas you noted. We should have done a better job handling all the children. I am sorry you had to endure all the noise. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments as it helps us improve. Thank you again and we hope you give us another opportunity!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

The entire staff was helpful, attentive, and indicative of the Marriott way. The facility was clean and appeared to be well maintained. But...everything is long in the tooth and needs a makeover. Furniture is dated and the veneers are peeling. Towels are threadbare. THere are no attempts at conservation: no recycling, no towel reuse offering, etc. I might stay here again but only if the other Marriott is full.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ThingsINotice

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the comments where we can improve. We should have done a better job with the towel quality and I will meet with my team to make sure this does not happen again. I can assure you, we do have an active recycling program. If you would like to discuss in more detail, I can be reached at 505 798 6410 or rich.lundt@jqh.com. We do welcome your suggestions and comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

As expected everything was easy, pleasant and clean from making the reservation to checking out. The reason I wanted to write this review is the little extras. The extra down pillows were perfect for me. The towels could have been a bit better but that is minor.I was there for a conference and they handled the convention things - food, turning over rooms etc professionally and expeditiously.
The best part is, I had lost my memory stick while I was there. It actually fell out of my car. They found it in the parking lot, tracked me down and mailed it to me within days. Especially appreciated because my computer had messed up and deleted (ok, maybe it was me) a couple of files that did not get saved and were on my lost stick!
Thank you Marriott for a great stay and going that extra step!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Lost and found is one of most difficult items to handle and I am glad we were able to get the memory stick back to you. I will make sure to commend my team. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!