“Worse for ware”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #72 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a hotel that if they would keep up appearances it would be fine.
The initial visit to the halls was that they everything needed cleaned or renovated. The doors were splotchy with mismatched painted or peeling paint I don't now which. The halls gave me the heeby geebies to begin with. After staying at the hotel, I’d have to say that the pictures of the hotel are more like the pictures of a hotel that once was. The TV was not flat screen it was an older CRT (before high def). I’ve stayed at other Marriotts before and had become accustomed to a certain level of quality from the chain. I didn’t read the reviews on this hotel before I booked; my mistake! This hotel does not deserve the Marriott name and the poor reviews are accurate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Chad K,
In reading you review I was a little surprised at your comments. With the exception of only a few small areas of our hotels, our guest hallways have guest rooms on one side and open up to our atrium on the other giving them a very open, airy feeling. In addition, our guest rooms have had flat screens in them for quite some time. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear from you directly to discuss your comments with you personally. Many thanks and best wishes for safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed there during balloon fiesta and you could hear everything from people taking in other rooms, to toilets flushing. Wasn't the best nights rest. But as far as location to the balloon fiesta park it was great location.

• Stayed: October 2013
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear SLWRN, Thank you for staying with us during Balloon Fiesta and I'm sorry that you were disturbed by noise from other rooms. I hope you enjoyed this years event. The weather was great and the balloons were flying everyday with the exception of one morning due to higher winds. We have a great location and you can see the balloons from many of our guest rooms. It is so fun to see the sky filled with all the colorful hot air balloons. Thank you again for joining us and best wishes for the coming year.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

friendly check-in staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Love the Marriot pillows- very comfy. Some of the furniture in the room is a little dated and the elevators are slow, but bathroom was updated and had room had new flatscreen TV. We were on the 8th floor and had a pretty good view of the city and mountains. wifi should be free. would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear fm442, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the views. They are one of my favorite features of our hotel and the area. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a modernization project of our guest elevators and are working on one at a time. When completed, the elevators will be more effiicient for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Here for a meeting. The hotel is a little dated (the elevators take forever. They should have another set!), but my room was large, clean and well appointed. My room had a nice view of the highway, 2 TVs, and excellent internet speeds.

I stayed on the 8th floor and had access to the Concierge lounge. The concierge lounge is very nice -- I visited for snacks -- there was a large bar (but I think you had to pay for alcohol), and snacks.

I visited the workout room. There were 3-4 treadmills, weights, a couple of bikes, and a few orbital walkers. The room was clean, lots of towels, and cold water. I was pleased.

Overall the price was right, and the place was nice. I could stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear MNelson486,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I'm so glad that you liked your room and our conciege lounge. The concierge and culinary team do a great job in this area and our concierge lounge is consistently rated one of the top in all of Marriott by our guests. Related to our guest elevators, we are currently working on a modernization of them, one at a time, to improve their efficiency. We hope we will see you again in future and wish you happiness for the coming year.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Here for a convention. The hotel is next to freeway so it is fairly easy to get to in this traffic-choked town. The rooms are clean - straight from the 1980's. The light fixtures on the desk have ports for your dial-up modem. Dining venues appear tired - the fake waterfall in the lobby is ... well, very fake.

Wifi is free in the lobby. But they charge something like $12/day to get wifi in your room. This is the business-equivalent of charging for in-room TV in 1980. All in all, Marriott is a franchise that planned well for the late 20th century and is failing to figure out the 20th century came and went. This particular venue reflects that overall corporate ethic.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ed R,
Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you enjoyed the convention that you attended. I'm glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and have passed your comments on to our housekeeping team. In reading your comments about Marriott in general, I wanted to let you know about many of the new services Marriott has been introducing to assist today's traveller with their everchanging needs. Marriott introduced a new great room concept that provided guests with more open concept seating and access to technology to give guests a more relaxing work environment. We are currently in the design stage for this concept at our our hotel. Recently, Marriott introduced Marriott Mobile where a guest can communicate mobilely with the hotel on their arrival time and get advanced notice when their guest room is ready and provide a faster check in expereince. For our meeting contacts, Marriott has also introduced a mobile application for a group's contact to communicate with our Red Coat staff in fast, real time for the ever changing needs of a meeting without the contact ever having to leaving the meeting to let us know. Our hotel was part of the early launch for both of these new, innovative services for our guests and we have recieved very positive reponses on these services. Perhaps, behind the scenes, the contact for the convention you attended used this very service. There is more still to come in 2014 and I hope you like what Marriot will be introducing. Safe travels to you.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was there just one night this trip for a convention. The check-in staff were pleasant and I didn't spend much time in my room. The view of the roof is not great but maybe the higher floors have better views (I was on the 4th floor). It seems 'tired' looking. Not sure when they are scheduled up renovate but hopefully soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Karen B,
Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the convention you attended. Please accept my apologies for the view from your room and as you noted, the higher the floor, the better the room view. Most of our rooms have great views of the downtown lights, the mountains, and the open spaces. It still amazes me how far one can see here. Best wishes to you.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel was the perfect hotel to view the Albuquerque hot air balloon fest. Room 419 is a corner room with an excellent view of the mass ascend. The decorations inside the hotel were over the top!! Will be back

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear jesfire415,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Balloon Fiesta and your stay at our hotel. We have some great views of the balloons taking off in the mornings and filling the sky. As the closest full service hotel to Balloon Fiesta Park, we have become a favorite for many for this event. It sounds like we are yours and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014.